GIRLS on HBO...

55,255 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cone
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
that's because it's a troll
20ag07
quote:
Basically, she really doesn't give a **** if we think she's naked too much.
She had to explicitly say this on a podcast for people to figure it out?
Jim01
AG
A good episode. Is it wrong that I was actively rooting for Jessa to OD?
cone
AG
no

that dude from Hudson Hawk is definitely either going to die or do something equally horrid
TCTTS
AG
Great episode again last night. A little over halfway through the season, and I'd say season three so far is definitely better than all of season two.
cone
AG
Season 3 is definitely better than 2

last night was okay

this show would be so much better if Hannah just died or suffered some debilitating injury

how about we just follow Adam as he tries to breakout? he's the star of this show.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
how about we just follow Adam as he tries to breakout? he's the star of this show.

Like I've been saying all along. Adam and Ray are far more interesting/funny than anyone else in the cast.
SlimM
AG
^
^
This. I like Girls, but I hate all the girls in the show.
TCTTS
AG
Finally listened to Lena Dunham on the BS Report from last week, and I gotta say, I like/respect her a lot more now. I'll never not roll my eyes at the incessant, naked trolling, but other than that, she honestly sounds like someone I'd want to hang out with. Seems super cool, level-headed, and down to earth...

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=10486368

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 2/28/2014 2:51p).]
BallerStaf2003
AG
I heard the same thing tctts.

Was really impressed.
TCTTS
cone
AG
she wants NYC go to back to late 70s "authenticity"

is she all that down-to-earth?
TCTTS
AG
Are you actively looking for things to nitpick? She's obviously not perfect. I was basically just saying that she didn't come across as annoying as people make her out to be.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 3/1/2014 3:21p).]
cone
AG
yeah I realize that sort of sentiment is a pretty small nit
ATM9000
AG
Eh... I am a fan of the show Girls and can definitely gather she does not equal Hannah in real life, but nonetheless was somewhat irritating to listen to in longform. Guess you guys didn't roll your eyes when she dropped the she ironically buying bad 80's movies posters as well as calling certain purchases pretentious not 2 minutes into her interview.

Talented writer... but annoying hipster at her core.
cone
AG
#dark
20ag07
"I'm not here to fill up your life with ****in stories for your ****in Twitter."

That was a weirdly paced episode, but the awful front setup was well worth the great ending.
TCTTS
AG
^ Agreed. I really like where this is going.
cone
AG
lol

this is the funniest episode yet
TCTTS
AG
HANNAH: What drama? This is just me.

ADAM: Exactly.

Maybe the most poignant exchange of the season, if not the entire series. Perfectly summed up everything, so simply.
TCTTS
AG
Also, rewatching that scene, it totally didn't register the first time with me that Adam and Ray are potentially going to be ROOMMATES. This may be the single best development in the show's history.
TCTTS
AG
Finally, anyone else here see Frances Ha? Kind of weird/funny that the GQ co-worker of Hannah's, who took care of here when she was drunk - who she will no doubt hook up with by season's end - is the same actor who played basically the exact same character in what many consider to be the big-screen version of Girls. He was also in the second and final season of How to Make It in America, which was kind of the male version of Girls, and was actually cancelled to make way for it. It's as if some version of him HAS to exist in that universe, no matter the show/movie.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 3/10/2014 11:59p).]
LawAg05
AG
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-lena-dunham-quitting-acting-glamour-sxsw-keynote-20140311,0,3152718.story#axzz2vlAnin94

quote:
Lena Dunham may quit acting

Hopefully she wont feel the need to constantly be naked in her new endeavors..
cone
AG
sad, she was legit funny in the last episode

it turns out that she's got some physical comedy outside of getting naked
TCTTS
AG
Anyone see her on SNL this past weekend? I thought she did a pretty decent job there as well.
cone
AG
query

how did Lena and Grace Dunham come from the same womb?
20ag07
Headed into the finale, I think this season has been stronger and more polished, but ultimately less interesting than the previous ones. Because this show doesn't irk me like it (inexplicably) does so many others, I enjoyed watching the big swings in the past seasons, even when they were huge misses. Nude scenes aside (get over it, already) it feels like she was trying to not piss people off so much this year. And while that lead to every episode being consistently decent with no real duds, more than half the fun was the "grab bag" effect and never knowing wtf kind of episode you were going to get on a given week. Just felt like an unnecessarily "safe" season, while unnecessarily controversial was more engaging.
TCTTS
AG
In agreement, for the most part, 20ag07. I've loved this season, but it definitely hasn't had the same kind of arcs as the past couple. The first two season felt like they were writing them as if either one could be their last. Now, it feels like they know they're likely going to be around for a few more seasons, so they're slowing the pace and playing it a little safer than usual.
Jim01
AG
Agreed it has slowed but it has been enjoyable.

Hannah continues to be insufferable. Maybe it's because I am male that I feel the males are the best part of the show. Even her gay friend had the best lines of the night.
Furlock Bones
AG
Not surprising that Hannah would flip out about marnie and Ray considering he is the most rational person on the show and Hannah can't stand rational.
Token
AG
last night was good, but my eyes will be forever scarred by that erotica outfit she wore 2 episodes ago. what the ****
cone
AG
inexplicably?
marble rye
AG
quote:
last night was good, but my eyes will be forever scarred by that erotica outfit she wore 2 episodes ago. what the ****

You look like a Christmas Tree.
cone
AG
great finale, great season
Al Bula
AG
The show has grown on me. The scenes when Hanna let Adam in on the Iowa deal and when Marnie told Shoshanna about Ray were cringe worthy. I wanted to wring their necks for being so self centered. I don't see how being in Iowa moves this show forward so I look for Hanna to ruin that in typical Hanna fashion. Also loved Marnie getting called out by the girlfriend. She is so incredibly hot but equally despicable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.