GIRLS on HBO...

54,981 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cone
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3rdcoast,

the iowa deal could be a precursor to the end of the show. i think i've read a couple of places that dunham may be wanting to move on.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
the iowa deal could be a precursor to the end of the show. i think i've read a couple of places that dunham may be wanting to move on.

All she said was that she might not want to act forever. Girls will definitely be around for a while. I'd say at least two more seasons, maybe more.
marble rye
AG
Season Finale....is the object of the show to make you go against all you have been taught as a viewer and hate each and every one of the main 4 characters? If so, it worked.

Mark me down for being sick of shows/movies based in New York and the boroughs.
Jim01
AG
Hannah continues to be an idiot. Why on earth did she think it was a good idea to tell him that right before going on stage? She just doesn't get it at all.
InternetFan02
AG
Is anyone else willing to stand up and admit they're still watching this show and have thoroughly enjoyed this season compared to the last 2?
Sex Panther
AG
I watch it in hopes that they'll all be walking down the street and a grand piano being lifted into an apartment will fall onto them.
Furlock Bones
AG
nope, i stopped watching some time last season and refuse to watch another episode of that dreck. it just got unbearable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I watched the first few eps of this season, and stopped. I may binge them once this season is over.
Duncan Idaho
I watch it for the same reason I read the politics board
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Is anyone else willing to stand up and admit they're still watching this show and have thoroughly enjoyed this season compared to the last 2?
Right here. This has been an absolutely phenomenal season so far. All four girls are obviously the worst, Marnie probably the most so, but her episode on Sunday was easily one of the best episodes of television all year. I feel like now that they have an end date (next season will be its last), they've really been to hone in on what makes the show work, try some new things, and give it a bit more focus.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not really much of a story, but I'm almost sure I walked past Allison Williams in Manhattan a few weeks ago. She is so damn hot.
Max Power
AG
quote:
quote:
Right here. This has been an absolutely phenomenal season so far. All four girls are obviously the worst, Marnie probably the most so, but her episode on Sunday was easily one of the best episodes of television all year. I feel like now that they have an end date (next season will be its last), they've really been to hone in on what makes the show work, try some new things, and give it a bit more focus.
Not sure I've seen them all this season but I still see episodes on occasion with my wife and I agree, the last episode was outstanding, really liked it. I hate marnie and dezi both, but that episode was so good. I also really enjoyed the one in Japan with Shoshanna having her breakdown. I wish there was more ray on the show, I enjoy his old man sensibilities.
TCTTS
AG
Yep, that Shoshanna/Japan ep was great too. And I'm right there with you on Ray. One of my favorite characters on all of TV. I seriously wish he had his own show. I actually saw that actor - Alex Karpovsky - at a restaurant in Hollywood a few weeks ago and was legit giddy.
ATM9000
AG
Episode Sunday might have been the best one they've ever made.
20ag07
I still enjoy that, like Louie, you never know exactly what show you're going to get on any given week. Half the entertainment of this show was always the divisiveness and people just all worked up about nothing. Now that that's blown over and it's just a show, it's less fun, but still exactly what I want to do on a Sunday night.
Duncan Idaho
I would watch that. I love that he is the only decent human being on the show and he is aware of it
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
I'm also a big fan of Elijah. I would totally watch a show starring him and Ray.
Sex Panther
AG
Elijah is pretty hilarious.

Also I'm definitely never gonna be able to look at Corey Stoll the same way again
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I'm also a big fan of Elijah. I would totally watch a show starring him and Ray.

And remake of the remake of Odd Couple make it happen ttcts
NorthHollywoodHenry
AG
quote:
Elijah is pretty hilarious.

Also I'm definitely never gonna be able to look at Corey Stoll the same way again
That scene definitely took me by surprise...
Btron
AG
My wife will ondemand this here and there. I came home and it was the sauna yoga lesbian scene.
So there's that....
aglaohfour
AG
It's been a while since the show has made me laugh, but this exchange between Marnie and Desi had me loling.

"Probably, you are gonna get....murdered."

"Maybe you're right, maybe I do get murdered."

His facial expressions and their overall disgust with each other in that moment was just so damn funny to me. Perfection!

TCTTS
AG
This show is on a hell of a streak right now. Another phenomenal episode tonight.
Duncan Idaho
I want to see a play like that
Al Bula
AG
quote:
I want to see a play like that
Me too. I am not into live performances likes plays or theater, but that concept had me very intrigued. Very interesting choice to feature a play about the bystander effect in the Genovese murder.
Duncan Idaho
So was that it for the series or for the season?
JuliusCaesarAggie
quote:
I think the real question is how much more weight will Lena Dunham have to put on before she stops doing gratuitous nude scenes?
-----------------------------------------------------------
Duncan Idaho
The answer to that is infinity pounds. And you know that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
I think the real question is how much more weight will Lena Dunham have to put on before she stops doing gratuitous nude scenes?
I watched three episodes in the past few days. She showed her tits and/or vagina in every one.

Enough. Jesus. Why do you keep doing this to us?
Duncan Idaho
Well if it was the season finale, I thought it set up some good stories for next season.

If it was the series finale, it ended on way to high of a note
Al Bula
AG
There will be one more season i believe.
JuliusCaesarAggie
I can't argue with that
TCTTS
AG
One more season left. Last night's season finale perfectly capped off what I thought was easily the best season since season one.
Duncan Idaho
Good to know there is one more season. I agree it was great ending for the season.

Jim01
AG
Lena seems to be taking weight from Allison Williams, who I think is gorgeous but becoming a twig

I liked this season a lot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.