GIRLS on HBO...

54,985 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cone
20ag07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Young girls are great. Young girls and older ladies- it's the in-betweens that are a problem."

That episode should buy Lena a week or 2 on the "she thinks it's all about her" front.

Was Marnie's character this unlikeable last season? If you disregard her looks, she's almost more obnoxious than Hannah at this point (yeah yeah yeah, except for the apparently unforgivable fact that Hannah chooses to dress like a hobo).

My favorite twitter snark: "I don't find it realistic that a dog that attractive would just go home with Adam like that."
20ag07
"That wasn't sex, you just came in my thigh crease."

Didn't like this episode. Can they just bring Elijah back and have more parties please.
Joan Wilder
AG
I have never known a girl/woman that when needing to pee outside, chooses to squat with her a$$ facing her friend, in the open, rather than going BEHIND a structure.
Tim McCarver
I was praying that there would be a horrible, fiery wreck when they were driving on whip its.
TCTTS
AG
Probably my least favorite episode of the entire series. We all know Jessa sucks. Devoting an entire out-of-the-city episode to her family was even worse. Feels like forever since we've spent any significant amount of time in Manhattan/Brooklyn, with all the characters in the same episode.

quote:
I was praying that there would be a horrible, fiery wreck when they were driving on whip its.

Was legitimately hoping for the exact same thing. At least it looks like Jessa may be gone for a while (hopefully for the rest of the season).

And to echo Clarke95's sentiment above, I just don't understand what compels someone to have to take off their clothes every single episode. It's like Dunham is just trolling us at this point. It's gone from "brave" to "weird" to "okay this has to stop" in a ridiculously short period.

quote:
Can they just bring Elijah back and have more parties please.

Also, this. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure he's gone for the rest of the season, as that actor, Andrew Rannells, had to leave to go film The New Normal on NBC (in LA). Hopefully that show doesn't get renewed and he's back full-time for Girls season three. His character is the prefect friend/foil for Hannah, and at the very least, livens up any scene he's in.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 2/25/2013 6:03p).]
TCTTS
AG
Btw, only three episodes left. I've loved the majority of this season, but they really need to end strong...
Inspector Spacetime
AG
This was probably my least favorite episode of the season, but I would imagine it will pick up again starting with next week.

It's been a while since we've seen Shosh and the episodes are honestly just never as interesting when they: a.) leave NYC, and b.) focus on only one or two characters. I don't feel like she's built Jessa up enough this season to make us give a **** about her family problems.

And I agree, I was pretty annoyed with the unnecessary friend-facing public squatting, though I did enjoy that Jessa told her the coast was clear and the timing/editing of the slightly shocked adult couple coming by.

Anyway, here's to more Ray, Shoshanna, NY, Adam, and maybe some Marnie in the last three. Oh and I suppose they'll wrap up the month-to-write-an-e-book and Hannah/Marnie chick-feud story lines.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
"That wasn't sex, you just came in my thigh crease."

Not my favorite episode, but I laughed harder at this than I have at anything in a really long time. I just totally was not expecting her to say that.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
eh, still enjoyed this episode far more than the one two weeks ago with the doctor
TCTTS
AG
MUCH better episode tonight. Granted, the OCD stuff with Hannah was weird and way out of left field, but everything with Ray/Marnie/Adam was gold.

Btw, a buddy of mine swears up and down that the entire episode was dream. Hannah's whole mess, Charlie suddenly having it all together, Adam hitting it off with that hot daughter, Shoshanna and the doorman, etc. Plus, it opened with Adam in bed and drinking that old milk or whatever it was. It obviously wasn't a dream, but it would kind of sort of make sense in a way...
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Awesome episode.

As with season one, Adam is becoming my favorite character on the show after spending time as "that crazy guy" for the first 2/3rds of season's episodes. The actor who plays him just nails every delivery of every line and once again he's all of a sudden the easiest character to root for on the show (since Ray didn't really have much going on this episode). Now if only I could find some eccentric mother with a hot, genuine-seeming daughter to set me up with. I don't think it usually works out the way it does in this episode.

Marnie is still annoying with her sense of entitlement as someone who "has their **** together," but it seems like there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping she gets even more reality checks if she attempts this singing thing. At least it's going to be a more interesting story line.

Based on some tweets I read tonight, it would appear that Lena Dunham suffered from some OCD growing up, which I guess shouldn't come as a surprise since she seems to transfer a lot of stuff from her own life into this "character." Anyway, I'm not sure if that's going to be a one-off problem or something that continues through the rest of the season/throughout the show. I don't know where she's really going with it yet if it does keep going.

Anyway, that was a good one, which probably means we're in for a strange, "self-indulgent," bottle episode or something generally disappointing to around half of "Girls" viewers. And then I believe it's the season finale.

[This message has been edited by Inspector Spacetime (edited 3/4/2013 12:07a).]
Token
AG
finally a decent episode after the past 4+ episodes of utter garbage
Duncan Idaho
2 things

First, I agree that the OCD seemed forced and out of place. The character is messed up enough that making her OCD felt unnecessary.

Second, The amount of time did not seem consistent with the amount of change with Charlie and the progress she had made on her book.

boy09
AG
quote:
Second, The amount of time did not seem consistent with the amount of change with Charlie and the progress she had made on her book.

He said he came up with the idea right after they broke up, which has been a while. Everyone else acted like he had been doing it a while. Marnie was the only one that didn't know, which makes sense considering Charlie has been trying to avoid her. I didn't think it was too unrealustic.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
The timing didn't seem weird to me, especially since I feel like an internet company can pop up pretty quickly and get running compared to other more tangible products. That's said with absolutely no experience of course, but given he said the investor already had that office space it didn't seem too quick to me.
TCTTS
AG
Genius:

http://www.collegehumor.com/article/6874239/if-people-talked-about-seinfeld-like-they-talk-about-girls
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
The chick Adam went on a date with was drop dead gorgeous
agfromlbk
AG
Ya I'm going to keep watching just to see the chick Adam is talking too.
20ag07
quote:
And he’s constantly having sex with these beautiful women. Like, WAY too beautiful for a schlubby guy like Jerry. Even George, who’s like short and fat, and Kramer, who’s just kind of gross, both also have sex with these beautiful women. It’s like, yeah, okay, Jerry. I guess enjoy the dream while you can.
He rarely shows skin though, and that's the difference.
quote:
And speaking of never working a day, what’s up with Kramer? He doesn’t seem to have a job and yet somehow he can live by himself in a giant high-rise Manhattan apartment. Are we to assume that his parents are giving him money? Is all this someone’s New York experience? Because it sure ain’t mine!
lol
Heisenberg
quote:
Ya I'm going to keep watching just to see the chick Adam is talking too.

as a whole, this is probably the worst show ive seen yet its little things like this that keep me watching from week to week.
Jim01
AG
Shiri Appleby has been a favorite of mine for a while. So cute!
rhoswen
AG
Got through the part where she's walking down the street looking over her shoulder, then opening & closing the door 8 times. Turned it off. This OCD thing came out of NOWHERE.
SlimM
SlimM
SlimM
SlimM
SlimM
SlimM
SlimM
SlimM
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
i have to say, i'm not sure wtf happened in marnie's story. why the hell did charlie take her back?

adam is evidently still a pretty effed up dude...still a favorite character though
Joan Wilder
AG
Why would any girl go home with Adam? He reeks of serial killer.
Jim01
AG
Quite and episode. Two crinch worthy moments that I had to turn away from (Marnie singing and the final ear scene). Shiri Appleby in a quite a scene as well. yowza!
boy09
AG
quote:
i have to say, i'm not sure wtf happened in marnie's story. why the hell did charlie take her back?

Because he is a dude, and she is hot and has boobs.
20ag07
quote:
Why would any girl go home with Adam?
Hang on now. I thought this question was reserved for Hannah and Hannah only.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.