GIRLS on HBO...

55,371 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cone
phatbc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^
That is a good way to look at it
Silver Arrows
AG
Didn't like this past weekends episode. It looks like the story is moving forward by dropping the crazy dude and the boyfriend who can't stand up for himself. However there was not enough of the least crazy one, Shoshanna.
Jim01
AG
Didn't realize there were some famous offspring on here:

Marnie is Brian Williams' (NBC News) daughter
ShoShanna is David Mamet's daughter
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
quote:
I guess we are suppose to root for Hannah all of her problems seem to be completely self caused and I don't really have any sympathy for her.

this is my point of view as well.

with hating jessa, it's clear to me why she is the way she is - she's pretentious and delusional because she's traveled all over the world and has dudes of all ethnicities fawning over her, so her sense of self-worth is through the roof. and i did like in episode 3 how she just assumed she would be able to relate to all the different races of babysitters while they were just giving her the "yeah, ok, whatever *****" looks. her character, while intensely dislike-able, is at least entertaining and understandable at times

the problem with hannah is that she really has no reason to be the way she is. the moment that really made me start to hate her character is when she was absolutely owning that job interview, and then somehow managed to instantly flub it. her decisions legitimately do not make sense to me, while the other 3 i can relate to in some way, even as a non-hipster, non-parents'-money, southern male. but hannah just irritates and confounds me at every turn

there's still time for that to change, i guess. but as it is, i prefer the screen time of all the other characters
rhoswen
AG
I thought it was a great episode. Hannah's "boyfriend" is one weird dude and it cracks me the **** up.

The scene about suing had me rolling. "I'm ****ing nuts, why do you want me in your office?" hahahah
nai06
AG
honestly im pretty sure this show just appeals more to girls (go figure)

That being said, I think every episode has been hilarious.
TomHaverford
AG
This is the only show I'm re-watching every week now.

"I deserve honesty and respect, because I'm an important part of this community."

"What community?"

"The ****ing community of this apartment."

"You don't pay rent."

"Oh shut up".
TomHaverford
AG
Seeing Momma Weir's titties.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
seeing daddy Weir's *****
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
although, despite the "cannot unsee" imagery and the fact that we didn't get any of the other three girls, i liked this episode. it made me hate hannah even more, but in a kind of "oh wow, she's seriously doing that?" pathetic way. when she tried to use adam's dirty talking on the pharmacy guy and he was weirded out and turned off, i really kinda felt sorry for hannah, strangely enough
TCTTS
AG
Loved this episode. I know the show doesn't resonate with everyone, but even as a guy I find it incredibly relatable for some reason, especially this episode. Just the little moments of "truth" or of-the-times slices-of-life it seems to capture, of which there where even more than usual this go around (so much of that home-for-the-weekend vibe was spot-on). If anything, the streak of awesome, pitch-perfect closing songs continues, this time with Fleet Foxes.
phatbc
quote:
"oh wow, she's seriously doing that?" pathetic way. when she tried to use adam's dirty talking on the pharmacy guy and he was weirded out and turned off, i really kinda felt sorry for hannah, strangely enough
word
howitzercannon
AG
The one episode I watched, made me feel like punching every single one of the guys, repeatedly in the face, over and over, and over again. When Hannah went to her boss about fcking, he hit it on the head, she is incompetent.
AGgirl83
AG
I didn't like this one too much. I think I need to have the other girls in the episodes because I can't deal with all Hannah all the time. Plus Freaks and Geeks is one of my favorite shows, so this episode was the most cringe worthy so far.

Please never again with that shower scene!!

Losman
AG
Hannah tries too hard to please men who treat her like crap. Yet she should have told that friend of hers how she is worried for her going to LA and the reality she will encounter.

I did miss Shoshanna and Marnie
TomHaverford
AG
Season 2 guest star spoiler.

Elliot P. Campbell
AG
that's badass
TCTTS
AG
Donald Glover on Girls is a brilliant move. Also, Lena Dunham (Hanna) tweeted a pic from the set of season two a few days ago featuring the guy who plays Adam (her shirtless "boyfriend"), so I'm glad to see him back as well, in whatever capacity. His brief cameo toward the end of this week's episode was pretty hilarious.
HvilleAggie
AG
wasn't his role at the end of the episode more than a cameo? it looked to me to be the first conversation they had that wasn't centered around sex or her whining to him. for whatever reason these pointless conversations are a building block of relationships, so maybe they're finally turning a corner.

but I agree, too much Hannah this espisode, not enough Marnie/Shoshanna
Jim01
AG
Enjoyed it. How many episodes are there in this season?
TomHaverford
AG
10- 4 left.
Jasomania
AG
quote:
wasn't his role at the end of the episode more than a cameo? it looked to me to be the first conversation they had that wasn't centered around sex or her whining to him. for whatever reason these pointless conversations are a building block of relationships, so maybe they're finally turning a corner.

I really doubt it, the only reason he called is that she had called and hung up on him like 6 times other wise i don't think he would have called at all. I mean he said he missed her but not in a like "i really want to see you kind of way" he more just happened to notice she wasn't there, he didn't seem to care at all she was having sex with some one else.

The whole relationship is just a delusion on hannah's side. i still think its weird she tells every one hes her boyfriend.
phatbc
It definitely seemed like a "relationship moment"

We will see how they play it
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
The whole relationship is just a delusion on hannah's side.

This.

The trailer for the next episode suggests that Hannah will soon realize just how delusional she's been. The first time she's seen the guy outside his apartment or with a shirt on.
nai06
AG
good episode. I liked that Adam called hannah on her ****. And as always, Shoshanna does not disappoint.
TomHaverford
AG
My least favorite episode so far. Least comedic, and most serious, I guess.

"You never ask me anything, besides does this feel OK? Or do you like my skirt? Or how much is your rent? i'm not going to ****ing talk your ear off about **** you don't ask about. You don;t want to know me. You want to come over in the middle of the night and have me **** the dog**** out of you, and then leave and write about it in your diary. You don't want to know me." was pretty awesome though.
cone
AG
white people can really dance

[This message has been edited by SuperDave03 (edited 5/28/2012 9:09a).]
ATM9000
AG
quote:
Least comedic

Odd... thought the complete opposite when you combine Jessa's ****-talking, Shoshanna on crack, Adam's dancing, and Marnie's convo with the gay ex guy.
aCosmicBandito
AG
I thought it was a pretty funny episode. I cracked up when Shoshanna beat the crap out of that guy on the sidewalk. Was she not wearing panties or just in pantyhose? Was hard to tell and made it even funnier that they never addressed her not having a skirt on.
AGgirl83
AG
Shoshanna on crack was awesome. While I disliked the last episode with just Hannah, I think I could watch a whole series based on Shoshanna alone.
Losman
AG
Shoshanna was high so she must have pulled off her skirt. At first I also thought she was nude below the waist but she is wearing pantyhose and you can see panties underneath. I joked with a female friend that pantyhose are kinda like leggings. The massage she gave the guy was funny as it was obviously sexual.

Hannah is clueless but she has good friends who look out for her. Marney was great but it was sad to see her out of place at the party and realize that her ex has moved on. Jessa is crazy...
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I thought it was one of the funnier ones so far and one of the best of the season. There was a little bit of everything, and Shoshanna on crack was great. Hannah's whatever with Adam is pretty frustrating to watch but I really liked him calling her out at the end there.
phatbc
Good episode

Happy to see Marney get what she deserved
Hannah being called out was awesome
Shosh on crack was amazing
Bunk Moreland
i enjoyed the episode. I don't hate the brit as much as some on this board, but she's definitely the weakest link of the bunch so far, but that has a little to do with her writing and storyline.

Loved the writing of the girls this episode having to face the reality that while they think they are these open and welcoming people, they make every situation about them and play the victim and act very selfishly.

wasn't a fan of Adam other than his random remarks, but this opens up a lot as you see that the first few eps this year just show "her" side of the story as far as what it looks like on screen. Really well done.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
really, really liked this episode. shosh provided a lot of comedy, jessa finally acted in a respectable way when she turned down the dude's advances, and marnie realizing she made a huge mistake

best part was adam finally speaking up. after his speech, i'm definitely more pro-adam and anti-hannah. curious to see where that goes now

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.