Can anyone here seriously say they have seen a ghost?

339,902 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Slim Isle
TylerRealtor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bump for Halloween ----

Here is a story of mine:

A few years ago my best friend and I decided to make the trip from Tyler TX to attend an A&M game on a Saturday evening. Both of our older brothers attended A&M, so we visited rather often. Because of our frequent visits, we had mastered the back roads between Tyler and College Station.

After the game, we decided to make the 3 hour trek back to Tyler. We left College Station around Midnight and began driving. We were taking Farm to Market road 39 on our way back to Tyler and it was pitch black. Miles of pastures and an old rail road track are all that lined the pitch black road.

Suddenly, we see a dim light on the road miles ahead. In our sleep deprivation, we thought nothing of it. The closer we got to the light we realized it was a man on a small old riding lawn mower. The mower blade was shooting sparks onto the road as the man drove on the opposite side. My friend continued to drive into the night passed the man. A minute later, my friend suggested we go back and check to ensure the man is ok and isn't in trouble. (keep in mind he is mowing the street at 2am in the pitch black)

We turn the car around and drive back towards the man. We drive slowly in the direction of the man. We approach the man on the passenger side of the car. I roll down my window and ask if he is ok. His mower was extremely loud as the blades scraped the side of the deck and shot sparks onto the road. The man was disfigured. Missing many of his teeth. He had a bald head and was dressed in a camo military jump suit. He wore combat boots and barely opened his eyes when we asked how he was doing.

He sat just 4 feet form me on the mower as we asked how he was doing. He responded in a mumble that we could not understand.

All of a sudden an abandoned house behind the man (that we could not see in the darkness) lit up like lightening was striking inside the house. The light shined through the cracks of the house and through the broken windows. Directly behind the man was a glowing house that was so bright we couldn't look at it.

The man continued to mumble and turned off the blade to his lawn mower. Our hearts were racing. The man began to get off his mower and was feet from my fave. My friend peeled off and pulled a u turn into the opposite direction.

We could not believe what we had seen. Our eyes were watering from the shock of what had happened.

Fast forward a few months down the line. We hadn't really spoken of what had happened in the fear that people would call us crazy. I decided to tell my family one night.

My older brother's face ran cold. He stood there in disbelief that this had happened to me. When he too had seen this blinding light coming from the abandoned house on his way back from college one night around 2am.

To this day, every trip we make to college station we look for the small white abandoned house on Farm to Market road 39. We have yet to see it again.
Amazing Moves
The answer to OP.. No.
Amazing Moves
Riiiiiiight
mrnegative
Ghosts aren't real, GTFO
TylerRealtor
wah wah
The Fall Guy
AG
This thread is 8 years old. Every year it pops up.
we can pickle that
How Can Ghosts Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real
HossAg
AG
quote:
Ghosts aren't real, GTFO

How do you know that? Not saying you're wrong, but do we have proof that they aren't real?
End Of Message
AG
quote:
How Can Ghosts Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Lolz @ Jaden Smith
Ag_N_Houston
AG
I believe in ghosts. I think my story is in this thread somewhere.
Amazing Moves
quote:
quote:
Ghosts aren't real, GTFO

How do you know that? Not saying you're wrong, but do we have proof that they aren't real?
The last stand christian argument. Pushed into a corner by reason. The only thing left to hang on to.
mrnegative
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ghosts aren't real, GTFO

The last stand christian argument. Pushed into a corner by reason. The only thing left to hang on to.

I'm not Christian though
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ghosts aren't real, GTFO

I'm not Christian though

Lol, hoss nasty outed his sock
HossAg
AG
Wtf are you talking about? The whole point of me posting that was to make fun of our past debates. No religious implications, and mrnegative isn't my sock. You can ask cherry waves about that.
HossAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ghosts aren't real, GTFO

I'm not Christian though

He wasn't talking to you dude
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
Nice save, hoss, now no one knows it was you.
HossAg
AG
Lightning McQueen
Rutedown
Poeag
AG
Don't really have any ghost stories but I recently buried my grandfather this past week. A day before he passed I had a dream where he told me everything was going to be alright and it was just his time. I got the call the next day telling me he had passed. The catch is that this is the 3rrd time it has happened (my moms mom, my dads dad, and now my moms dad)
Birdwatcher
AG
January 2006. My sister (12 at the time), myself , and dad are feeding our stockshow animals at our barn, which is located on our ranch just about 2 miles from our house. It is dark outside and very cold. North Texas in January type of cold. My father, in 2002, found two cowboy graves located roughly 150 yards from our barn. The painted rocks and rusted horseshoe placed on each grave gave my dad confidence that he did in fact locate two graves that were most likely ranch hands of a prior ranch owner. Anyways, my dad and I are inside the barn while sister is going outside to get a flashlight from dad's truck parked just outside. All of a sudden, my dad and I hear a blood-curling scream come from outside the barn. Assuming something terrible has happened to my sister, my dad and I run to the entrance of the barn to check on sister. We meet her as she is running back inside the barn with tears rolling down her face. She will not talk about it to this day, but what she told dad and I that night of what she saw chilled us down to the bone. While walking around to the driver side door of dad's pickup, my sister saw a man in a cowboy hat on top of a horse that was in a full gallop towards the pickup truck. Yes, a full f***ing gallop. According to her, this cowboy was riding jockey-style leaning forward for a good 5 seconds. The cowboy simply vanished before making it to the barn and truck. My dad immediately grabbed a rifle and began searching for a cowboy, as crazy as it seemed. I remember those tears from my sister to this day. I believe without question in her account of events.
Psych
AG
I'm Glad I found this!
HossAg
AG
I liked that one Fahrenheit
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
January 2006. My sister (12 at the time), myself , and dad are feeding our stockshow animals at our barn, which is located on our ranch just about 2 miles from our house. It is dark outside and very cold. North Texas in January type of cold. My father, in 2002, found two cowboy graves located roughly 150 yards from our barn. The painted rocks and rusted horseshoe placed on each grave gave my dad confidence that he did in fact locate two graves that were most likely ranch hands of a prior ranch owner. Anyways, my dad and I are inside the barn while sister is going outside to get a flashlight from dad's truck parked just outside. All of a sudden, my dad and I hear a blood-curling scream come from outside the barn. Assuming something terrible has happened to my sister, my dad and I run to the entrance of the barn to check on sister. We meet her as she is running back inside the barn with tears rolling down her face. She will not talk about it to this day, but what she told dad and I that night of what she saw chilled us down to the bone. While walking around to the driver side door of dad's pickup, my sister saw a man in a cowboy hat on top of a horse that was in a full gallop towards the pickup truck. Yes, a full f***ing gallop. According to her, this cowboy was riding jockey-style leaning forward for a good 5 seconds. The cowboy simply vanished before making it to the barn and truck. My dad immediately grabbed a rifle and began searching for a cowboy, as crazy as it seemed. I remember those tears from my sister to this day. I believe without question in her account of events.

Highwayman
CharlieBrown17
AG
Along the coach roads I did ride
Talon2DSO
AG
The common theme in this entire thread is the fatigue levels of the witness to the ghost encounter. I've yet to read one that says, "I was wide awake and alert". Perhaps the mind has a tendency to create things when it is incredibly tired.
The Fall Guy
AG
Read the first post I did to start this thread 8 years ago.

I was wide awake. Not drunk and not on drugs.

I still stand by to this day what I saw.

Plus the 2 or 3 others I wrote in this thread of the strange happenings in my Mom's house after my Dad passed away in the house. My wife , son, and Aunt have all had experiences with voices and sounds in the house.

My son is not thrilled we are spending the night at Thanksgiving in the house.
Talon2DSO
AG
Nu-huh
Predmid
AG
My "I'm not sure what it was, because ghosts aren't real" story:

I was the scenic designer for a show over the summer here in Midland. We were putting on a production of "into the woods" at the old trinity pres church that is now the Genesis Center (women shelter and rehabilitation facility).

I was converting the old chapel into a stage, building flats and set pieces and what not. I did this for most of a month after work. It was getting to be crunch time as tech week loomed, so I spent a few long nights alone in the chapel finishing out the set. I'm a night owl by nature, so I am usually most alert between 7-11 pm.

99% of the time, it was peaceful and I had no problems. I had one of only a handful of keys and the facility was closed spare me and a few administrators that left at 8. It was locked down tight.

One night, I was busy plugging away at a set piece when I can hear though my ear plugs my pile of discarded wood rattling around. I take out my ear plugs and hear it again. I figure the boards are just slipping due to the vibrations of the tools and what not reverberating through the floor.

About 5 minutes later, it happens again. I stop what I was doing and go re-arrange the pile, making sure all the pieces are on the ground and separated. "Hrm. Odd. Oh well, Vibrations do weird things", I thought to myself. "This will stop it"

I go back to work, put in my ear plugs and start sawing away. Right as I shut off my saw, it happens again. I heard the rattling from across the church. I go to the pile to investigate. Right as I get to the pile, I hear what sounded like a faint whisper and then instant darkness. There was no one at the light board to change the lights, there was still power in the facility my power strip light was still on at the alter.

As my eyes adjust to the darkness the lights turn back on, but only on the alter. The pews and everything else was still in darkness. My brain/I shout "DONE", run to the light board, shut everything down and I high tail it back to my car.

Went back the next day/the rest of the build and nothing weird.
HossAg
AG
Daaaaang
BillYeoman
The courthouse in Vicksburg, MS. Upstairs in the room where they have "period" clothing. I was in another room and both my wife and son ran out of the room and down the stairs cuz they said someone yelled at them...this was at 2pm.
Amazing Moves
quote:
Daaaaang
Young people fall for everything. BTW, your sock name is much better.
Amazing Moves
quote:
The courthouse in Vicksburg, MS. Upstairs in the room where they have "period" clothing. I was in another room and both my wife and son ran out of the room and down the stairs cuz they said someone yelled at them...this was at 2pm.
Sounds pretty legit.
BillYeoman
quote:
quote:
Sounds pretty legit.

I was more shocked about the multiple copies of "Little Black Sambo" they had in the gift shop...that courthouse truly is/was a symbol of defiance.

I would recommend a visit however...
HossAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Daaaaang
Young people fall for everything. BTW, your sock name is much better.

Not saying I believe it, just interesting. And I know, but I'm too lazy to make the switch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.