Track and Field 2020-2021

120,618 Views | 1155 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I want her to only run the 400, if she can beat Kaelin Roberts and Bailey Lear of USC that's less points for them! we're going to be fighting them for the title!
TRM
AG
I wouldn't say crazy, but it's more difficult since the move to the 2 day/gender schedule.

One scenario:
Let's say she runs 800&4x4, then we get 20 points.

Second scenario:
Let's say we can run a quartet without Mu that finishes 4th in the 4x4 - 5 pts.
800M - 10pts
1500M -???
Can she place 3rd or better? Then we'd be up at least 1 point over scenario 1. Also, without Mu I think we can finish 3rd, maybe 2nd depending on the health of the ladies.
rje394
AG
NCAA's are on a four day schedule now. Men and women also competing on different days
Bondag
AG
TRM
AG
I know it's 4 days because 2 times 2 is 4. I said it's 2 days per gender - one day of qualifying and one day of finals.

The old schedule was still 4 days but 2 days of qualifying and 2 days of finals with both genders competing all 4 days. They would run 800 qualifying on Wed and 1500 qualifying on Thursdays with their respective finals on Friday and Saturday.
taylorswift13
AG
Sodadude
AG
taylorswift13 - I know you are a dedicated Aggie track fan, but following "Sports in Kansas" twitter to get news on an Aggie signee is next level dedication. Bravo!
taylorswift13
AG
Sodadude said:

taylorswift13 - I know you are a dedicated Aggie track fan, but following "Sports in Kansas" twitter to get news on an Aggie signee is next level dedication. Bravo!
Haha thanks, just trying to follow EVERYTHING track and field!
taylorswift13
AG
Rachel Glenn of South Carolina jumped 6'3.25 in the high jump and Jasmine Moore heard me talking about her and decided to go 46'10 in the triple jump! Kissy Gear also went 4:09 in the 1500
taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Had not realized Danyel White had eligibility left and is competing at Oregon! Was the anchor on their relay that went 42.97 and went 11.36 this outdoor season!
taylorswift13
AG
Crazy story that Deborah Acquah shared just now on TexAgs radio. She only really jumped casually and not until her high school level and trained like once a year! She also mentioned that she almost enlisted in the military over there and if it hadn't got delayed she would have never had the opportunity to come to America to compete in track! She also fractured her back in 2016-2017! Based on this I can only imagine she's just scratching the surface of her potential! She is eyeing the Ghana trials and has been training specifically for the Olympics! I expect great things from her! She's ranked globally right now 8th in the long jump and 13th in the triple with her outdoor mark and would be 6th with her indoor mark!
triniaggie
AG
How come they didn't share the video interview with Coach Henry and Acquah this week like other weeks?
taylorswift13
AG
that's a shame I'll ask on the thread and see if they have it!
triniaggie
AG
Based on some of Coach Henry quotes, some athletes might not run this weekend. This will mean some of them would only have the SEC championship to qualify for regionals. It's a risk because things may not go as plan because of maybe a slow race, a spill, a disqualification, an injury etc. Dixon and Clay are yet to make regionals in the 800m. Some of our male sprinters Jace Comick, Ryan Martin etc does have a qualifying times yet. Annie Fuller and the distance crew and steeplechaser's are also outside the qualifying times. Lajarvia Brown and Ciynamon Stevenson don't have qualifying marks in the long jump but do have in the triple jump. We will see how this unfolds this week with potential threat of rain this weekend again.

Quote:

"Canceling that meet doesn't help us. This weekend, it's the meet before the SEC Championships. We're being selective this weekend on who we run. With an individual like Deborah Acquah, she might do one of the triple or long jump events, but likely not both. Above 400m and even with the 400m runners, it's difficult to run really well this weekend and to run really well next weekend, so we'll be selective with that this weekend."

Quote:

"We will run a men's 4x100m, and we need to get the stick around and work on exchanges. We have one lady who is a little suspect on 4x100s, so we won't run there. We won't run our 4x400m relays. We have some people who are stepping down from a 5K to a mile. It's a selective weekend. There will be some collegians and some professional athletes here as well. There will be a lot of talent here, and it's a weekend that many people need. It's always an important weekend."

oklaunion
The facilities she worked out in when she attended JC before A&M probably weren't a lot better than in Ghana.
taylorswift13
AG
Kennedy Smith has torn her ACL and gone through a successful surgery! Prayers for her
fitzwatema
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Kennedy Smith has torn her ACL and gone through a successful surgery! Prayers for her
Sorry to hear about that. Prayers for a complete and speedy recovery.
taylorswift13
AG
Shamier Little runs a World Lead 53.65 in the 400 hurdles! After an upset missing the 2016 Olympics she has been on a mission this Olympic year!
taylorswift13
AG
Aggie Fred Kerley takes down 100 meter olympians Andre De Grasse and Justin Gaitlin in the 100! Sub 43 coming soon!
Pahdz
Really impressed by his 100 times this year.

USA sprints are weird right now, Lyles is not in form at all (yet), Brommell is either awesome or meh, and Coleman is on suspension. Kerley could probably take his pick of where he wants to qualify at for the Olympics.
taylorswift13
AG

Between Brazier, Kerley, Little, Malone, and Mu... we're gonna have a SQUAD at the Olympics! And that's only the US team
TRM
AG
I wonder if Sammy Watson can get back in form? Lots of good 800M runners Wilson, Rogers, Mu, Green, Grace, Edwards, Lipsey(?), etc. Seems like she boxed out of the 800 spots now and in 3 years. Maybe a move to the 1500 could/should be in her future?
taylorswift13
AG
It's hard to see that she's nowhere near her college times... this season she went 2:03 in a February meet, 2:06.91, and a 2:05 last week! Her future was really really promising but she just hasn't been able to break through and and drop a crazy impressive time! Crazy how her 2:01 would win NCAA's and this year there's already 9 girls who have already gone sub 2:02! I hope she can really pick it up soon! But I think the spots come down to Wilson, Mu, Rogers, and Green!
triniaggie
AG
Katelyn Fairchild has thrown 175'4" (53.44) in the javelin

triniaggie
AG
Maggie has gone further

taylorswift13
AG
Wow, I really believe we signed a phenomenal class on the women's side with Fairchild, Kennedy Wade, Bailey Goggans, and Heather Abadie... lots of point getters there!
triniaggie
AG
Seems like it is official that Petros is gone at Georgia

"Kyprianou's contract, which pays him $430,000 annually, was expiring on June 30. He told the Athens Banner-Herald in April he turned down a multi-year extension offered by then athletic director Greg McGarity last year and instead took a one-year extension. He said then he didn't know where he would coach after this season"

https://amp.onlineathens.com/amp/7261838002

Wish I could see the transfer portal right now
taylorswift13
AG
As poster Look Out Below mentioned in another thread, Aggies have signed one of the top short sprinters in the country in Tomball Concordia Litheran's Teajha Bedal. She has personal bests of 11.35 (100), 23.69 (200), 55.24 (400). Such an incredible sprinter, who will be a threat to absolutely score at conference for us and hopefully soon nationals! She will also add strength to our relay!!
taylorswift13
AG
Fred Kerley to make his 400 debut this season against Michael Norman in Doha soon!
Look Out Below
AG
taylorswift13
AG
YES! One of the nations top sprinters with times of 10.23 in the 100 and 21.52 in the 200! He won the 5A state meet in the 100! Love our recruiting class! I'm sure there's still lots of recruiting news to come!
triniaggie
AG

taylorswift13
AG
A 24'2 long jumper! Awesome commit! Has always been a football player first, would love to see him blossom jumping all year round!
bebhillah
I see that Annie Kunz is leading the Heptathlon at the Goetzis multis after day one - very impressive. She has real shot at the Olympic team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.