Track and Field 2020-2021

120,634 Views | 1155 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

taylorswift13
AG
Was watching the Hayward Premiere meet which is Oregon's outdoor track stadium debut and in the women's 1500 Arkansas and BYU had their top girls in it and BYU went 1-2-3-4 to Arkansas 5-6-7, I know we were bummed out about how well they did in distance events indoors but now that every distance girl is back from cross country and running outdoors... Arkansas will be losing many many many points whereas we keep all of ours
taylorswift13
AG
taylorswift13
AG
Women move up to number 5, and the men drop to 7... hopefully we can bounce back next week!
box65
AG
But, of course, you of all people know that rankings mean very little this early in the year
taylorswift13
AG
box65 said:

But, of course, you of all people know that rankings mean very little this early in the year
yeah they're pretty meaningless! The only thing that matters is which individuals can get a bid to the National Prelims, but it is sweet to see Arkansas losing all their points in the distance events! LSU will join the competition but I think if Tyra, Mu, Charokee Young, and Distin, another jumper and a 400 runner do their thing we get all the points we need! I just want to keep up on the men's side, Oregon, BYU, LSU and us would make a great competition! I just hope more sprinters can come through for us, the javelin guys step up, Dixon bounces back from the slow start, and James Smith is healthy!
box65
AG
Completely agree!
taylorswift13
AG
Here is a cool story on one of our 400 sprinters Austin Warren who is currently earning his masters at the Texas A&M Vet School! Always awesome to see stories like this on our athletes
Sports-Ag
AG
Has anyone seen Oregon's newly renovated track stadium? Oh my goodness it's a masterpiece. It's hard to believe this is a college track stadium. I could definitely see them getting more recruits. Take a look at the video in the YouTube link of the stadium and the other link is the track stadium page.

https://hayward.uoregon.edu/
Pahdz
Keep in mind that the new Hayward wasn't built with college recruiting in mind, it was built to host the world championships ( originally scheduled for this summer ). This is actually pretty big for the sport in the US as a whole. Still doesn't change the fact that Eugene is nowhere near the London/Berlin's of the world in terms of infrastructure for global events but still huge to host domestically.
wangus12
AG
taylorswift13 said:

Here is a cool story on one of our 400 sprinters Austin Warren who is currently earning his masters at the Texas A&M Vet School! Always awesome to see stories like this on our athletes

Dr. Blue is awesome. Had her for several classes during undergrad
taylorswift13
AG
That stadium is world class and will host excellent competitions! From a recruiting stand point it does help but Oregon will always load on distance runners and have excellent recruiting their! Their women's team have been really poor compared to where they were a few years ago! I think our outdoor track is just as amazing we've just yet been able to showcase it until this very weekend! A beautiful track but too bad Eugene has such crappy weather lol
triniaggie
AG

The first track and field outdoor form chart is out and it shows the Aggie women projected to finish 4th at NCAA outdoor championship with 55 points

TOP 10 TEAMS
1. USC 71
2. LSU 69
3. Arkansas 56
4. Texas A&M 55
5. Texas 38
6. Georgia 36
7. Alabama 30
8. Oregon 26
=9. Auburn 21
=9. Iowa 21

Tyra is projected to win the Heptathlon and High Jump and 6th in the long jump for 23 points.
The other scorers are
Mu - 1st in 800m - 10 points
Acquah - 8th in Long jump - 1 point
Acquah - 2nd in Triple jump - 8 points
Young - 3rd in 400m - 6 points
Distin - 6th in High Jump - 3 points
4x400m - 5th - 4 points

No points expected for the Aggies in the sprint and hurdles and 4x100 relay.
Let's see if anyone can step up in the sprint and hurdles. We need some diversity in our potential scoring because if Tyra or someone is having a bad day we can have other athletes step up

USC and LSU expected to dominate with the strong sprint and hurdle groups. They both have a lot of depth in these areas
taylorswift13
AG
That 4x400 ranking is bizarre! We should be ahead of USC and Arkansas there, I believe we can do better than a 4 points in the long jump as well! LSU does have a strong hurdler group but those standings will scatter and deviate to the mean as the season progresses! We need Charokee Young and Syaira Richardson to score in the 400 and take some points from USC! I also believe we can get some more points in the triple, if Stevenson or Lajarvia can fix their foul troubles I think they can both be in the 44's! It's nice to see there's more of a competition besides only us and Arkansas. Hopefully those schools will beat each other up in the sprints and we can stay ahead! Thanks for sharing!
taylorswift13
AG
And I think Tyra will be pushed more by Hall in the hep! Hall threw the javelin 148 or 45.12 meters which is great for a multi and has a 200 pb of 24.37. Tyra really needs to separate from her in the 100 hurdles, and with how Tyra ran the hurdles indoor I think she's capable of going 13.25 or lower
triniaggie
AG
The first outdoor men's form chart projects the Aggie men to finish 4th with 44 points

TOP 10 TEAMS
1. LSU 80
2. Oregon 66
3. Georgia 45
4. Texas A&M 44
5. Texas 42
6. BYU 38
=7. Florida 37
=7. USC 37
9. North Carolina A&T 27
10. Iowa State 24

Potential scorers fo ror the Aggie men are
Achane 7th in 200m - 2 points
Deadmon 1st in the 400m - 10 points
Dixon 1st in the 800m - 10 points
Orange 8th in 800m - 1 point
James Smith 4th in 400m hurdles - 5 points
Mpoke 5th in the 400m hurdles - 4 points
4x100m 3rd - 6 points
4x400m 3rd - 6 points

LSU is way ahead with their sprint, hurdles and jumps groups
Look Out Below
AG
Totally agree on the 4x400. That is comical. We've won the last two NCAA titles in this (easily). This outdoor group has the ability to be way better timewise than either of those two that already won. We have three potential 50-point splits out of four. The better question is will we get pushed and/or break the collegiate record.
triniaggie
AG

It would have been nice to get some points from Bryce Foster this year but we'll have to wait another year.
Discus 210'10" (No 1 in the nation and no 3 all time in Texas and shot put 65'3"

taylorswift13
AG
He is definitely going to help us outdoors next year! He is the strongest lineman in the nation in high school by far and will have no trouble adjusting to the college weight! Going to be huge for us!
ksmith3764
I have yet to find any results on Bailey Goggans. She was running in dec and Jan but nothing from high school. Anyone have a scoop
taylorswift13
AG
ksmith3764 said:

I have yet to find any results on Bailey Goggans. She was running in dec and Jan but nothing from high school. Anyone have a scoop
yeah I checked a couple days ago to see how our recruits were doing and with Marble Falls already running their district meets I guess she's not running UIL this outdoor season, which is a bummer because I think she could've gone 2:03! Hopefully she'll do national meets outdoors like new balance, Nike, or AAU! Mu didn't run one year in high school with her team and I suppose Goggans is doing the same and just training through!
Look Out Below
AG
One of her Instagram posts from January said she set a U20 world record in the 4x8 and broke her foot on the same weekend. That's probably your answer.
taylorswift13
AG
Oh yeah I remember seeing that, I thought it was hyperbole after running a fast race, but I guess I was wrong unfortunately! I hope she can recover in time for summer, depending on what part of the foot! Hopefully she's good to go to begin training and can be able to score for us next year! Her, Heather Abadie the pole vaulter, and Katelyn Fairchild could provide scoring opportunities for us next year on the women's side! I'm excited for Abadie who's vaulted 13'9!
triniaggie
AG
NCAA Outdoor Track West Regional Meet at College Station Texas is May 27-29 2021
The schedule is out

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ncaaorg/championships/sports/crosstrack/d1/outdoortf/2020-21DITFXTO_Schedule%20of%20Events_CollegeStation.pdf

The women's long jump, high jump and triple jump are on different day
taylorswift13
AG
triniaggie said:

NCAA Outdoor Track West Regional Meet at College Station Texas is May 27-29 2021
The schedule is out

https://s3.amazonaws.com/ncaaorg/championships/sports/crosstrack/d1/outdoortf/2020-21DITFXTO_Schedule%20of%20Events_CollegeStation.pdf

The women's long jump, high jump and triple jump are on different day
all those different jumps can be huge for us! Lamara and Tyra will be rested and have great days! Could be huge we need an many to the national meet as we can!
taylorswift13
AG
Former Aggie Track favorite Shamier Little runs a blistering 49.91 to join the sub 50 club!
Pahdz
Dude she is on fire lately. Is this a permanent switch to the 400 open for her? After what Muhammed and McLaughlin have been doing, and the sudden lack of US depth in the open, it's a smart move
taylorswift13
AG
That makes total sense! I don't know for a certain but there's less margin or error in making top 3 in the open 400 than the hurdles! McLaughlin and Muhammad are going to be the two greatest in the 400 hurdles! Shamier I believe can go mid 49 and place top 3 at the trials to qualify for the 400, or at worse be a part of the 1600 relay pool so she can be Olympian which she totally deserves!
taylorswift13
AG
Here's is a unique and cool video where Athing Mu reacts to her indoor records that she broke. She discusses how she actually thought she was going to go faster in the 800 and how disappointed she was losing the open 400 at nationals! Really cool insight!
taylorswift13
AG
Here's a cool excerpt from a KBTX interview on Tyra Gittens!

Even after setting personal best times in the 100m hurdles (13.14) and 200m (23.33), Gittens said she's not satisfied and left a lot of points on the table. She leads the nation this year in the heptathlon, but in her mind, she's chasing something bigger.
"In my room, I have a poster that says 'The Ultimate Heptathlete,' and the score is 6816. I've actually, other than the javelin, shot, and the 800, I have surpassed all of those scores that I need to hit 6800, and so that's what I'm looking for," Gittens explained.
That goal would land the Trinidad and Tobago native among the best in the world to ever compete in the heptathlon. And with the Olympics coming up this summer, Gittens likes her chances of going to Tokyo.
"(It's) very realistic. Almost too realistic. I have all the confidence that my next hep will be a very good hep. I'm not really worried about getting the standard. I know once I stay healthy I'll get it and more so."
taylorswift13
AG
What we already assumed, has now became official! Infinite Tucker has entered the portal and will compete next season I assume at a different school. Not bothered we got James Smith and Moitalel Mpoke who will run faster times!
mullokmotx
AG
Loved how Athing Mu wanted to demolish people in the relay after not winning the 400. Talk about a killer instinct.
taylorswift13
AG
mullokmotx said:

Loved how Athing Mu wanted to demolish people in the relay after not winning the 400. Talk about a killer instinct.
she has the heart, attitude, and determination of a champion! Love how she was not even satisfied with any of her times! Outdoors is going to really special! I could see her running the 800 this week with Aaliyah Miller of Baylor so they both can run fast but we will see! I still think it's best if she runs in the 400 at nationals to take points away from USC and Arkansas! I hope she gets to openly run both and gets a shot at both records!
Look Out Below
AG
I think a 1:59 is a fairly safe bet if she runs her race.
triniaggie
AG
Andre Turay enters the transfer portal. It seems he was not happy here and also indicated that he wants to go somewhere where he is respected as a person and athlete. I don't know what would have cause this language

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.