Track and Field 2020-2021

120,632 Views | 1155 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tyra Gittens is currently sitting at 4031 points which could set up for a huge final performance! I know the 800 isn't her strong event but with a 2:33.6 she breaks the facility record held by Kendall Williams and with a 2:31.5 she is looking to break the collegiate record from Williams of 4703! Grab some popcorn and a drink cause we might witness our Tyra Gittens break some history!
Z3phyr
The next couple girls under Arky have some faster PRs in the 800 as well, don't know if it's enough to drop out of top 8 though. As for Tyra to get 10 points, knock on wood but looks like she just needs to run 4 laps
Scar Tissue
AG
When do they run the 800?
SachseAg
AG
Good Tyra is pretty damn good!!!
taylorswift13
AG
Every multi event whether the pentathlon/heptathlon for women or heptathlon/decathlon for men always ends in a distance race so for the girls it's the 800 and the guys it's the 1000! Can really make or break some multi eventers as it has hurt Tyra in the past. But Trya said screw the 800 you guys can't compete with me anywhere else lol
triniaggie
AG
We need to capitalize on Tyra performances as a multi athlete and attract some good multi athlete recruits.
We had Lindon Victor here breaking records and we haven't been able to get some good recruits since then.
taylorswift13
AG
Undoubtedly! Hopefully Tyra's performance and her amazing personality can attract many other multi athletes! She's always spoke highly of Coach Brady and he's done well with the jumps so hopefully we can start landing big time recruits!
mullokmotx
AG
I think I have this right. If Marsh runs 2:10 that is 965 points, and Gittens runs 2:30 for 693 points the Gittens wins by 272 points. She needs to run 2:31.6 to break the Collegiate Record.
mullokmotx
AG
Sorry for duplicating the times Gitten's needs. I was working through the calculator on the USATF website while others were already posting.
mullokmotx
AG
Race was scheduled for 5:15 but it is on now.
Aggie02
AG
800 running now. 15 minutes early
Aggie02
AG
1:12 for the first 400
taylorswift13
AG
2:28 SHE BREAKS THE RECORS
Aggie02
AG
2:28 personnel best
taylorswift13
AG
Who put some onion in my office, I'm crying along with her
Aggie02
AG
4746 total score. Simply Amazing.
taylorswift13
AG
TYRA GITTENS. DOMINANCE. GIG'EM.
triniaggie
AG
Just WOW WOW WOW.
Crazy she has another year again of both indoor and outdoor
fitzwatema
AG
Thanks to all of you who updated this thread while the pentathlon was going on.

Congratulations to Tyra, what a fantastic competition she had today!
mullokmotx
AG
What a great interview she gave. Also great to see how the other competitors congratulated her.
mullokmotx
AG
Arkansas scored 1 point in the pentathlon.
triniaggie
AG
Imagine Tyra is listed to compete in the Heptathlon at the Texas Relays in two weeks

https://texassports.com/documents/2021/3/10/TxR2021_Women_Hep_entries.pdf

taylorswift13
AG
mullokmotx said:

Arkansas scored 1 point in the pentathlon.
this is not good, this competition will come down to every point, but hopefully we can make it up elsewhere! Arkansas top 200 runner got a bad lane draw and they're splitting their distance crew into the DMR so they may not be as fresh for their prelims or finals! But it's going to be a dog fight!
taylorswift13
AG
I wonder if she'll have the legs and mental state to do it coming off a historic record setting performance at indoors! Also surprised there will be less competition but she'll be pushed by Zamzow once again like the 2019 outdoor finals!
aggiedrjdub
AG
New to the T&F forum, but why doesn't each sport have their own header/hyperlink?

Anyway - congrats to Tyra - what is the breakdown and what races do we need to win to have a shot at the natty?
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
taylorswift13
AG
Welcome to the board, and I suppose track isn't that popular to follow compared to other sports but it has been gaining momentum and popularity recently thanks to athletes like Mu, Gittens, and our relays! The championship should come down to us and Arkansas! Arkansas is loaded with distance runners, and has double the entires we do! What helps us is the quality of our girls as we have 3 number one marks, and 8 top 5 marks! The 400 is an important race because we have two girls in it who should be in the top 3 and Arkansas has 4 girls in it floating around 7-10 so we just have to hope Arkansas send less athletes to the finals! We do have multiple athletes in the long jump and high jump so hopefully we can get points from there! The meet may come down to the 4x400 where we have the record and should be favored! The 400, 4x400, Long Jump, and Arkansas' girls in the mile and 3000 will be key to follow! On page 11 there's a google doc I posted of athletes from each school and they're ranking coming into the meet!
aggiedrjdub
AG
Oh wow thank you for responding. I'll take a look at page 11! Thanks for all the info Gig'em!
Gig'em Aggies! c/o '98 W H O O P!
Z3phyr
Also worth noting that Arkansas distance women are looking to run at the NCAA XC Nationals (meet which is on Monday this year for some dumb reason) along with lots of the top runners. This should lead to more sit and kick races than are typical of the girls races, especially out of Arkansas who are heavy favorites to win there.
taylorswift13
AG
Exactly! The distance times will be slow and the race very methodical! And with that extremely unpredictable! Most of the athletes will be running both indoor and xc, but the ones who aren't will have the better kick as they've been speed training as well! I know Katie Izzo is a monster but this season she hasn't looked strong partly cause she's been training for the 10k, good thing Joyce Kimelli of Auburn isn't doing cross so she might be able to upset Izzo once again. The mile scares me though because Arkansas has Gear in it, and 3 girls in one heat so they should advance at least 2 to the final! The distance races are going to be so fun and intriguing to follow! You seemed more knowledgeable in the distance events so I can't wait for your input tomorrow!
brewcrewag
GigEm Tyra!!
coloradoag69
AG
On a day when relatively little else (save men's tennis hammering BU) was happening, Tyra Gitten's NCAA pentathlon record should make all of us proud of this young lady's performance and Coach Henry's team.

Here's a link to her performance in the 60m hurdles, the high jump, and the long jump: https://12thman.com/index.aspx . It's the front page of the website. Scroll down to the "Pictures" and wait until you see Tyra standing on the high jump pit. Click the arrow to see the brief video. Unfortunately, there were no announcers for the broadcast, so you have to listen hard to the stadium announcer in the background.

You can go to the link below on ESPN3 to see the whole meet yesterday. To see Tyra's 800m run plus her great interview afterwards conducted by a man who actually seems to understand track and field, grab the "time bar" at the bottom of the video, once you've gotten in, and advance it to the 5:40:00 mark to see the 800m and the 5:47:00 mark for the interview: https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/465b96ea-79e9-40bc-ad80-00625df4dd2e .

I'm sorry I can't get a compressed video for you. I'm not capable of doing that.

I was disappointed that the 12th man website didn't have anything on her exceptional performance until this morning. On a day with virtually nothing else going on, their inability or reluctance to make a better presentation of a truly landmark performance is discouraging
taylorswift13
AG
At 2 the men's side kicks off with Darius Clark in the long jump, he's ranked 9th with a 25'9.75! I express another huge PR to get some points for our men's team! Tyra competes again at 4:30 in the high jump! Bryce Deadmon and Allon Clay will also compete in the men's prelims starting soon as well, with the women running events starting at 7!
Friend of RCII
AG
I have the ESPN app, but can't get the NCAA track meet on ESPN 3 to come up for me. Want to see Friday prelims! Any ideas of hints?
taylorswift13
AG
The app takes time to load, it's best to close the app and open it again and see! It's under NCAA National Championships Day 2
Aggie02
AG
Bryce Deadmon makes the 400 finals as the #2 qualifier.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.