Track and Field 2020-2021

120,622 Views | 1155 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
mullokmotx said:

If Mu anchors the relay it will be after an hours rest.
I believe she'll still have the strength to drop a 50! Especially since 800's tend to be tactical and slower at nationals! Arkansas 800 runner is also on their fastest relay, and most of USC's relay will run the 400 and 200! I think all 4 of our girls will have other races, Jania Martin and Syaiara Richardson might not make the finals at nationals although they certainly can, but I still think that's our event to lose! With that being the last race and triple jump the last event we need our girls and Acquah to have their best day!
Z3phyr
mullokmotx said:

So you are saying she's just racing to win and not trying to split 49.x?
taylorswift13
AG
In a fast race, Immanuela Aliu places 8th in the 60 meter dash with a time of 7.49! Up next is Tierra Robinson-Jones in the 400
taylorswift13
AG
Z3phyr said:

mullokmotx said:

So you are saying she's just racing to win and not trying to split 49.x?
Put her second leg so she can go 48.9
taylorswift13
AG
Tierra Robinson-Jones runs a strong strong 400 time of 52.78 a season best for her and places 8th! Hopefully this race helps her out before she goes outdoor as she started the season very slowly!
taylorswift13
AG
Athing Mu 1:58.39 that is all
mullokmotx
AG
I'm not sure how used to doubling she is, but after that performance if her teammates can just get her the baton 3 seconds behind we may win.
taylorswift13
AG
Maybe we don't need the fourth girl with Richardson and Young out, Mu can run the third and fourth legs
taylorswift13
AG
Jania Martin in 6th place with a time of 23.27!
mullokmotx
AG
Has the SEC run basically 2 separate meets for men and women before? is the NCAA format the same?
taylorswift13
AG
I'm fairly young so I'm not sure how long they've been doing this format but I know it's been like that for a while at nationals, not the SEC's though! I think they just struggled with having 14 men's and women's teams at the stadium at once and wanted to stagger the meet and extend it an extra day!
TRM
AG
First time like this indoors at SECs. Of course, at outdoor nationals, you have men on days 1 and 3 and women on days 2 and 4 for about 4 or 5 years. Otherwise, it's been mixed up together.
ksmith3764
Probably been discussed already but what are chances that Athing goes pro after this year. Brazier didn't like going to school. Hopefully she is degree oriented and stays at least three. Once in a lifetime runner probably
taylorswift13
AG
ksmith3764 said:

Probably been discussed already but what are chances that Athing goes pro after this year. Brazier didn't like going to school. Hopefully she is degree oriented and stays at least three. Once in a lifetime runner probably
She has mentioned she loves being a student and loves the collegiate process, as well as her teammates and being her in College Station! I just have a feeling that will change once her brand grows exponentially if she were to make the Olympic team! My money is on one year, but I'll be ecstatic with more! We just have to appreciate everything she does now! And be thankful for her and the fact that for the rest of her life she'll be an Aggie spreading our track brand like Brazier, Fred Kerley, Jessica Beard, Shamier Little, Sammy Watson, and many others!
mullokmotx
AG
NCAA Outdoors has been on separate days for men and women for about 5 years. Looked at the Arkansas website and it shows nationals on 3 days. Last time they were here it was a Friday-Saturday meet.
taylorswift13
AG
After Tyra breaks the indoor pentathlon record... the bowerman committee is gonna have a hard time on which Aggie to give it to
taylorswift13
AG
Our girls aren't running the 4x400
mullokmotx
AG
Wonder if Pat Henry is sending a message that if you won't let me run a team then we won't!
taylorswift13
AG
mullokmotx said:

Wonder if Pat Henry is sending a message that if you won't let me run a team then we won't!
I bet he is pissed! Let the media and talking heads over hype Arkansas! He'll have our girls ready to win a national championship!
Look Out Below
AG
It's new this year because of Covid. Supposed to reduce the amount of people in the building.
Look Out Below
AG
I love Tyra as much as anyone but the Bowerman is Athing's to lose.
taylorswift13
AG
With the conclusion of the indoor regular season today here's a little update on who's in position to qualify for nationals and who's on the border of it. The top 16 individual event marks who have declared to run that event will qualify and the the top 12 relays. Not everyone ranked top 16 will go compete in the event they qualify in as they may focus on other events or some may just be focused on the cross country national championship's which are a few days after indoor nationals due to covid.

Women's
200 - Jania Martin (12th), Laila Owens (18th)
400 - Athing Mu (1st), Charokee Young (5th), Syaira Richardson (17th)
800 - Athing Mu (1st)
4x400 - Martin, Richardson, Young, and Mu (1st)
High Jump - Tyra Gittens (1st), Lamara Distin (7th)
Long Jump - Deborah Acquah (4th), Tyra Gittens (5th)
Triple Jump - Deborah Achquah (4th)
Pentathlon - Tyra Gittens (1st)

Men's
400 - Bryce Deadmon (3rd)
800 - Allon Clay (14th), Brandon Miller (18th)
4x400 - Jake Lanier, James Smith, Moitalel Mpoke, Deadmon (8th)
Long Jump - Darius Clark (9th)
taylorswift13
AG
In a hypothetical National indoor track meet based on standings and individuals focusing in on their certain events like Mu not in the 400 or the Arkansas girls only having their distance girls in two events, we are favored 64-57. Obviously there are many variables and outcomes can change just like that but either way this showdown will be an amazing and classic to watch, let's hope all our girls are healthy and good to go!! The scoring is as followed.
    • Arkansas - 4
    • Arkansas - 1
    • Tamu - 9
    • Arkansas - 3
    • Tamu - 10
    • Arkansas - 1
  • Mile
    • Arkansas - 5
    • Arkansas - 11
    • Arkansas - 14
  • 4x400
    • Tamu - 10
    • Arkansas - 6
  • DMR
    • Arkansas - 10
  • High jump
    • Tamu - 11
  • Pole vault
    • Arkansas - 2
  • Long jump
    • Tamu - 9
  • Triple jump
    • Tamu - 5
  • Pentathlon
    • Tamu 10
triniaggie
AG
I am disappointed the way the indoor season ended for Connor Schulman and Kaylah Robinson. They promised so much but the last few meets were not very good for them.
I think Zhane Smith could have qualified in both 60 and long jump if she was able to compete at SEcs.
Tierra Robinson-Jones did very well having been out for a month and just came back and ran in SEC and made the finals. Probably if she had another week again and she could made NCAA.
We haven't seen Lamara Distin in the triple jump and I believe if she had a chance to triple jump she could have qualified for NCAAs.
Also James and Mpoke not being able to compete and get a time in the 400m to qualify for SECs and possibly NCAAs

The key for outdoors is to stay health and away from contact tracing and make some fast times and mark early in the season so if you have to miss a meet or two, you would have qualified for NCAA regional at Texas A&M.

We have back on the women side Jaevin Reed, Amber Ivy, Ciynamon Stevenson, Lajarvia Brown, Summer Thorpe, Taryn Milton, Adriana Shockley.and the Javelin and discuss throwers

On the men's side Devin Dixon, Carlton Orange, Jace Comick, Dewitt Thomas, Matt Treason, William Petersson and the Javelin and discuss throwers

We have a lot to look forward to outdoors with Texas Relays in less than a month
taylorswift13
AG
I agree with all those concerns, Schulman had such great leg turnover in his first races and it seems to have disappeared the last couple of races, and Zhane missing out on conference hurt the most because I believe she has the potential to jump 21+ and the championship may come down to single digits. The triple jump is weak this year and if Lamara jumped a high 43 in high school I think she could've easily qualified there as well, hopefully she is healthy and can jump 6'1 or over to get us a 4th place!! I was so focused on getting Dixon and Orange back that I forgot about all those other girls, Shockley can help us, especially if she can improve to a 57!! And Ciynamon and Lajarvia give us potentially 4 girls who can triple jump over 43, and 4 girls who are over or near 21 in the long jump! our girls really have a chance to win indoors and outdoors this year!! and for the men we should be stacked and possibly move Dixon to a 400 so we won't have too many 800 runners lol!!
Guest Commenter
What is the word on 2020 recruit Burnett, Alicia? What is her status with the team/school ?
taylorswift13
AG
Guest Commenter said:

What is the word on 2020 recruit Burnett, Alicia? What is her status with the team/school ?
I was wondering the same thing since she is no longer on the roster and neither is freshman javelin thrower Angelica Street who I thought had great potential! I'm hoping it's an error by the staff but who knows
TRM
AG
I'm guessing things didn't work out and she needed a structured environment closer to home.
Guest Commenter
Burnet, Alicia would have been our fastest 100 m recruit(11.47) since Diamond Spaulding (11.53 HS). Excited to see what Coach Hon can do with our sprinters. Was hoping Burnet was here to benefit from a different philosophy. Jania, Rachel, Zhane, and Immanuela have done well and our hurdlers are doing well the last two years under his tutelage.

A&M had some great sprint talent in the last 4 years which they squandered. Here's to a great outdoor season for the lady sprinters.
taylorswift13
AG
Who would you have on your women's sprint relay? I think Immanuela Aliu, Rachel Hall, Laila Owens, Zhane Smith and other girls could put a strong relay. On the men's side Ryan Martin, Jace Comick, Lance Broome, Emmanuel Yeboah, and/or Devon Achane can finally give us points on a sprint relay nationally!! It'll be fun to put that with our mile relay and 400, 800 groups!
triniaggie
AG
Alicia Burnett is listed on the Southern Illinois College Roster
https://siusalukis.com/sports/mens-track-and-field/roster/alicia-burnett/5317
Guest Commenter
I honestly feel the best squad will be:
Zhane, Ivey, Jania, Aliu. I think Aliu has atrocious starts and doesn't push out enough; her head comes up to quick but she has the quickest turnover I've seen. It's something about the jumps training that helps get those fast twitch developing nicely. I think you can swap out Laila with the slowest of these when she gets well but I anticipate these will be the ones opening up in Arizona St and Texas Relays. I have Ivey on the straightaway as I think Jania runs a better curve and I think Ivey's turnover will be the fast leg on the Team. When Cushing opened Ivey outran Hall by over half a sec. Hall has improved but I reall think Ivey is an 11.3 low sprinter or better this year.
box65
AG
I thought Tucker transferred last semester?
triniaggie
AG
Remember Julia Madubuike has anchored the 4x100 relay several times so she might be in the running for a spot on the team. She has the range from 100m to 400m. She hasn't been doing well in her events in recent times but she gives us options.
At Texas relays we have 4x100, 4x200, 4x400, 4x800, sprint medley relay and the distance medley relay so we should have enough athletes to compete in most of the relays. I think we can break our own college record in the sprint medley relay with Mu on the achor and possible have a shot at the 3.23 4x400m relay college record
taylorswift13
AG
I can't wait to see that 4x800 relay from Carlton Orange, Allon Clay, Brandon Miller, and Devin Dixon holy hell! And even on the girls side, Athing Mu, Dominique Mustin, Jean Jenkins, and Brooke Barrington can put together a solid relay as well!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.