Track and Field 2020-2021

122,169 Views | 1155 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by taylorswift13
taylorswift13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anchorhold
Holy Guacamole
taylorswift13
AG
In case y'all didn't see, Shamier Little went 2:04 in an 800 race today! That girl has improved her speed, and her endurance exponentially!! She's going to go off this year!
taylorswift13
AG
Well I guess the team is working on speed, it's good we're the first offer to one of the fastest girls in the nation from the Houston area in Camryn Dickson who has a pb of 11.41 and 23.29. She also has a good relationship with Laila Owens and signee Kennedy Wade! Hopefully after a successful season, we can start recruiting some fast sprinters!
triniaggie
AG
That would be great if she would sign with the Aggies.
At the same time we have start performing better in the short sprint and hurdles to lure the top recruits in Texas. The last couple of years many have gone to USC, LSU, Arkansas etc.
We no doubt are doing great in the 400m, 400m hurdles and 800m.
taylorswift13
AG
Agreed! I'm hoping with Achane's success, and possibly Broome's, their impact and popularity in the Houston area might help! Bryce Foster is another athlete like Achane who's popularity in football and social media can be huge for growing our image! Athing Mu's success and improvement in the 800/400 should attract the elite of the elite recruits! Hopefully our athletes can show out on the Olympic and national championship stage to assist our recruiting efforts! The Texas State Meet will have lots of talent this year and it's going to be a fun meet to attend, might have to wear some Aggie track gear to influence some athletes lol
triniaggie
AG

Updated Form Chart has the Aggie women finishing second 2 points behind USC with LSU and Texas lurking behind in 3rd and 4th

TOP 10 TEAMS
School Score Previous Place
1. USC 62 (-9) 1
2. Texas A&M 60 (+5) 4
3. LSU 55 (-14) 2
4. Texas 51 (+13) 5
5. Arkansas 49 (-7) 3
6. Alabama 47 (+17) 7
7. Georgia 45 (+9) 6
8. Florida State 30 (+10) 11
9. Iowa 22 (+1) =9
10. Arizona 21 (+5) =15

Scorers for the Aggies are

Tyra is projected to win the Heptathlon and High Jump and 7th in the long jump for 22 points.
The other scorers are
Mu - 1st in 800m - 10 points
Acquah - 3rd in Long jump - 6 point
Acquah - 2nd in Triple jump - 8 points
Young - 3rd in 400m - 6 points
Distin - 6th in High Jump - 3 points
4x400m - 4th - 5 points

No points expected for the Aggies in the sprint and hurdles and 4x100 relay.
I think the 4x400m relay is better than 4th place
Dominique Mustin might surprise us and give us a couple of points.
A fit Syaira Richardson can also score a couple of points
taylorswift13
AG
Wow glad w win proved but I'm shocked at the 4x400 result, we have a healthy Tierra Robinson Jones and Mu who will chase down anyone in the anchor leg, USC will be much stronger there with some 5th year seniors! I also think Mustin will score in the hurdles and hopefully a 4x100 can crank out some points for us! To knock off some USC points Mu might have to run the 400 so we knock down their scoring from Lear and Roberts! Would hope to see some quality points from Distin! I feel she has the potential to go 6'1 and over and at the A&M had no misses prior to 6'2! The misses there will be key! Now hopefully Zhane Smith in the Long or one of the other triple jumpers can score to have comfortably at one!
Look Out Below
AG
It's a slap in the face to think we'd be 4th in the 4x4 when we set the collegiate record indoors. We went heads-up with Arkansas, who has the fastest time in the country, and drubbed them at our first home meet. Just beat LSU, Bama, and Texas (again). We have a human cheat code on the anchor leg and two others fully capable of scoring in the open 400 at NCAA's. It appears that Jaevin Reed is starting to turn the corner too.

As long as we are healthy, we are the team to beat in the women's 4x4. End of story.
triniaggie
AG
Updated form chart has LSU run away winners with 103 points. WOW.
The Aggies are expected to finish 3rd with 41 points
TOP 10 TEAMS
School Score Previous Place
1. LSU 103 (+23) 1
2. Oregon 59 (-7) 2
3. Texas A&M 41 (-3) 4
4. Georgia 38 (-7) 3
5. Texas 35 (-7) 5
6. BYU 32 (-6) 6
7. Florida 30 (-7) =7
8. Florida State 27 (+10) 16
9. Iowa State 25 (+1) 10
10. USC 24 (-13) =7

Dixon is still expected to win with Carlton Orange 8th and Brandon Miller 9th

Potential scorers fo ror the Aggie men are
Achane 6th in 200m - 3 points
Deadmon 2nd in the 400m - 8 points
Dixon 1st in the 800m - 10 points
Orange 8th in 800m - 1 point
James Smith 8th 400 hurdles - 1 point
Mpoke 3rd the 400m hurdles - 6 points
4x100m 3rd - 6 points
4x400m 3rd - 6 points
taylorswift13
AG
They better know something about Dixon we don't LOL, I have faith in him, but each week it's getting harder and harder! I think Miller and Orange can do better than 8th and 9th! Hopefully Smith is back!
Look Out Below
AG
LSU men are ridiculous this year -- They could win the 200, 400, both hurdles, both relays, LJ, HJ. That's 8 potential wins = 80 points. Unbelievable.
Guest Commenter
I didnt realize she was friends with several teammates. Great that we were first to get in on her. All the power schools will come for her; even NCA&T as she has run on their track. She will run in The Meet of Champions the week after state as she just received an invite almost two weeks ago. Yes she would be a great pickup. A&M will have to earn this one - friends or not as she is a potnetial Olympian in the making and I am sue that may hold weight who has been developed to the next level. Tech just offered her yesterday so the coffers are open now. Hopefully our NCAA momentum will keep on the upswing and these comrades on the squad will carry weight.
I think the greatest pull we may have going for us now is that she projects well as a long sprinter and may see our training and resume as of late as a positive lean for the good guys.
A&M hasnt had success lately with the women's sprinters but since the coaching change I think we have developed less talented or well known athletes as well as the big sprint schools with their stars. Zhane Smith and Rachel Hall have improved greatly in their time here and I think it will spill over with any national talent that comes in. Sometmes it just takes one recruit to change the game and she might be the piece that opens the flood gates.
Guest Commenter
I think his his historical Sept - Dec training regimen has proved well here that he can accomplish lots in 4 months. Barring injury incurred throughout the year I feel his work from March to June will have him in championship form for placing. I don't expect him to win SEC nor NCAA 1st round but be competitive to advance. I think he will be ready to compete for the title come June. They probably delayed his season to avoid burnout as they expect him to train well into late summer if he can make the team. Whether or not he makes the team he will probably sign with someone and will still be fresh for the late season circuit through and post trials. Count some points for him but don't think he should be counted out; 46.1 is nowhere near his top form but it is an improving sign that he is on his way. You could see a 45.5 this weekend possibly if he were to run and that wouldn't surprise me but I think he is on pace to make his noise when it counts. Carlton too.
Guest Commenter
I wouldnt be surprised at 4 teams separated by half a second for the 4x4 finals. Assuming Richardson doesn't bounce back quick enough I don't think it is really a slap in the face. It is shocking though but realistic considering our personel is not running as consistently as other schools. Tierra has the form but she has not shown that killer instinct the Young has. Her best will probably come out when it counts but it really depends on the deveopment of the 4th leg. Can Jaevin round out. I don't think we need her at at 51 low but if she can get to 52 mid I think Mu is within striking distance. Of course if Jaevin has time to actually peak - oh boy!! If she can get to 51 mid or low I t still think A&M is in this race and in striking distance; I dont think we have the lead going into the last lap but maybe 3rd or 4th. Kethlin Campbell will proably run another 49 split anchor as will USC have a good 50 mid/low and even if Mu runs a 48.5 it will still be a close race between 2 or 3 teams at the line. I like our chances but I am not shcoked at 4th either. Jaevin is a fire cracker though - she doesnt play around and has sub 23 200 speed so she will go after it and she may be the key.
taylorswift13
AG
True in one of the 800MeterU youtube videos from the first track meet he said he wanted to take it out slowly and not peak early, so I've been leaning on that for hope! I'm really curious how we attack this week given that conference is in 2 weeks! I'm so glad the next 4 meets are at home, that should give us a huge advantage! Also on TexAgs Radio Pat Henry said he had 2 girls out that could run on the relay this past week so I'm assuming he was talking about Syaira and possibly Jania even though we have yet to see her this season! Going to be interesting to see the heat sheets for sure, Deadmon already shared on social media that it will be his last home meet, so I'm assuming the big dogs will race this Saturday and taper the next two weeks
taylorswift13
AG
And recruiting for the 2022 cycle is heating up with offers going out, but with the NCAA opening up recruiting visits and contact with coaches on June 1, I wonder if we plan on hosting a bevy of recruits during the national prelims. That can be a HUGE advantage for us as we show off our track and squad!
triniaggie
AG
I think the two 400m runners Coach Henry might have been talking about were Syaira. Richardson and Laila Owens. Laila Owens split 53 seconds on the B relay team a couple weeks ago and he said last week he found a new 40om relay leg but she would not be running because she is hurt. We have been struggling a lot with injuries and previously Covid. Sometimes I wish the many questions we have would be asked at the Wednesday interview with Coach Henry by Gabe but the focus is always on a couple of athletes
I think the relay order is important as well. It is always a juggle and struggle to see which leg to put your weakest runner. Sometimes the 3rd leg may work but sometimes it may not work. It depends on the day and who is lining up against who. Agreed we need our weakest leg to split at least a 52.5. I know Charokee Young will split 50, so depends on Tierra on the day. She has 51.9 flat speed so we need her to split 51.
Tech has a tradition now of taking away some of our athletes and recruits but in the women sprint and hurdles haven't perform well. I remember when we were almost certain top recruit sprint and hurdle Kaylor Harris (Huge Aggie family) would be an Aggie and we were disappointed she chose Tech over us. I think a lot had to do with new indoor performance centre they had just built. Kaylor has unperformed at Tech. Their men sprint and jump have done well though.
It sometimes baffles me as to why we have not have any good 400m hurdlers recruits since Shamier Little. Gabriel MacDonald came here but something was wrong that I cannot pin point. Maybe it was the change from Jamaica to the US, I don't know but having transferred to Tech I haven't seen any great improvement since then. The point is we recruited an 800m runner who ran a couple of 300m hurdles in high school and now she has the 8th fastest time in the NCAA in the 400m hurdles in 57.4. I can tell you if she was in the heat with the pros at the LSU meet she might have gone under 57 seconds
taylorswift13
AG
Yeah Mustin is a pleasant surprise in the 400 hurdles, she has the endurance and capability to run 56 in my opinion, probably at SEC's as she's running with the top LSU girls! And the recruiting was strange, we signed such a small class and should have some attrition with the possibility of some going pro! I'm hoping that either means we know some girls are staying or that we're going to go all out in the transfer market! But the 400 hurdler thing does surprise me! The top 300 hurdler in the state is Bryce McCray who's dad ran track and played football here, but instead he committed to Georgia which shocked me! But I believe are recruiting with our recent success this year, the Olympics, and our new outdoor facility will attract many top recruits! Our program's future looks brighter than ever!
triniaggie
AG
Yeah I was shocked too at Bryce McCray but I think his father indicated that he didn't want to influence too much his son choice of College. Maybe he just didn't want to go where his father went and indicated that.
I don't think I ever saw him posted if he had an offer from us. Strangely alot of people got the hype and rush to Georgia only to transfer after a year or two. It seems like something is not right there. I remembered the big fiasco with Tara Davis wanting to leave for Texas and was blocked by Petros
TRM
AG
I'm guessing they lose several recruits if Petros isn't retained...
Look Out Below
AG
Covid has thrown a wrecking ball at the scholarship situation at most schools. You have people you thought were going to be gone that may not be now then you have to account for who you do want to sign, etc. It's hard to give out scholarships if you don't know if you are going to have them to give.

It has definitely hurt most of the kids in this year's recruiting class.
taylorswift13
AG
I'm assuming Mu and possibly Gittens will turn pro after this summer (but I hope they come back). I really hope Acquah and Charokee Young decide to stay as well! We will lose Stevenson and Brown in the triple jump, so we will need to get a transfer in the jumps in my opinion, along with a 400 runner. Bailey Goggans has potential to score if she can drop her Pr by a couple seconds! I feel after the Olympics cycle the NCAA will be pretty weak next season, so I hope we can capitalize! Syaira Richardson has eligibility and has not graduated so if we can bring her back along with Young, Robinsons Jones, Jania Martin, and Laila Owens we should be okay in the 400 range! Heather Abadie will help in the pole vault as well along with Katelyn Fairchild in the Javelin! Depending on who returns our girls team can make back to back runs! On the men's we are going to need big time transfers!
triniaggie
AG
TRM said:

I'm guessing they lose several recruits if Petros isn't retained...
It is rumored that Georgia athletes Anna Hall, Jasmine Moore and Titiana Marsh are already in the transfer portal. It is also said that two of these athletes "does not wish to be contacted by other institutions ".which might mean they are following Petros wherever he is going. Wonder what Mathew Boling will do if Petros leave even though he is not directly coached by Petros
taylorswift13
AG
Triniaggie is spot on! Tara Davis was unhappy in Georgia, Jazmine Moore has improved less than 2 feet in the triple jump since high school over 3 years! Boling hasn't had a sting start to his outdoor season! Georgia hasn't been a stable program, but they have recruited well! But from the outside looking in it looks like the program is falling apart, especially with Petros leaving! We need to do a better job of securing our state and not letting most of the top athletes get away!
ksmith3764
Does anyone know what happened to Sam whitmarsh at his regional track meet. Ran 2:02. Just wonder if he was sick injured or possibly knocked around during the 800
taylorswift13
AG
I was wondering the same thing, I noticed he didn't run the 400 either so maybe he injured himself during the week leading to regionals! I was really rooting for him and hoping to see him next week! I respect him for still going out there and fighting! Hopefully he's okay!
aggierun
ATHING MU HAS MADE THE COVER OF THE MAY ISSUE OF TRACK AND FIELD NEWS ("BIBLE OF THE SPORT")
TRM
AG
Back to 48 entries per event.

taylorswift13
AG
Hallelujah, more opportunities!
Sub4
AG
Now coaches will have to jump on it and reserve more hotel rooms in College Station
Bondag
AG
I would assume, but does this spread out the events so Mu can compete in 400 and 800 or are they still too close?
TRM
AG
I think they're back to back at NCAAs. We might be better off if Mu does a 800/1500 double with more recovery time between events and the 1500 seems to be more sit and kick. We still enough good quarter milers where it'd still be a net positive or Mu could still put in a leg if needed.
oklaunion
If Oregon shuts down due to Covid much more, we may be approached about hosting Nationals here in CS.
Sub4
AG
800/1500 double would be crazy. I'd love to see it but Mu stands more to gain by focusing on 800/4x400 and blowing the 800 out of the park with another PR.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.