*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

160,589 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
65532ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
Reading these recent posts makes me realize that most of the stories on the show are starting to get boring.
not so much boring, but they have too many irons in the fire.

in the last episode we got what 6 minutes of all 10 arcs...or is it 10 of 6? Either way, they are covering so many things at once that nothing really gets deep all at once.

Did you just start watching the show and start with this season? Because thats been the template from the beginning.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reading these recent posts makes me realize that most of the stories on the show are starting to get boring.
not so much boring, but they have too many irons in the fire.

in the last episode we got what 6 minutes of all 10 arcs...or is it 10 of 6? Either way, they are covering so many things at once that nothing really gets deep all at once.

Did you just start watching the show and start with this season? Because thats been the template from the beginning.
no, but i did get in late so I binged the first 4.5ish seasons.

the "filler" stuff doesnt stand out as much when you do that.
Scotch
AG
Anyone watch "After the Thrones"?
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
good show but it seemed a little too forced and time conscious compared to the podcast last year ("ok our 2 minutes on Mereen are up now we must cut to the Wall, insert Andy transition joke here"). I'll give them some time to get comfortable with it.

Last year was a great free flowing conversation that drifted any direction and now they have to hit all the big points for the mainstream
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Is that anything like After Mash?

Only with Game of Thrones of course.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
Haven't had time to go back and read through the thread, but was it ever revealed how Sansa and Theon survived their jump from the castle wall?

It can be done...

Here's a 400 footer!

Counterpoint
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Haven't had time to go back and read through the thread, but was it ever revealed how Sansa and Theon survived their jump from the castle wall?

It can be done...

Here's a 400 footer!

But that's cheating with a parachute! (even a small one)
Bregxit
AG
It didn't deploy.
jbanda
AG
Just got an email from freepress houston. There's a space city comicon coming up (I don't usually attend those sorts of things). In attendance will be Grand Maester Pycelle (Julian Glover) and more importantly Esme Bianco. ROS live in houston!
hunter2012
AG
I'm surprised nobody listed the Dothraki top 5...

1. Killing another Khal
2. Conquering a city...
3. ...and taking her people as slaves, and taking her idols back to Vaes Dothrak
4. Breaking a wild horse forcing it to submit to your will.
5. Seeing a woman naked for the first time.
dcaggie04
AG
quote:

1. Killing another Khal
2. Conquering a city...
3. ...and taking her people as slaves, and taking her idols back to Vaes Dothrak
In no particular order.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Just got an email from freepress houston. There's a space city comicon coming up (I don't usually attend those sorts of things). In attendance will be Grand Maester Pycelle (Julian Glover) and more importantly Esme Bianco. ROS live in houston!
That's General Veers to you, sir!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:

1. Killing another Khal
2. Conquering a city...
Yeah, it didn't seem like Khal Bobo commanded any respect - he was like the entourage of Khals.
double aught
AG
I found that scene quite comical.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I think I like the Dothraki the best.
RDV-1992
quote:
I think I like the Dothraki the best.
It is known.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:

1. Killing another Khal
2. Conquering a city...
Yeah, it didn't seem like Khal Bobo commanded any respect - he was like the entourage of Khals.
Who is Khal Bobo? If you mean Khal Moro, I think those guys were his Bloodriders. I would expect a looser set of rules for them.
stick95
AG
quote:
I found that scene quite comical.

That and the scene where Tyrion was asking the Mereen woman if he could eat her baby.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:

Who is Khal Bobo? If you mean Khal Moro, I think those guys were his Bloodriders. I would expect a looser set of rules for them.
Yeah I made up the name because I couldn't remember it... he doesn't seem to be too in command. Do you think Drogo's bloodriders would talk smack to him like that? I don't.
Btron
AG
How are the Dothraki constructed? What I mean is how big are they? How many Khals are there? How would this guy not know who Dany is? Are they like the size of the "north" the "wildlings", Or all of westeros?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
How are the Dothraki constructed? What I mean is how big are they? How many Khals are there? How would this guy not know who Dany is? Are they like the size of the "north" the "wildlings", Or all of westeros?
Well the #1 coolest thing on their list was killing another Khal, so it's kinda weird that they are suddenly so accepting of not taking the dead Khal's wives. But yea, I imagine there are quite a bunch of them and vary in size of horde. Perhaps this was a much smaller horde than Drogo's.
Quinn
AG
quote:

http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9a393473748185dce76bf8339&id=00119d1332&e=dc15ad92e5

Ask the Maester from The Ringer (ne Grantland) gives a great overview of the Dothraki in his latest article.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:

http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9a393473748185dce76bf8339&id=00119d1332&e=dc15ad92e5

Ask the Maester from The Ringer (ne Grantland) gives a great overview of the Dothraki in his latest article.

Yeah he lost me at patriarchy. If your society only thrives by conquest and pillaging then feminism won't even exist there, so it's pointless to complain about it. Sorry but bringing modern politics into the Game of Thrones world is just laughable.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:

SHOW ONLY THREAD!!! No where in the past 52 episodes have they gone deep enough into Dothraki history and current vitals to answer your question.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
SHOW ONLY THREAD!!! No where in the past 52 episodes have they gone deep enough into Dothraki history and current vitals to answer your question.
The maps in the opening credits show the size of the Dothraki territory. It is larger than all of Westeros. Dany was with one khalasar for less than nine months (bred on wedding night and had premature stillbirth after Drogo's death and breakup of the khalasar).

It is fair to assume that she did not meet every Khal on the continent in that short period.

The khalasar DID visit Vaes Dothrak when she learned she was pregnant, but I seem to recall that only a couple of other khalasars were present in the city at that time.
Kashchei
AG
Hopefully this episode is better than last week's. I predict Jon Snow will be dead for a few more episodes. They always have to drag stuff like that out.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah I made up the name because I couldn't remember it... he doesn't seem to be too in command. Do you think Drogo's bloodriders would talk smack to him like that? I don't.
I think thats exactly what they do.
El Hombre Mas Guapo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think thats exactly what they do.

Yeah, i'm sure they have that kind of organization... Didn't one of them try to kill him?

The blood rider challener lost the fight but Kahl Drogo let the guy cut him at the start of the fight and the resulting infection killed him iirc...
boboguitar
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

1. Killing another Khal
2. Conquering a city...
hi
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Let's do this!
boboguitar
AG
Here we go!
Seven Costanza
AG
It would be funny if he is actually going to stay dead and they just roll Kit Harrington around for the entire season Weekend at Bernie's style.
boboguitar
AG
Bran!
Kashchei
AG
No nudity this episode
boboguitar
AG
quote:
No nudity this episode

Maybe you'll get lucky and see some hodor dong.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.