*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

160,578 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
He doesn't know what she did. He got sent to the Wall before everything went down.

Edit: But still, you're right.. He's never been a fan of hers.

He might not know exactly what happened, but I thought it was clear that he knew something bad was going to happen after he left.
TX_AG_10
AG
Yep.. But there's no way he's letting her in the room if he knew that she basically killed Stannis' daughter.
dave94
AG
Or just the fact that she's probably the lone survivor and was the one who got Stannis to make so many of his moves.

I wonder if she'll eventually confess to the Shireen thing, otherwise he'll never know.
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
He doesn't know what she did. He got sent to the Wall before everything went down.

Edit: But still, you're right.. He's never been a fan of hers.

He might not know exactly what happened, but I thought it was clear that he knew something bad was going to happen after he left.

He's also seen her birth Shadow Assassins so he knows she has some power even if he's not a huge fan or her.
Squirrel Master
AG
Davos may be no fan of the Red Witch, but I think it's obvious he understands the value of her as an ally, especially since they are naturally falling on the same side here as people respect/value the importance of Jon.
hunter2012
AG
They are the only major surviving Stannis loyalists. I think he sees her as a comrade now, especially since they are the only ones mutually suffering with the loss of their king.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Davos may be no fan of the Red Witch, but I think it's obvious he understands the value of her as an ally, especially since they are naturally falling on the same side here as people respect/value the importance of Jon.
Yes, and I don't think he's even had time to ask her why she is back or what happened with Stannis. For all he knows, she could be back to share with them the victory Stannis had, but she didn't have time to tell him any of it because she walked in to see a dead Jon Snow.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
Yes, and I don't think he's even had time to ask her why she is back or what happened with Stannis. For all he knows, she could be back to share with them the victory Stannis had, but she didn't have time to tell him any of it because she walked in to see a dead Jon Snow.

I think riding back alone and brooding implies what happened.
dave94
AG
And he asked her point blank about Shireen in the last season finale. She didn't answer, just looked totally zoned out, which said it all.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
And he asked her point blank about Shireen in the last season finale. She didn't answer, just looked totally zoned out, which said it all.
Oh good point. So he DOES know that Stannis was defeated and Shireen was likely killed in the ensuing battle. Probably just thinks she's a bia who chickened out when the battle happened and ran home empty handed. Still, he clearly knows he's in a really tough spot now so perhaps he isn't able to hold his grudge as long as he'd like.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

quote:
I wonder if she'll eventually confess to the Shireen thing, otherwise he'll never know.

"I watched Shireen die. I was there. I set her on fire and watched her die. I could've saved her. But I didn't."
Ranger222
AG
Regarding the Shireen sacrifice......

Maybe the sacrifice of the princess was all for naught. I don't like to think so since it was such a captivating scene as well as we know that's not how things work in this show.

I've always thought after season 5 that maybe the Shireen sacrifice might not be for Stannis and his battle, but instead might be used after the fact for Jon Snow. Another potential twist I've thought about is that maybe Shireen didn't actually have "king's blood", as maybe she wasn't even Stannis' (since the sacrifice seemed to mean nothing). Of course I'm not sure how that storyline would mean anything now since the Baratheon line is wiped out.

Also regarding "king's blood", at the beginning of the show when Davos did the double take of the blood, I thought that might have been the hint for it being used by Melisandra later in the show if the R + L = J theory was true. Instead, it seems to just have wasted away on the snow as a possible hint of representing a dragon. So much for that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jaime's letter to Doran. (Official)

Shoeless Joe
Is that GOT font?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Updated:
dave94
gougler08
AG
I think we saw Theon's sister in the trailers for Season 6 right? And obviously Bran and Hodor will be coming back in to play...so I guess the ship will have a few more openings that can be filled
plowboy1065
S
There is a Baratheon bast@rd out there somewhere paddling around
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, now we know.
dcaggie04
AG
Only problem with that is we know the two sand snakes are headed back to Dorne. Too early to put them on the ship of the unknown.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Regarding the Shireen sacrifice......

Maybe the sacrifice of the princess was all for naught. I don't like to think so since it was such a captivating scene as well as we know that's not how things work in this show.

I've always thought after season 5 that maybe the Shireen sacrifice might not be for Stannis and his battle, but instead might be used after the fact for Jon Snow. Another potential twist I've thought about is that maybe Shireen didn't actually have "king's blood", as maybe she wasn't even Stannis' (since the sacrifice seemed to mean nothing). Of course I'm not sure how that storyline would mean anything now since the Baratheon line is wiped out.

Also regarding "king's blood", at the beginning of the show when Davos did the double take of the blood, I thought that might have been the hint for it being used by Melisandra later in the show if the R + L = J theory was true. Instead, it seems to just have wasted away on the snow as a possible hint of representing a dragon. So much for that.
Well the big problem Stannis's troops were facing at the time was the storm that came in and froze them in place. They couldn't march on until it warmed up. They sacrificed Shireen and the next morning, Melisandra came out super excited that everything was thawing off, "the LoL had answered our request!" Unfortunately, it turned out the sacrifice to the LoL was enough to undue the HUMAN element, by running away the mercenaries (who decided to steal the horses). I don't think there is any built-up "goodwill" as the LoL DID respond by breaking the freeze.
Amazing Moves
Who took a spear to the head?
gougler08
AG
quote:
Trystane Martell, Doran's son
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Tristain Martell, the young prince of Dorne who was to marry Myrcella.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Only problem with that is we know the two sand snakes are headed back to Dorne. Too early to put them on the ship of the unknown.
This is more in reference to how they got to King's Landing. Some debate about it going on in the other thread.
AnglerAg92
AG
Haven't had time to go back and read through the thread, but was it ever revealed how Sansa and Theon survived their jump from the castle wall?
gougler08
AG
quote:
Haven't had time to go back and read through the thread, but was it ever revealed how Sansa and Theon survived their jump from the castle wall?
Haven't you seen Frozen? They obviously jumped in to a snow pack and can survive a fall of 100 ft
Roland Schitt
AG
quote:
quote:

I must have missed something but can yall explain to me how the 2 sand snakes got on the boat? I thought they were in Dorne
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Two assumptions:

1) The wall was slightly tapered outwards so they could have "slid" some, breaking the fall.

2) The big storm brought enough snow to soften the fall. A little awkward since Theon JUST killed that other girl by throwing her from that high up and there wasn't ANY snow on the ground, but that was an interior courtyard that, theoretically, could be shoveled daily.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
See my picture above.

Real answer: Probably just took another ship and followed Jaime's ship.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I must have missed something but can yall explain to me how the 2 sand snakes got on the boat? I thought they were in Dorne
I know this is getting a lot of play, but I think it simply doesn't really matter as the "timeline" is open enough that this could have happened AFTER Trystane took the boat back to Dorne. It happens quickly in the show just to speed up the action and not waste time in cleaning up that plotline.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
This is more in reference to how they got to King's Landing. Some debate about it going on in the other thread.
OMG! You mentioned the other thread which is about those which must not be named. You should be banned from ever posting again
Squirrel Master
AG
Probably took a different boat. We weren't shown their travel, but nothing in the show has indicated airlines are a thing in Westeros. They waited til Trystane was away from Jaime and others to take him out, also coinciding with the assassination of the Dornish cripple boss and Big Black.

This wasn't really well written in my mind, cause why not wait til he returns to do that, if they obviously have the support of the Dornish royal guards who stood by as they killed Doran. But this way allowed them to time all the killings together, ala Godfather baptism scene.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Probably took a different boat. We weren't shown their travel, but nothing in the show has indicated airlines are a thing in Westeros. They waited til Trystane was away from Jaime and others to take him out, also coinciding with the assassination of the Dornish cripple boss and Big Black.

This wasn't really well written in my mind, cause why not wait til he returns to do that, if they obviously have the support of the Dornish royal guards who stood by as they killed Doran. But this way allowed them to time all the killings together, ala Godfather baptism scene.
Well they were SHOWN all together, but Doran's assassination was contingent on the raven giving him notice of the death of Myrcella. Trystane was likely killed just "sometime between dropping off Jamie and making it back to Dorne". That's pretty open and probably done on purpose just to wrap it up and consolidate the scenes together.
SwigAg11
AG
I thought Trystane was taking Oberyn's place on the small council? Why would he then head back to Dorne?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.