*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

160,602 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
Joan Wilder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love that Davos shut down Mellisandre, like "give the guy a break he's been mostly dead all day" when she immediately started in on him taking over from Stannis.
wangus12
AG
quote:
- Bran's visions with the Raven have been some of the best scenes the past two episodes. Very well done. The sword fight by the tower was fantastic. Interesting that Ned lied all those years about winning that fight.

- With a renewed focus on telling her family background, I have a terrible feeling that Arya is going to be commanded to kill a Stark before its all over.
I don't think Ned so much as lied about it as he never mentioned. Bran said last episode that he never talked about Lyanna and that scene is probably the most important one with her. Ned vs. the Kingsguard was really well known so Bran has heard the stories. He says as much. But he's never heard them from Ned. Only second hand.

I agree. Arya is gonna be asked to take someone out. It'll be interesting to see how brainwashed she becomes. Is she playing a long con so she can take her revenge or is she losing herself.
Scotch
AG
quote:
I think the Umbers are playing Ramsay, maybe I'm just trying to look at ways for the Starks to not get screwed but that didn't look like that big of a wolf head like Ghost
I plan to watch that scene over again. I hope the plan is to get back at the Bolton's for their treason at the Red Wedding. I forget, is the dad of this Umber the guy that disliked Robb but then came around? I remember the scene at the dinner table, I thought that actor was awesome.

Edit to add scene from that dinner:

BestofThrones - "Oathbreaker" - Jon 'Greatjon' Umber
wangus12
AG
I'm kinda bummed that they killed off Greatjon Umber "of natural causes". Hopefully that is part of the con as well if there is one.
TX_AG_10
AG
Very ironic that oathbreaker is mentioned in that clip and that was the title of episode 3..
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Gendry probably starting to get lonely on that boat.
Stive
AG
I thought the same thing.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:

quote:
quote:
I think the Umbers are playing Ramsay, maybe I'm just trying to look at ways for the Starks to not get screwed but that didn't look like that big of a wolf head like Ghost
I plan to watch that scene over again. I hope the plan is to get back at the Bolton's for their treason at the Red Wedding. I forget, is the dad of this Umber the guy that disliked Robb but then came around? I remember the scene at the dinner table, I thought that actor was awesome.

Edit to add scene from that dinner:

BestofThrones - "Oathbreaker" - Jon 'Greatjon' Umber

Umber was very supportive of Robb Stark.. or so it appears here.

Edit: I mean to reply to Scotch
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn, totally forgot that was him.

I don't see any way the Umbers aren't playing Ramsay. They probably are planning to lure Jon to Winterfell and will pull a Tywin at the last second.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Could it be?

Stive
AG
So that's a prediction that Bran will call out to Ned at his execution, the same way he did at the TOJ?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
And now that he can do something about that raging boner he got when she propositioned him before.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
If Jon's going south, who's going with him? Think the Wildlings will help take back Winterfell?
I wouldn't be surprised if Jon didn't even try to take Winterfell. Assuming he has the same motivations as SnowV1.0, I don't think he'd be overly concerned with taking Winterfell just for the sake of taking it.
Well, he tried to run off and join the fight with his brother Robb...

I am sure he wants some Lannister, Bolton, and Frey blood now.

IMO, he goes to Rally the North; Sansa screws over LF, and they bring the Vale and the Riverlands onto their side.
Burrus86
AG
quote:
quote:
If Jon's going south, who's going with him? Think the Wildlings will help take back Winterfell?
I wouldn't be surprised if Jon didn't even try to take Winterfell. Assuming he has the same motivations as SnowV1.0, I don't think he'd be overly concerned with taking Winterfell just for the sake of taking it.
If you will one day fight White Walkers, it makes sense to have Winterfell under your control. You simply can't be worrying about Ramsey behind your lines, assuming the ultimate battle takes place at the Wall or somewhere in the North. You deal with Ramsey before you tackle the problem of the White Walkers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Probably just meant to be funny, but it wouldn't be the craziest thing.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Interesting that the last Episode was called "Oathbreaker" (Season 6, Ep 3)... yet I do not believe it was Jon Snow breaking any oaths. His watch ended when he died, so he was relieved of his oath.

Rewatching this clip makes me think the "Oathbreaker" title was an ode to The Greatjohn Umber and that the Umbers are about to F- over Ramsay...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Could be referring to the people who stabbed Jon.
Silvertaps
AG
quote:
Interesting that the last Episode was called "Oathbreaker" (Season 6, Ep 3)... yet I do not believe it was Jon Snow breaking any oaths. His watch ended when he died, so he was relieved of his oath.

Rewatching this clip makes me think the "Oathbreaker" title was an ode to The Greatjohn Umber and that the Umbers are about to F- over Ramsay...

Conning Ramsey seems a stretch after he turned over the youngest Stark to a guy that fed his newborn bro and stepmom to dogs.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Conning Ramsey seems a stretch after he turned over the youngest Stark to a guy that fed his newborn bro and stepmom to dogs.
I get what your saying; however, if he just showed up, he doesn't know that. He highly suspects Ramsay killed Roose (and he's right). But I am sure only about 2-3 people know he had a baby brother, and only about 2 people know how they died.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
I don't think Ned so much as lied about it as he never mentioned. Bran said last episode that he never talked about Lyanna and that scene is probably the most important one with her. Ned vs. the Kingsguard was really well known so Bran has heard the stories. He says as much. But he's never heard them from Ned. Only second hand.
You may be right. I got the impression it was from his dad, but I guess that's not necessarily true. He did say that his dad described that guy as the best fighter he ever knew, so if he never spoke of this battle, he certainly spoke of it's actors.
Squirrel Master
AG
I think people dissecting what 'Oathbreaker' means are chasing a fool's errand. As with many of the eps, the title can often be linked to one or many characters/storylines if you try hard enough. Arguing the technicalities of whether Jon's 'death' would officially end his watch seem reaching, given the lack of precedent. Certainly seems the Watch still thought he was the Lord Commander when sentencing was being dished out. If trying to chase some formal reasoning behind it all, I'd say that since he'd had no funeral where the men declare that 'his watch has ended', the bond is still in tact.

But like I said in another post last week I think, it's not important at all. No one is going to treat Jon like Ned and those before treated deserters of the Watch. He will likely be commanding some sort of army with the wildlings and he's going to probably retake Winterfell. He's not going to be your run of the mill coward hiding out in the North. Like with legal rights to the Iron Throne, legality behind his Watch duties will not matter, only power will.
Ramrod
AG
quote:
I think people dissecting what 'Oathbreaker' means are chasing a fool's errand. As with many of the eps, the title can often be linked to one or many characters/storylines if you try hard enough. Arguing the technicalities of whether Jon's 'death' would officially end his watch seem reaching, given the lack of precedent.

You realize you're saying this to a group of people that argued a pool of blood was in the shape of a wolf and/or a dragon, right?
Squirrel Master
AG
Touche.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

Ahhh yes. Sounds like a clear case of Meinertzhagen's Haversack.
LHIOB
AG

Around the 4:25 mark
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Around the 4:25 mark

dave94
AG
Joffrey was such a c*nt.
Swarely
All I could see this episode

redline248
AG
Bran's confusion about the fight at the tower could just be he knows his dad survived, but was watching him get his ass kicked.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Bran's confusion about the fight at the tower could just be he knows his dad survived, but was watching him get his ass kicked.
he said specifically "i've heard this story a thousand times"...although he did not say that he had heard it from his father directly. could be one of those things that has been exaggerated through retellings.
redline248
AG
Didn't he say something like "but he wins this fight?"

Technically, being alive at the end is winning.
PooDoo
AG
Because he heard the story of his dad facing the best swordsman he's ever seen and bested trying to save his sister with the part about the fatal wound being a knife from behind left out.
Say Chowdah
AG
quote:

I interpreted it as the legend had Ned as a besting the best in a stand up battle. The Bran saw the truth. There was no chance his father could have beaten him in a square go. His opponent was stabbed in the back which is a sign of dishonor. Remember when the Lannister man stabbed Ned and Jaime didn't kill him because of it?

All his life Bran believed Ned to be the most honorable man in the seven kingdoms. Now he's seen something to alter that view.

My 2 cents.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
quote:

I interpreted it as the legend had Ned as a besting the best in a stand up battle. The Bran saw the truth. There was no chance his father could have beaten him in a square go. His opponent was stabbed in the back which is a sign of dishonor. Remember when the Lannister man stabbed Ned and Jaime didn't kill him because of it?

All his life Bran believed Ned to be the most honorable man in the seven kingdoms. Now he's seen something to alter that view.

My 2 cents.

To be fair to young Ned, Dayne was going to die and it was going to take a while. I think he wanted to end his misery.
Stive
AG
I don't think anyone is knocking Ned finishing him off. It's the story of Ned beating Dayne that has now been refuted.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.