*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

160,613 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
Gig-Em2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Correct. There hasn't been development over there in several seasons. Obviously Dany will make it to Westeros at some point with her dragons so it would seem to me they could cut her story out for a season and come back to her when it's time. But the fact is the actress is one of the shows biggest stars and they've got to have her involved in every episode. Thus we get the same stuff over and over again as a stall tactic.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Dany has been wandering around for 5+ seasons, but NOW they don't want to waste time? I don't buy it
You don't buy that Dany is a more important character with character development than Little John Umber?

The argument that there is no development occuring over there at all
I mean, she's developed quite a long title. She's clearly done some impressive stuff in those 5 seasons. Tyrion, Varys, and Ser Barristan all left King's Landing to join her. She's been in charge of her people longer than anyone has in Westeros and she's arguably seen more battle (on screen) than anyone still alive in the series. She's made harder decisions than any king in King's Landing has had to make and she's freed far more people than the Starks, Baratheons, or Tyrells combined. Oh yea, and she hatched the first dragons that the world has seen in centuries. Absolutely zero character development, huh?

I get it, you were being sarcastic, but now I called you out on it. Saying there is "no development occurring over there at all" is asinine.
smokeythebear
AG
If you want to complain about stuff wasting time to develop, then complain about Arya's storyline. I'd argue they spent 4 super long seasons getting her to Bravos and now are speeding through her training to become an assassin way too fast. She was blind for two freaking episodes, but learned how to proficiently fight blind in that time? But on the other hand, she was on the road with The Hound for 3 seasons and only learned where the human heart was?

But back to the original point. I don't think the producers felt like wasting a bunch of time explaining why the Umbers were turning over Rickon.
Goldie Wilson
The Umber/Bolton storyline and the Arya storyline are both way more interesting than anything Dany has done since season 1

Edit: extra words
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok, let's not get carried away here. Astapor was ****ing baller.
wangus12
AG
The hatched dragons were basically luck and has she really seen battle. She sits on the sidelines while others play the role of general.
HtownAg92
AG
quote:
Ok, let's not get carried away here. Astapor was ****ing baller.
Yes. That was the important part of her development. She got her army and showed what the dragons could do.
Qarth, Yunkai and Meereen for the most part were unnecessary.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
The hatched dragons were basically luck and has she really seen battle. She sits on the sidelines while others play the role of general.
"Luck" that she walked into the burning funeral pyre of her dead husband with three ancient artifact eggs and emerged unburnt and with three newborn dragons?? You've got to be kidding me! That was the single coolest scene of the entire first season!

Battle, well she's currently a prisoner (of sorts) and that was after being surrounded by sons of the harpy in the fighting pit (only to be saved by mounting said dragon, killing a bunch of guys, and flying away). Sure, she's a ruler, not a general. She's not exactly supposed to be skilled in swinging a sword, yet she did single-handedly free the unsullied and then commanded them in usurping their captors and taking over the city of Astapor. She also won over the support of the Second Sons, ultimately winning her Yunkai and then commanded the siege on Meereen. Qarth was a rather unfulfilling adventure, but that was more of a "survive and advance" city for her.

I just don't get how people are uninterested in this storyline. Dani has conquered more cities than all the other houses in the show combined!
redline248
AG
quote:
Dani has conquered more cities than all the other houses in the show combined!
That's what Targaryen's do, bruh!

Although, her ancestors were better at maintaining control over said conquests than she is, at this point.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:

Although, her ancestors were better at maintaining control over said conquests than she is, at this point.
Tell that to the Mad King...
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:

That is because her ancestors were better at maintaining control over their dragons ....
wangus12
AG
quote:
"Luck" that she walked into the burning funeral pyre of her dead husband with three ancient artifact eggs and emerged unburnt and with three newborn dragons?? You've got to be kidding me! That was the single coolest scene of the entire first season!
Hey I didn't say it wasn't badass. But she was basically committing suicide with her husband when she walked into that fire. There is no way in hell she knew that the eggs would hatch or that she'd survive.
Mucho austin
AG
How could she not know she wouldn't be hurt by fire? I had caught myself on fire multiple times prior to my 20s. Pretty sure I know by now that fire hurts me.
smokeythebear
AG
Yea there was plenty of alluding to the concept that she wasn't hurt by fire. I think the eggs hatching was probably a pleasant surprise, but she brought them with her when she walked into the fire for a reason. She certainly wasn't attempting to commit suicide.
HtownAg92
AG
She went into a steaming hot bath and grabbed a dragon egg out of a fire without getting hurt. She also mocked her brother's inability to take the heat when he had molten gold poured on him. She knew fire wouldn't hurt her.
smokeythebear
AG
Yea, she watched as her brother was burned to a skeleton. How do people seriously consider Dani's storyline boring???
gougler08
AG
quote:
Yea, she watched as her brother was burned to a skeleton. How do people seriously consider Dani's storyline boring???
The Season 5 and so far Season 6 storylines have been pretty damn boring. The only real thing of note was Drogon frying some Harpies near the end of Season 5, but the rest has been repetitive and boring ever since she left Astopor
Aggie Joe 93
AG
The scene with her "trading" a dragon for the unsullied was better than the fire serendipity.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
She went into a steaming hot bath and grabbed a dragon egg out of a fire without getting hurt. She also mocked her brother's inability to take the heat when he had molten gold poured on him. She knew fire wouldn't hurt her.
This. And she said, "You're no dragon."
easttexasaggie04
AG
$50 says Jon doesn't see Sansa next episode.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
quote:
quote:
This. And she said, "You're no dragon."

I don't know that was about her knowing fire wouldn't hurt her; but "revenge" because when he beat her he would say she "Woke the dragon".
Goldie Wilson
When was the last episode she was naked? End of S1? Her story has been a snoozer since then
boogieman
AG
quote:
When was the last episode she was naked? End of S1? Her story has been a snoozer since then

She got out of the tub naked for Dario.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
I'll give ya that
Goldie Wilson
tk for tu juan
The last scene of the series finale will be Dani's ships starting the journey across the narrow sea. Topping the Sopranos finale meltdown
FbgTxAg
AG
Emilia Clark plays Danaeyris. She no longer gets naked, as per her newly negotiated contract.

If I was a screenwriter, and we were past the books and just making shlt up as we go, I know who'd be dying an unexpected gruesome death next.

But that's just me.

On an aside, does anyone else notice all these chicks (except the girl who plays Missandei - she's smokin') are much less attractive in real life? Almost all of em. Cersei, Dany, Mellisandre, even Margery. Not as hot at all at all these red carpet things and other public stuff. I thought the camera used to add 20 pounds?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

How can you criticize that?

I guess her dimples could be a tad more adorable.
PatAg
AG
quote:
You guys are just listing stuff that happened at the very beginning, did you notice?
boogieman
AG
Nope. Emilia Clarke looks better with her brunette hair.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Emilia Clark plays Danaeyris. She no longer gets naked, as per her newly negotiated contract.

If I was a screenwriter, and we were past the books and just making shlt up as we go, I know who'd be dying an unexpected gruesome death next.

But that's just me.

On an aside, does anyone else notice all these chicks (except the girl who plays Missandei - she's smokin') are much less attractive in real life? Almost all of em. Cersei, Dany, Mellisandre, even Margery. Not as hot at all at all these red carpet things and other public stuff. I thought the camera used to add 20 pounds?

You're off your rocker if you think Natalie Dormer isn't attractive IRL.
Sentinel
AG
Double negative.
WoMD
quote:

How can you criticize that?

I guess her dimples could be a tad more adorable.

She's got fat arms.
Rudyjax
AG
She looks better when her hair matches her thick dark eyebrows.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:

On an aside, does anyone else notice all these chicks (except the girl who plays Missandei - she's smokin') are much less attractive in real life? Almost all of em. Cersei, Dany, Mellisandre, even Margery.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? I like Emilia even more when the carpet (eyebrows) matches the drapes!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.