*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

160,583 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
mm98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sorry to ask, as I'm still on the JV level of understanding the characters of this show, but it Rickon Stark one of the Stark Siblings? I don't remember much of him. I remember the girl being the one who took care of Bran, but don't remember his brother being there too.
It's been a while since we've seen rickon...just guessing I'd say probably 20 episodes ago..and he hasn't had a huge role in the previous seasons.
Plus they have been feeding him low grade beaver tranquilizers and has aged 20 years over the past 20 episodes

Ha. I was joking with my wife during last weeks episode that the old dude in the tree could be Bran based on how long it's been.
The Devil
Show was good until they decided to resurrect Jon Snow... I cant stand that crap.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Show was good until they decided to resurrect Jon Snow... I cant stand that crap.

jbanda
AG
Interesting point made by Clay Travis in his recap...are bran and the 3ER having visions or time travelling? I would have definitely said visions if it weren't for ned apparently "feeling" their presence. Maybe you can't stay too long in the vision/time travel because if you do you stay there.
TX_AG_10
AG
I don't think this is a spoiler by any means, but definitely a theory.. (I can't remember the rules on theories for this thread and I can remove if necessary.)

I read an interesting article about some people thinking that's what happened to Hodor. He used to be able to warg but got caught up in the past/moment too long and lost himself

Here's the article..
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

quote:
Little things... When comparing the books and the series, it's the little things that stand out, ultimately.

Did you click on the wrong thread?
Joan Wilder
AG
Are we sure that's Rickon? That animal's head didn't seem as big as the other direwolves.

I really hope we're not in another Ramsey torture fest with Rickon and Tonks. (I can't remember her GOT name).
wangus12
AG
quote:
Are we sure that's Rickon? That animal's head didn't seem as big as the other direwolves.

I really hope we're not in another Ramsey torture fest with Rickon and Tonks. (I can't remember her GOT name).
Its the same actor. He's simply aged just like Bran has
Joan Wilder
AG
Ahh...thanks. Good grief, life on the run in the north is like growth hormone for Bran and Rickon.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
That animal's head didn't seem as big as the other direwolves.
That's what I thought when I saw it, seemed a lot smaller to me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They only hung 4 guys at Castle Black, but it was at least 5 guys that stabbed Jon. Thought that was weird.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
5 + Ollie.

And lots of others standing around watching.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
They only hung 4 guys at Castle Black, but it was at least 5 guys that stabbed Jon. Thought that was weird.

Watching the scene again about 20 were standing around but 5 actually stabbed him plus Olly makes 6.

Remember Wun Wun killed at least 1 when the wildlings stormed in to Castle Black. And Tormund Giantsbane also struck down 1 at the beginning of that.

So if it was just the 6 and those 2 were 2 of the 6 then yeah there would be 4 left. Although I would consider all 20ish bystanders traitors as well. But maybe Jon just remembered those who stabbed him and couldn't recall all the others that were there.

Wildlings attack and 2 struck down:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great point.
Trident 88
AG
quote:

quote:
Little things... When comparing the books and the series, it's the little things that stand out, ultimately.

Did you click on the wrong thread?
Did you read the post? He mentioned the books, but I don't see anything information that would actually ruin them for anyone who decided to read the stories. The purpose of the GoT scorecards is to help the TV-only crowd to keep the characters and storylines straight.
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
They said you was hung!

They was right.
Sentinel
AG
No spoiler but...
quote:
**Book Spoiler**
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
My point is that there isn't a spoiler in my post. You knuckleheads see "book" mentioned and just freak out like a bunch of teenage girls.
Not that I care, I read both threads, but isn't this precisely the reason there are two book threads? You know people on this thread want any discussion of the books avoided.... yet some of you persist in discussing the books.
PooDoo
AG
The point is if we wanted to read an episode recap that compares the book to the show there are thousands of other websites where we could get the information.

**** Book Spoilers**** in the SHOW ONLY thread is exactly why we have two different threads. We don't want book readers that have to chime in to "help" clear things up for us.
LHIOB
AG
Why is it so hard? My 2 year old understand the concept of don't so something better than some people.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I posted the summary because I was asked to by people who haven't read the books, and no one objected until now. But point taken. I'll stop posting them.
You can come post your summary in the cool person thread. I've done the readings multiple times and I like your write-ups.

And I agree, no one has *****ed until now.
Goldie Wilson
Soooo Jon Snow is heading south and Sansa is heading north. That should be interesting...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Soooo Jon Snow is heading south and Sansa is heading north. That should be interesting...

ummm yeah....what about Brienne's history of near misses (like always) makes you think they will actually meet?!?!?!?

more likely Sansa and Brienne show up at Castle Black find out Jon's been killed, resurrected, hung the traitors and resigned as LC and left....Brienne deadpans..."well F*** ME" and Pod says "I told you we should taken the other route". could be a great comedy team.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I really hope they don't do this, it's become a GoT cliche at this point. Bran/Jon at Crasters, Arya/Robb at the RW, Arya/Sansa at the Vale, Sansa/Brienne at Winterfell.

It would be one too many. Actually I think the Sansa/Brienne one was one too many. That one actually pissed me off a bit.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
FTR, I asked him an honest question about clicking on the wrong thread. Maybe he's posted those writeups before, I don't remember them. But I didn't watch week to week last year.

I think we should all be able to agree on the meaning of "show only." I know how to find outside materials as easily as I know how to find this board, but I intentionally don't bring any of that here.
Sentinel
AG
If Jon's going south, who's going with him? Think the Wildlings will help take back Winterfell?
TresPuertas
AG
I find the recaps extremely helpful and he did a damn good job of letting you know if and when something could be considered a spoiler.

I'm just fine with what he did and hopes it keeps up.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I believe someone asked if anyone was going to post the recaps like they did last year, and that is when Trident started. I don't think he just started posting them. It's somewhere back a couple of weeks in this thread.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
I believe someone asked if anyone was going to post the recaps like they did last year, and that is when Trident started. I don't think he just started posting them. It's somewhere back a couple of weeks in this thread.
I posted my brother's recaps last year, too. Again, I only started posting them this year because some of the folks in this thread asked me to do so, and no one complained until today. So, I'm NOT going to post them anymore, but good news for those of you who want to read them... I just checked the website, and it appears that it's being updated again. So, you can just go HERE from now on to read them.

No more discussion on this topic necessary.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Every season.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
If Jon's going south, who's going with him? Think the Wildlings will help take back Winterfell?
I would bet Tormond goes with him. I'd like to see Wun-Wun but that might be too much $$ for all that CGI.
Squirrel Master
AG
great epidsode.

- For the first time in a while, I'm interested in King's Landing. Tommen sounds like he's ready to play big boy games now and sounds like there may be another trial by combat coming. Excellent.

- I thought it was weird that Varys had been just following Tyrion around Meereen the last two episodes, hardly even getting any lines. Glad he's getting back into the mix. Varys and Tyrion will be much more interesting rulers of Meereen than Dany was.

- Bran's visions with the Raven have been some of the best scenes the past two episodes. Very well done. The sword fight by the tower was fantastic. Interesting that Ned lied all those years about winning that fight.

- Difficult to read Umber's intentions. The complaint about the wildlings seemed legit. His badassery in talking to Ramsay was awesome. Already looking forward to more scenes with him.

- With a renewed focus on telling her family background, I have a terrible feeling that Arya is going to be commanded to kill a Stark before its all over.

- With the discussion of the Hound, holding some hope he'll be making a future appearance, especially with the emphasis that he was merely left for dead, not dead. I'd long thought that the Brotherhood w/o Banners would be a logical group for him to cross paths with again, despite their previous fight given that the Hound had spoken about having no king or fighting for no king or something like that. Seem quite like-minded. But it's clear now that the B w/o B's real purpose in this story was to introduce that the Lord of Light can bring back people to life. If would have been too much if Jon came back was our first knowledge of that. Too Deux ex Machina. By introducing it a couple of years ago, much more natural and fitting with the story.

- Thought for sure the Maester wasn't making it out of the small council room. Betting Pycelle's days are numbered.
dave94
AG
quote:
I'm assuming that Melisandra will be on him like white on rice since she thinks he's the chosen one now.

Hopefully Davos will tag along, he surely doesn't need to stay and fight the White Walkers.

HtownAg92
AG
And now that he can do something about that raging boner he got when she propositioned him before.
Goldie Wilson
quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Jon didn't even try to take Winterfell. Assuming he has the same motivations as SnowV1.0, I don't think he'd be overly concerned with taking Winterfell just for the sake of taking it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.