*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

160,607 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
Btron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The real hounds were eating or stuffed from their master's daughter flesh. These hounds were B team
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
So those hounds that according to Reek we're such evil dogs sure looked like kinda friendly tracking blood hounds who quickly disappeared when Briene showed up. Kinda whiffed on that one...
Those did not look like the same dogs that Ramsay and Myranda used for hunting peasant girls several seasons ago.

I you have ever used dogs to hunt hogs or similar beasts, you are aware that you have tracker dogs and catch dogs. If I am trying to capture the unarmed heir to the North (my wife) and bring her back to my castle and impregnate her with my future heir, I am thinking that I will bring the tracker dogs and leave the catch dogs in the kennel.

But maybe that is just me.

My thoughts exactly....and also if they are tracking dogs and not attack dogs, then when you find them you don't need to keep them there and endanger them. Trained dogs are valuable.

Seems like the 4 horsemen were killed and one of the guys on foot with the dogs (from what i have read elsewhere). So perhaps the other man on foot took both dogs and left the scene.

This could also lead to him reporting back to Ramsay so at least they know their direction and who they are with if they want to track them down again.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Joan Wilder
AG
Sepinwall recap:
http://m.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-game-of-thrones-sets-the-season-6-table-with-the-red-woman

Ch.33 has the old Grantland podcast "the watch" of Chris Ryan/Andy Greenwald that was a great thrones discussion, especially Their "watch the throne" podcast with Mallory Rubin. I think they're doing "after the thrones" on hboNow/HBOgo this year instead of in podcast format. That was always fun to listen to because Jason and Mallory are book experts that provided insight and background with no spoilers.
easttexasaggie04
AG
This thread and show.
Southlake
Point is that Reek said they were the bad dogs and he was wrong and whiffed on that assumption. But thank you.
Quinn
AG
I would guess that they would still release it in podcast form, but maybe not. These are my two go to recaps every week.
Joan Wilder
AG
They've said they're not doing watch the thrones podcast, but will still likely talk about it on the watch. The Ringer is taking questions for Jason on Twitter now.
Quinn
AG
I meant that they would just post the show as an audio file, but I guess HBO might have an issue with that.
LHIOB
AG
If you aren't offended (by anything) then check out the Dragon Brag podcast.
Squirrel Master
AG
First episodes of the seasons are always tricky, since I'm excited and pumped, only for the episode to largely be setup. But there was still plenty of good stuff in this one:

- Everything at the Wall.
- Brienne saving Sansa and Theon
- All the conversations the Dothraki had

Based on how this first episode went, some guesses on how things could go going forward:

- Thinking the Red Witch may sacrifice herself to bring Jon back, knowing he is important based on her vision. I previously figured she'd bring him back ala the Brotherhood without Banners guy, but her revealing her old self had a sort of 'accepting her fate and the end of her road' vibe to it.
- Looking forward to some direwolf fighting
- Brienne and Co. now headed to wall? I'm guessing Jon will need to come back before they get there.
- Bran is supposed to be in this year, yes? I have no clue what his story contributes from here, but there is potential for interesting stuff if he's warging and observing his siblings around the word. Can he help them?
- Serious foreshadowing the Ramsey will kill Bolton to try and ensure his place of power after the threats Bolton issued him
- Meereen/Dany situation seems way too convoluted right now. Feel like there are too many good characters tied up in situations that don't really seem to serve a purpose. Tyrion's line of "not going to Westeros any time soon" upon seeing the burning ships was quite the slap in the face of everyone waiting for her to get her show on the road for five years now. Hope Tyrion isn't completely wasted doing nothing in Meereen all season, but unless there is some dragon fun, tough to see that story suddenly speeding up.
- Arya is obviously having to learn some hard lessons. Not sure whats gonna happen there, other than more learning from the faceless men, which seems like it could be a major part of season based on the faces being used as the primary promotional images for the season.
- King's Landing is boring and means nothing to me. Somehow Margery is going to get out of Church Prison. Hopefully Jaime gets to do something besides hang out with Cersei.
gougler08
AG
Haven't we seen Jamie riding through a Lanniser army camp in the previews? Pretty sure the Lannisters are going to war with someone (probably Dorne)
HowdyOutbound
Sooo... I can't remember everything from past season's, but is the Red Woman the same witch that told Cersei that all her kids would die?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
Sooo... I can't remember everything from past season's, but is the Red Woman the same witch that told Cersei that all her kids would die?
I heard this elsewhere, haven't been able to look back and confirm. Off the cuff though, I wouldn't think so. That witch seemed to be more of a poor woman living in the woods who was swindling people to make some money. Melisandra was probably much more accomplished by that time, or at the very least, more ambitious.
boogieman
AG
No.

(Well if it is, it hasn't been revealed).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nope, completely different witch.
aggiebonzo
AG
smokeythebear
AG
So is Gendry presumed dead by this point? Or is he still floating around on a little row boat?
FbgTxAg
AG
Don't know if it's been discussed but I've been curious...

What happened to the original actor playing Dario N'haris? Played it for 2-3 episodes and was replaced.

Always wondered if it was his choice or the directors.

If it was his choice - what a dumbass. If it was the show's choice, I think they have a better actor now.

Anybody know?
smokeythebear
AG
quote:

What happened to the original actor playing Dario N'haris? Played it for 2-3 episodes and was replaced.

If it was his choice - what a dumbass. If it was the show's choice, I think they have a better actor now.

Anybody know?
Pretty sure it was the actor's doing. Think he tried to strong-arm them for a raise to be in the next season and they just flat out decided to replace him. Extremely weird how it wasn't even someone that LOOKED like the old actor, just completely different.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:

Anybody know?
His name is Ed Skrein. He got a starring gig replacing Jason Statham as The Transporter.
FbgTxAg
AG
Cool. Good for him and good for GOT.
M.C. Swag
AG
He's decided to leave and bet on himself. Most recently he was the villain in Deadpool and starred in a terrifically weird film "Kill Your Friends."
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
Brian is correct (I binged season 5 leading to last night). The actress was certainly different. I also think Cersie's witch was more a garden-variety seer. She certainly did not appear to be a Priestess of the God of Light.
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
- King's Landing is boring and means nothing to me. Somehow Margery is going to get out of Church Prison. Hopefully Jaime gets to do something besides hang out with Cersei.
I'm thinking Jamie is going to wreck shop on the church and kill the High Sparrow.
plowboy1065
S
No doubt. When they come for Cersei it's on
dave94
AG
And hopefully he has Bronn there to do what he do.
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
No doubt. When they come for Cersei it's on

You mean Margerie?
plowboy1065
S
No, Cersei is back at the castle only until her trial if I remember correctly. They will come for her and Jamie will wreck shop. Cersei has no desire to have the queen free
RABAg04
AG
I thought she was free after her walk
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I'm thinking Jamie is going to wreck shop on the church and kill the High Sparrow.
More like the Mountain, since they've decided to play up Jaimie's physical limitations. He and Bronn couldn't even handle a couple teenage girls in awkward high heel shoes cracking whips across a courtyard from them.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
We cannot say that. We have no idea what Melisandre was doing thirty years ago or where she was living. If the Red Priests told her to live in the woods near Casterly Rock and to set in motion a prophesy that would lead to the downfall of the House Lannister, she would have done it.

But my money says it is a different witch.
plowboy1065
S
She begged for Mothers Mercy and was allowed to return to the Red Keep until her trial
claym711
AG
I thoughts the scenes with Jon snow's blood on the snow were strange. Why so much focus on the blood, why was it black when blood on white snow would be bright red, why did Davos double take at the blood spot when they picked up Jon? Big clue, I think, about Jon's past and future.

hunter2012
AG
quote:
I thought she was free after her walk
She only confessed to sleeping with Lancel. She can't confess to sleeping with Jaime for it undermines Tommen's legitimacy and it backstabs Jaime. I think she was also accused of treason in conspiracy to kill Robert.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.