*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

160,565 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
Jugstore Cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't see what yall mean about Jon's blood being black. I watched the beginning again last night and it looked dark red. I swear they used some Instragram extra-extra-dark filter for those scenes, but the blood was red.
Rocagnante
AG
Last year his blood was in shape of a wolf.

Now it's a dragon.

Btron
AG
How the *** is that a dragon?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Trogdor is a dragon.
aggiebonzo
AG
If you don't see a dragon you must have no imagination...
Btron
AG
I guess I see one of those TRex mouth grabber toys. The ones at the end of a stick that you can control the mouth open and close.
So yeah I guess hes alive and a targaryen.
aggiebonzo
AG
It's no Picasso but to me the blood by this head that runs up looks like wings and if you go to the farthest right of the blood that looks like a head of a dragon breathing fire and then follow that down and you can make out a body with little T. rex hands.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
It's no Picasso but to me the blood by this head that runs up looks like wings and if you go to the farthest right of the blood that looks like a head of a dragon breathing fire and then follow that down and you can make out a body with little T. rex hands.

That's what I see. Or at least that's what I want to see.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
I think y'all are seeing what u want to see
SapperAg
AG
I actually think the imprint of his blood after he's carried away looks like a top-down image of a dragon. And the director chose to focus on this for a frame for some reason.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
It looked dark red to me, especially the edges and the smeared parts. Doesn't explain the double take, of course. I could be wrong, but it looked like what dried (red) blood would look like.
Say Chowdah
AG
One thing this episode showed is that Davos is one of the smartest/wisest people in the series. He's been right time and again.

I'd put him up with Tyrion and Varys for ones on now.
claym711
AG
Yup, the scene with Davod staring at the blood stain was an obvious clue, like numerous others, that Jon Snow is half Targ.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Is this like one of those ink blot tests where the doctor tries to get you to admit that you see wieners and vaginers everywhere?
lne2011
AG
Ok, this is a shot in the dark but I need some help. I've been searching through all of the earlier threads, but I cannot find what I am looking for.

In the one of the earlier season threads, someone posted the link to an independent site that did reviews of every GoT episode. The person that posted it knew one of the people that updated every week. This site also included some background information from the books and some of GRRM other works like the Dunk and Egg series. Don't worry, they always gave spoiler and book warnings before posting about it.

In the past year I've caught up on the book series and most of his other stuff relating to this world. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and could they post the link?

Thanks!
Rocagnante
AG
Top down image.

Where do you see top down dragon? I can't make anything out.
El Chupacabra
easttexasaggie04
AG
That's a stretch IMHO.
aggiebonzo
AG
Yeah that one is harder to see than the other
mazzag
AG
Oh yeah. It was some poster's brother that did the recaps. They were great. Sorry I don't have a link.
Scotch
AG
I remember that, I want to say he posted the links last during Season 4, but could be forgetting some from last year.
(removed:110205)
quote:

All I see is a gunman on a grassy knoll.
wangus12
AG
Pretty sure that is a Charizard.
Cromagnum
AG
When Melisandre got naked...

At first I was like

And then
Seven Costanza
AG
The Dorne stuff looks like a CBS-produced spinoff of GoT.
boogieman
AG
quote:
Ok, this is a shot in the dark but I need some help. I've been searching through all of the earlier threads, but I cannot find what I am looking for.

In the one of the earlier season threads, someone posted the link to an independent site that did reviews of every GoT episode. The person that posted it knew one of the people that updated every week. This site also included some background information from the books and some of GRRM other works like the Dunk and Egg series. Don't worry, they always gave spoiler and book warnings before posting about it.

In the past year I've caught up on the book series and most of his other stuff relating to this world. Does anyone know what I'm talking about and could they post the link?

Thanks!

Yup. I went looking for it earlier today. I believe this is it. I don think it's been updated with the new episode though.

http://gotscorecards.us
lne2011
AG
That's it, thank you!
Cromagnum
AG
quote:
quote:
- King's Landing is boring and means nothing to me. Somehow Margery is going to get out of Church Prison. Hopefully Jaime gets to do something besides hang out with Cersei.
I'm thinking Jamie is going to wreck shop on the church and kill the High Sparrow.

Im thinking Zombie Mountain takes care of the Sparrows while Jamie plots on Dorne.
Trident 88
AG
I don't know if http://gotscorecards.us is still being updated, but here's the summary of this season's 1st episode:

"The Red Woman"

I've been doing a reread leading up to this season, thinking about GRRM and his glacial writing pace, and wondering where the show is going to take us now that they are somewhat unencumbered by the audience's foreknowledge of what's to come. A few things to note:

• Damn, it's hard to reread certain parts - like Ned's naivete, the Red Wedding, etc. I suspect that part of the "difficulty" is in not knowing the ultimate outcome. But I sped through parts of the books not wanting to dwell on how pissed off they made me, book and show.
  • GRRM puts a LOT of foreshadowing in this series, much of which you're oblivious to the first (or second) time through. I first read GOT when it came out, then reread it on my way through each of the next two books. When you first meet the old lady at High Heart (not in the show), you might think of her as some crazy woman blathering nonsense. She dreamed of a maiden with purple snakes in her hair? Whatever, granny. And then you move on and the rest of the book happens. Only when you reread it do you connect that dream to Sansa and the manner of Joffrey's death. Good stuff. Lots of intricacy and complexity and it's well told.
  • Is this the first time a show based on a book series gets to take the story to its finish BEFORE the author does? I believe the writers have indicated that they are deliberately deviating from where they know GRRM is going to take the story (hello, Dorne!). And normally, when a movie is based on a book, the people who loved the book hate the liberties the movie takes with the story, but GRRM's tardiness means that the author generating the work may not get first crack at setting audience expectation. How can the original author be viewed as taking liberties with the story the show told? Interesting.
At any rate, we are beyond the books, so anything goes. We are in a spoiler-free zone, although I still think it would be appropriate to NOT regurgitate online theories that have been the subject of someone's graduate thesis in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Though none of us can truly spoil the ending, you can still ruin the joy of discovery for those who don't want to "know" the credible theories of what's coming.

To the Scorecard:

At the Wall

Jon lies in a pool of his own blood. Ghost is howling, trying to get to his master. Davos is the only one who initially looks to see what's up, and he has Dolorous Edd and the boys take Jon's body to a room. They lay him out on a table and close his sightless eyes. Edd mentions that Thorne must have done this to Jon, and Davos understands that they need to start preparing for trouble. He suggests to Edd that he go free Ghost from the room where he's locked up, but before Edd can do so, they are visited by Melisandre. The Red Woman is visibly shaken by Jon's state. She had seen a future in which Jon was fighting at Winterfell, and his corpse must have her questioning her ability to know which direction to take.

Remember, she basically abandoned Stannis to his fate (after he burned his daughter alive) to return to the Wall. She seemed to have designs on Jon, and those designs are now ashes.

Meanwhile, Ser Alliser Thorne addresses most of the Night's Watch, to explain his rationale for stabbing his Lord Commander. In a scene that lends some depth to his character, Thorne explains that, while he believes that Jon was just doing what he thought was right, Thorne felt that Jon was moving their cheese too far. Thorne (and co-conspirators Bowen Marsh and Othell Yarwyck) have spent their whole adult lives fighting Wildlings, and Jon's vision of teaming up with the Wildlings against the Others was too far, too fast. Rookie mistake to not do some change management prep, Jon.

Edd and the other Jon supporters are planning to die honorably while trying to take out Thorne, but the Onion Knight speaks reason. He (Davos) suggests that Edd go get help, from some other folks that owe their lives to Jon.

My guess is Tormund Giantsbane will play The Wolf (he's thirty minutes away...he'll be there in twenty minutes). And he'll bring some friends.

Thorne bangs on the door where the Jon supporters are holed up, demanding that they lay down their arms. Davos stalls him, hoping for help from either Dolorous Edd and guests, or from Melisandre.

Melisandre is in her room looking into the flames, perhaps questioning what she sees there. I think we're all left questioning what she sees when she rises from the fire, strips naked, and then takes off her choker. Melisandre is old. Ancient, even. The choker either changes her appearance, or actually changes her age. Clearly, there is more to come in this story.

Winterfell

Ramsay is saying goodbye to his sweet dog girl, Miranda, killed by Theon when he decided to help Sansa escape. Ramsay seems to be getting emotional in his reminiscences, promising much torture for those responsible. And then, in the use of a classic romantic trope, he tells his man to feed her corpse to the dogs.

Roose compliments Ramsay on his victory over Stannis, but makes it very clear that beating Stannis doesn't mean much if he loses Theon and Sansa. Without Sansa, Ramsay can't produce an heir to the North...which would make Ramsay useless to Roose. He hold's his wife's pregnancy over Ramsay's head as a threat. If Roose has a son, Ramsay had best stop making mistakes.

Still, Ramsay is confident that his men and hounds will catch Theon and Sansa, and his faith is well justified. Theon tries to cover for Sansa, but the hounds' noses are hard at work, and it looks like it's back to Ramsay's fun and games for the two of them. (By the way, those ferocious hounds looked like they couldn't wait to get some petting and maybe a dog treat or two).

Not so fast, my friend. Here - finally - comes a break for Sansa. After Joffrey and the Hound, the marriage to Tyrion, Littlefinger and crazy Lysa, and then Ramsay...FINALLY! Brienne of Tarth and the redoubtable Podrick Payne show up to shed Bolton blood, and then Brienne pledges service to Sansa, who accepts it. Is this a turning point, or a setup to continued disappointment?

King's Landing

Cersei is excited to hear that a ship from Dorne is in the harbor. Surely it's bringing Myrcella back? Well...yes and no, Cersei.

Cersei gives us a glimpse into her sparkling childhood, spending her time wondering about the forensic details of the decomposition of her mother's corpse. And now she has the same question about the decay of her daughter's body.

In a human moment, Cersei points out that her daughter was sweet and pure, nothing like her (true, says Jaime), but when Jaime tries to take the blame for her death, Cersei tells him that the deaths of all three of her children were foretold by "the witch" (Maggie the Frog, by the way, saying "gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds").

Jaime gives her a fierce pep talk, promising a reckoning for anyone who has taken from them.

Meanwhile, the Sparrows have Margaery locked up, and the big Septa is looking to coerce a confession. Fortunately for Margaery, the High Sparrow steps in to lighten the mood. He sends the Septa away, and has a heart-to-heart with Margaery. He seems pleased that she is willing to admit to being a sinner, but he says she still has a long way to go.

Dorne

The departure of the storyline for Dorne continues in a big way. Without discussing the book details, suffice it to say that a lot of potentially significant storyline seems to have come to an end at the hands of the Sand Snakes and Ellaria Sand.

After treacherously killing Myrcella with poison, Ellaria and one of the Sand Snakes kill Areo Hotah and Prince Doran Martell, while two other Snakes kill Doran's son (and Myrcella's intended) Trystane.

The blood of Dorne runs hot, and Doran was a man playing the long game, so it's not surprising that Prince Oberyn's loved ones would be frustrated by Doran's seeming inaction after the death of Oberyn at the hands of Gregor Clegane. However, Dorne's storyline seemed headed for calm, clearheaded Game playing...but this ended abruptly with a chessboard-clearing move by some bloodthirsty women. And what a mundane ending for Areo Hotah, who was theoretically one of the biggest badasses around.

Meereen

Tyrion and Varys wander the streets in common attire, checking the pulse of the city. A man preaches to a crowd of former slaves, encouraging them to pick up the fight from the missing Daenerys. An alarm rings out, and the two run toward the alarm, against the flow of the fleeing. The harbor is on fire, and the ships that were to take them to Westeros are burning to the waterline.

Meanwhile, the dynamic duo of Jorah and Daario are searching for Daeny. They find signs of Drogon (burned bones of sheep), and in an amazing flash of luck, Jorah finds the ring Daeny dropped when she knew she was going to be taken. Does Jorah have any money? No, but he does possess a particular set of skills...

Let's see if he gets to use those skills before the grayscale gets him.

Daeny is a prisoner of Khal Moro, of the Dothraki. She is taken in front of him, and he's going to treat her poorly, but she proclaims that she is the widow of Khal Drogo. This is good in the short term, as it prevents her from being raped/whipped/miscellaneous. However, the widows are supposed to go to Vaes Dothrak and become one of the Dosh Khaleen - the withered old crones that outlive their husbands.

Bummer.

Braavos

Arya is still blind, her punishment for blaspheming against the Many-Faced God to take revenge on Meryn Trant (who was the Kingsguard that assaulted Syrio Forel way back in Season 1). She's on the streets of the city, begging for coins. The lady from the House of Black and White shows up to give her one of her two staffs...and then beat her bloody with the other one. "See you tomorrow", she tells Arya. The Faceless Men are not done with Arya, it seems.

Scenes From Next Week:

• Bran makes an appearance for the first time in over a season. It appears he is coming back from warging.
  • Cersei takes Ser Robert Strong out for a test drive...against the King's orders?
  • Sansa and Brienne talk about trying to find Arya
  • Arya blind fighting again, but someone catches one of her wild swings.
  • Ramsay explains to Roose that he believes Sansa is heading to Castle Black, which he intends to storm.
  • The High Sparrow meets an aggressive Jaime
  • The Night's Watch break down the door on Davos and company
  • A crossbow is fired at the Wall
  • Tyrion with a torch
  • A dragon with a bigger torch
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, that's another question altogether. I'm saying it's two different actresses. And I see no logical reason to think it's Melisandre.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I actually just finished rewatching all of the seasons, but one thing I'm still not clear on. When Melisandre abandons Stannis and heads for the Wall, what is it that made her realize she was wrong and Stannis was ****ed? Was it the moment they learn the sellswords deserted and took all the horses?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I actually just finished rewatching all of the seasons, but one thing I'm still not clear on. When Melisandre abandons Stannis and heads for the Wall, what is it that made her realize she was wrong and Stannis was ****ed? Was it the moment they learn the sellswords deserted and took all the horses?

it wasn't just that Stannis was screwed.

She realized HER interpretation of the vision she saw was wrong. It was partly that he was doomed but I think we also have to assume she re-assessed the vision of the Bolton Banners burning (which might have included horses by the way and since they were gone she would have known that victory was not Stannis') and determined it was Jon, not Stannis. Because she left and could have gone anywhere. Logically if you are simply escaping, the wall is not that place to go (its north, and cold, toward danger, and not a place for women generally). So something made her go to the wall specifically.

Then she believes it is Jon...and now she has had setback #2 to her vision. Thats why she is so distraught.

TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
quote:

it wasn't just that Stannis was screwed.

She realized HER interpretation of the vision she saw was wrong. It was partly that he was doomed but I think we also have to assume she re-assessed the vision of the Bolton Banners burning (which might have included horses by the way and since they were gone she would have known that victory was not Stannis') and determined it was Jon, not Stannis. Because she left and could have gone anywhere. Logically if you are simply escaping, the wall is not that place to go (its north, and cold, toward danger, and not a place for women generally). So something made her go to the wall specifically.

Then she believes it is Jon...and now she has had setback #2 to her vision. Thats why she is so distraught.

Agreed. That and IIRC, not a whole lot came through by sacrificing Stannis' daughter. I think she expected a lot more but instead the Bolton army ended up burning the camp. That seemed to be a "Oops I guess I got the wrong guy"..
dave94
AG
I'm surprised Davos was so cordial to her.
TX_AG_10
AG
He doesn't know what she did. He got sent to the Wall before everything went down.

Edit: But still, you're right.. He's never been a fan of hers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.