*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

160,680 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Watching the "After Thrones" show, they refer to Arya's scene and "the waif" turning into Jaqen H'ghar.

Couple questions: Were Jagen and the waif never shown together? I meant to rewatch last season, but never made it all the way through.

Second, they referred to him as "the faceless man." My understanding, or assumption, from the beginning of this storyline is that he is A faceless man, suggesting the existence of others. Is it more correct to think that he is the only faceless man, and Arya is training to become him like some kind of Giver/Receiver thing?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

They were shown together. Based on the blinding scene we know there are at least 2 faceless men that were training Arya.

Based on the show it appears that the waif and Jaqen are interchangeable faces that the faceless men can use. Like a generic face for everyday use.
PatAg
AG
Personally, I've never found these shows to provide me any useful knowledge and I usually disagree with their takes on episodes.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
quote:
I knew resurrection was coming, one way or another. I did not expect this mound of man to bash in brains randomly. When Jon came back, I said "there it is." During the Mountain scene, I yelled "holy ****." Troll and his rag doll takes consolation prize for me.

I realize and accept I am not some sort of cerebral consumer of GoT.
Not "random" at all. The guy was bad-mouthing Cersei. Strong is Cersei's protector.
I'm still wondering why Ser Robert Strong was even in the vicinity of the guy talking sh*t about Cersei instead of being at her side or guarding her door. That's what's random about this scene, but I guess they just threw that in to give us a laugh.
Stive
AG
From the scene where the guy was drunk bragging about showing his junk to Cersei, that the girls waiting tables were spying. I may be way off, but several times during that scene they focuses in on the women kind of smirking. I took it as they were filing it away to tell the powers that be.

Or all of that could have been pure fantasy in my mind.
AggieChemist
AG
wangus12
AG
quote:
Second, they referred to him as "the faceless man." My understanding, or assumption, from the beginning of this storyline is that he is A faceless man, suggesting the existence of others. Is it more correct to think that he is the only faceless man, and Arya is training to become him like some kind of Giver/Receiver thing?
No, they are a company of Assassin's. There a many of them. Its hard to tell though since they can all change their appearance
M.C. Swag
AG
Yea I think that was just a "hey viewers, this zombie franken-mountain can do more than stand in one place menacingly." Definitely seemed like nothing more than a scene to show he can crush a man's head without breaking a sweat.
BowSowy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I knew resurrection was coming, one way or another. I did not expect this mound of man to bash in brains randomly. When Jon came back, I said "there it is." During the Mountain scene, I yelled "holy ****." Troll and his rag doll takes consolation prize for me.

Not "random" at all. The guy was bad-mouthing Cersei. Strong is Cersei's protector.
I'm still wondering why Ser Robert Strong was even in the vicinity of the guy talking sh*t about Cersei instead of being at her side or guarding her door. That's what's random about this scene, but I guess they just threw that in to give us a laugh.
I'm not sure it really matters, anyway. It was a throwaway scene to show how strong Ser Strong is, and they had some dumb drunkard story as a way to justify his killing. Too many people look for meaning in everything in this show.
HDeathstar
Primarily just showing the level of offense that Sir Strong will respond too in his task of protecting the Kings Mother.

We already know he is violent. Now we know you cannot say anything mean about the King's Mother.

I think that is the point. Plus she can't leave the castle, so someone has to run her errands.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not sure it really matters, anyway. It was a throwaway scene to show how strong Ser Strong is, and they had some dumb drunkard story as a way to justify his killing. Too many people look for meaning in everything in this show.
The crown still has ears everywhere. Remember in season 1 that Joffrey had a minstrel's tongue cut out for singing a disparaging song
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
quote:
Littlefinger is probably second only to Ramsay in evilness, but dammit if I don't love his character. Hope we see him again soon.
He is a great actor. I really look forward to playing Quantum Break which has him in it

Tommy Carcetti, Lord of the Vale
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
We knew nothing about her age. Book reader?
She was betrothed to Robert, who is same age as Eddard. She seems older than Eddard in the flashback. How often was a medieval daughter betrothed to a younger man?
To be fair, girls go through puberty earlier than boys. They could've been close to the same age.
bangobango
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I took it as Cersei sent Strong to kill him. He'd probably been telling that story for awhile. Cersei is the kind to take that **** really personally, so she probably tracked the guy down and then had Strong kill him. I definitely don't think Strong was hanging out at the bar and overheard him and decided to kill him on his own. They would've showed him overhearing it if that's what they wanted to do, and I don't think Strong has enough personality left to do anything but what he is commanded to do.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
The crown still has ears everywhere. Remember in season 1 that Joffrey had a minstrel's tongue cut out for singing a disparaging song

So, who has taken over for Varys as spymaster now that he's taken his comedy act with Tyrion to Meereen?

I don't really care that they didn't set up the scene to make it clear how Strong came to be there. It did seem random, but I'll agree the obvious assumption is that he was ordered by someone to go take care of the guy in the marketplace who's talking sh*t about Cersei.

Frankly, I enjoyed the peasant's story, but I laughed when he turned around and you could hear his piss stream of justice hitting Strong's armor. And that offense would have been all that's necessary to provoke Strong to smash his head against the wall.
boy09
AG

These reviews are great if you've never checked them out before. Takes him a day or two after the ep to get them out, but they are top notch.
LB12Diamond
AG
I agree that was him just completing an assignment. All I thought last season when they made her walk of shame so long is her vengeance is going to be nasty. There will be many more that will be taken down. Might not be pretty.
Vernada
AG
quote:
I agree that was him just completing an assignment. All I thought last season when they made her walk of shame so long is her vengeance is going to be nasty. There will be many more that will be taken down. Might not be pretty.
You'd think between Jamie, Strong, the Kings Guard, and the Lannisters in general they'd be able to **** the Sparrows up pretty easily...
jbanda
AG
Do we have any idea how many club wielding sparrows there are?
The Debt
quote:
Watching the "After Thrones" show, they refer to Arya's scene and "the waif" turning into Jaqen H'ghar.

Couple questions: Were Jagen and the waif never shown together? I meant to rewatch last season, but never made it all the way through.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
You should watch last season again. The waif and the mentor talk to each other a few times, like regarding her failing her mission to poison the gambler on the docks. Then when arya kills Ser Pedo, the waif hold arya as the mentor is about to force the poison down Aryas throat to make it right with Death. The mentor takes the poison instead, then the another mentor shows up as Jacqen and blinds Arya.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
mikefromdilley
AG
quote:
quote:
You'd think between Jamie, Strong, the Kings Guard, and the Lannisters in general they'd be able to **** the Sparrows up pretty easily...
I think it's more involved that that, though. The Faith Militant is a religious organization charged with protecting the Faith of the Seven, not just an army. Imagine killing the Pope and everyone in the Vatican. How do you survive that, politically? You don't. The High Sparrow is revered by every poor person he's helped along the way. Even Highborns dare not speak/act against them because that would be sacrilegious. Now, I'm sure there's a breaking point, and Tommen's conversation with Cersei suggests we might be getting to that point soon. But if they attack Baelor's Sept and the High Sparrow, they should expect to deal with every lowborn in King's Landing as well.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
She was betrothed to Robert, who is same age as Eddard. She seems older than Eddard in the flashback. How often was a medieval daughter betrothed to a younger man?
To be fair, girls go through puberty earlier than boys. They could've been close to the same age.
POSSIBLE, MAYBE SPOILER from GAME OF THRONES WIKI (which is SUPPOSED to address show-only matters.

DO NOT read further or click, if you don't like the wiki

The wiki says that Lyanna is Eddard's younger sister. To me, she looked to be the elder by several years in Bran's time-travel/vision. Who knows. I was just surprised that she looked older.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Do we have any idea how many club wielding sparrows there are?
Remember that not all of the Sparrows are just "club wielding" peasants. Remember the negotiations between Cersei and the High Septon regarding the Crown's monetary debt to the Faith. In exchange for forgiveness of that debt, Cersei agreed to restoration of the Faith Militant, which had been outlawed for centuries and which had been a military order answerable only to the Faith. Perhaps analogous to the early Knights Templar.

Lancel is one of the new Faith Militant enforcers acting on behalf of the High Sparrow, and he is an anointed knight. The question is "How many are like Lancel?"
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
POSSIBLE, MAYBE SPOILER from GAME OF THRONES WIKI (which is SUPPOSED to address show-only matters.

DO NOT read further or click, if you don't like the wiki

The wiki says that she is Eddard's younger sister. To me, she looked to be the elder by several years in Bran's time-travel/vision. Who knows. I was just surprised that she looked older.
Based on age:

Brandon Stark>Eddard Stark>Lyanna Stark>Benjen Stark

Independent George
AG
Last season we got the Tyrion Varys and Dany team up and the dialogue there has been awesome.

Whos story lines would be great to see converge?

Jon and Brianne would be pretty strong. Two of the most noble and skilled characters in the show.

Little finger and Theon team up to take back Winterfell? Unlikely but Theon/little finger dialogue could be pretty good.
Independent George
AG
Has it been hinted at or straight up told what the agenda of the faceless men is?
wangus12
AG
quote:
Has it been hinted at or straight up told what the agenda of the faceless men is?
No. They have no agenda. They are straight up the best and most expensive assassin's in the world.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm looking forward to a Sansa and Jon reunion.

Would be the first Stark reunion since season one, unless I'm forgetting one. (Bran seeing Jon doesn't really count.)
FbgTxAg
AG
Pretty amazing that we've gone this long and there's really only one of the Stark children (including John) that is currently dead. Although Rickon might as well be dead as little as he has had to do with the story so far.

I suppose you can say that Arya is "dead" since she is now "no one," but that's semantics. She's not gonna end up back as Lord of Winterfell (unless an amazing set of events and plot twists occur).

And to chime in on a point from above - Sansa HAS to be pregnant, right? Ramsay pretty much had his way with her every night for well over a month, right? She would be carrying around a Bolton heir. Really gets interesting. Where's a planned parenthood when you need one.

AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
No. They have no agenda. They are straight up the best and most expensive assassin's in the world.
True, but I think that the "agenda" is their religion. The assassinations are just a way to fund the religion.
The Debt
I disagree. The multifaced god and it's religion isn't evangelical or imperial. They don't care if people worship the drowned god or the mother, all they care about is death and money.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I disagree. The multifaced god and it's religion isn't evangelical or imperial. They don't care if people worship the drowned god or the mother, all they care about is death and money.

Yeah they don't care what people believe in. They aren't fanatics who demand others to follow them.
The Debt
When Arya first met syrio and he explained the god of death, such a concept was so foreign to her. She had never even heard of a monotheism before.

If the bravoosi cared about spreading religion why has no one on westeros even heard of it. The only ones who know about that religion are those rich enough to travel to essos, or sailors.
TomHagensWife
Where is Bronn? Are we going to see Sam at the Citidel? Is Gendry still on a boat? What about Osha?
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah they don't care what people believe in. They aren't fanatics who demand others to follow them.
How is this inconsistent with what I said? They are not assassins with no agenda. They are devotees of a religion that essentially worships death, and they use the fees from their assassinations to fund their religion. Nowhere did I say that they are out proselytizing. A man must maintain a Temple, and a man must feed his assassins.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.