*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

160,655 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
Natasha Romanoff
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You know, I was sure they said it at one point in the last episode because I know I've heard it outside of spoiler/internet discussions, but I just looked up the script and I was wrong. So my apologies.
Sentinel
AG
No worries. Didn't know the scripts were released online. That's pretty cool. I'm gonna go have a look.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
hunter2012, you are being ridiculous asking for there to be no book mentions. You act like you created this thread and said "Obviously this is the show only so no book spoilers. we don't care if they've caught up, if it ain't in the show don't bring it here!" in the original post or something... jeez.

If only he had used plain English in the OP and thread title.
Swarely
quote:
quote:
hunter2012, you are being ridiculous asking for there to be no book mentions. You act like you created this thread and said "Obviously this is the show only so no book spoilers. we don't care if they've caught up, if it ain't in the show don't bring it here!" in the original post or something... jeez.

If only he had used plain English in the OP and thread title.

Sentinel
AG
Soooo how about that last episode?
Goldie Wilson
So who do you think is pulling a con? Umber? Arya? Both? Neither?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Since I didn't watch week to week last year I guess I kind of forgot how obtuse some of the book readers were on this board. Think I'll just go back to ignoring all GoT discussion on Texags.
Rudyjax
AG
It's really not that hard. Talk about the show as if the books didn't exsist.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
[Troll deleted. User banned--Staff]

JJxvi
AG
valar dohaeris
Rudyjax
AG
Back to the show....

Who was the guy that gave Rickon and Usha to Ramsay?

What's his story?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
You're admitting to trolling a thread about a TV show. Congrats?

I really don't see what some of you get out of doing this every single season. There are other entertainment boards out there so my heart will go on, but y'all are some serious ****ing dorks.
JJxvi
AG
quote:
Back to the show....

Who was the guy that gave Rickon and Usha to Ramsay?

What's his story?
Remember the guy who got his fingers bit off by a wolf then laughed about it? Thats his son.
smokeythebear
AG
quote:
quote:
The action isn't knocking Ned's honor. The legend is. There were only 2 survivors. So where did the story come from?
Myth, legend, and the local tavern. That the tower fight happened is known, especially in the North. Ned and his crew defeated some of the best of the King's Guard (at a heavy cost) including the best swordsman in the West. Since Ned wasn't apt to talk about, people would have naturally invented their own "well I heard that he...."
Ned always maintained that the guy was the best swordsman he ever faced (Kings Guard dude), probably his way of giving him his dues without selling out his friend for saving his life by stabbing the guy in the back. Ned is noble and honest, but he's also loyal. His loyalty to his friend, Howland Reed, probably trumped any feelings of guilt about the local tavern crew thinking Ned bested the guy one-on-one. For all we know, he repeatedly corrected the story by telling them it was Howland Reed that killed the fabled swordsman, but they didn't want to hear it.

Point being, Bran is learning that things that happened in the past are not always how he thought they happened.

1) Hodor was a regular boy that could talk.
2) His father should have died, had it not been for his buddy, Howland Reed, unfairly killing the best swordsman of the west.
3) Now Bran is interested to know what else happened differently than he had been told.

I expect there to be many more truths unearthed through the use of Bran's visions this season.
smokeythebear
AG
Also, just to connect the dots for some who aren't as good with names. Howland Reed is Meera Reed's father. So Bran would be extra excited to see him in his vision since Meera is outside of his tree waiting for him. I don't imagine Bran will tell her what he saw by saying "Your father cheated!". He'll probably say something more like "Your father saved my father's life!" Much like how she saved Bran's life multiple times during their journey north.
Sex Panther
AG
Cool, the thread has been ruined yet again. Time to check out.

I don't even know what some of the complaints are talking about, and plenty of show only watchers are whiny... But all it really boils down to is this; why do book readers come here in the first place, and more importantly... why do they feel the need to say anything?
redline248
AG
There's no such thing as cheating in life and death battle.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
There's no such thing as cheating in life and death battle.

Obviously true today. Completely false in GoT or any time/place (real or fictional) where one might find knights.
redline248
AG
It was even false then, and screw anyone dumb enough to let themselves die when they could have "cheated" to survive.
Trident 88
AG
I'm referring to the Code of Chivalry that knights vowed to adhere to. Don't be obtuse.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Bronn would laugh at you right now.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Bronn would laugh at you right now.

Haha... Indeed.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I love the cheating or not debate. I'm conflicted. Had one of the guys tagged him when it was 4:1, it would have been cool. But Reed's move was questionable.

All I know is if I'm Ned, I'm glad Reed did it.
Trident 88
AG
Im sure Ned is glad, but he didn't brag about it precisely because the kill wasn't honorable.

These days, he would have bought Howland a beer and thanked him publicly to celebrate how he saved his butt.
Sentinel
AG
Curious how this event affects his honor afterwards. Did it change him?
Trident 88
AG
I doubt it had any real effect on him, but I could understand if it made him honorable to a fault and ultimately caused his death due to his unwillingness to accept Geoffrey as king.
The Debt
quote:
[Troll deleted. User banned--Staff]

Sentinel
AG
That was my thought as well. He swore never to be dishonorable again.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I propose a TV vs Book Readers street fight. Similar the original Anchorman.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
That was my thought as well. He swore never to be dishonorable again.

But were they? It was 6:2 combat. It isn't like they snuck in an archer who sniped Daine from that odd tall building thing. Daine should have kept his barring; 1 of those 5 guys could easily not be dead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Missed it. What'd he say?
aggiebonzo
AG
What was the ban hammer for?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
He's been a ****** all day.
The Debt
quote:
Missed it. What'd he say?

Idk. I was at dinner
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Book readers vs Show watchers thread deleted? Only a matter of time I suppose.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.