Michael Earley

74,475 Views | 421 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by annie88
RED AG 98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sterling82 said:

RED AG 98 said:

New tidbit however -- Earley and Vaughn played minor league ball together. Isn't that neat?

Was it true that Earley would come back if Skip was hired?
I do not know. Seems like Earley wants back in some capacity though, and I really hope the current and former players sounding off is enough to make it happen.
DallasAg 94
Jace has no less than 4 reposts of people declaring to bring back Earley.

https://x.com/JaceLaViolette2

RED AG 98
AG
I knew Vaughn was a Texas boy.... I did not know, however, his dad played baseball at Texas A&M.

Man, Vaughn + Early would dynamite.
agcrock2005
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Jace has no less than 4 reposts of people declaring to bring back Earley.

https://x.com/JaceLaViolette2

Seeing all these current and former players speak out like this, bring that **** to home plate Trev! Keep the team together, isolate one of the "stolen four" from t.u. and whip their asses while they look like villains!
The Marksman
AG
Give me Rob Vaughn and Michael Earley and I will absolutely lose it at their intro press conference. Those guys will win a natty here.
1991sir
Did Vaughn interview?
agcrock2005
AG
nm
MosesHallRAB04
AG
trouble said:

He told at least one of them that he'd make them the fall guy for any recruiting violations if it came out. I think that was Earley.

If this is true you'd think it would be possible that coach wouldn't follow him. If your boss threatens you like that I'd think you'd tell him to pound sand. I understand following to keep a job but looking. But after a threat like that?
LB12Diamond
AG
RED AG 98 said:

New tidbit however -- Earley and Vaughn played minor league ball together. Isn't that neat?

Vaughn is from Humble TX.
RED AG 98
AG
LB12Diamond said:

RED AG 98 said:

Born in Corpus; raised in Humble
FTAG 2000
AG
MosesHallRAB04 said:

trouble said:

He told at least one of them that he'd make them the fall guy for any recruiting violations if it came out. I think that was Earley.

If this is true you'd think it would be possible that coach wouldn't follow him. If your boss threatens you like that I'd think you'd tell him to pound sand. I understand following to keep a job but looking. But after a threat like that?

Imagine it all happened two months after the hiring cycle for your industry.
swimmerbabe11
Sean98 said:

dcg4403 said:

OutdoorAg said:

Since I started this post before all the tweets started rolling in, I think I'll take credit if Early is hired. If he comes back and brings all the boys back, I'll expect a national championship ring as well next year.

Before you take credit, make sure you know how to spell his name. I smell a fair weather fan.
You calling Schott a fair weather fan?? Because he misspelled it too.

More of a bandwagon fan, since he waited to root for A&M until the year they nearly won it all.
BiochemAg97
AG
themissinglink said:

The Hallettsville Hammer speaksโ€ฆ

Ryan going to come back as a grad assistant?
Mister Mystery Guest
Weiner was the ring leader on the betrayal, next to Schloss. The pitchers are pissed at him. Surprised me to learn of this. I was really impressed with the job he did and his positive vibes during mound visits. But it turned that night after game three when a few of the pitchers got called upstairs to visit with Weiner and Schloss. Notice how many pitchers have doubled down on how they're staying at A&M.
aggiebutterfly
AG
I was bummed to hear Weiner was the ring leader. And at this point how can you not bring Earley back in some capacity?
Mule
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

The former players endorsing him is pretty huge, if he can bring Max Weiner back with him too it would be a slam dunk for me.
Texas Aggies
agcrock2005
AG
FriscoKid
AG
The players respect him more than their previous *coach. This seems like a no-brainer and I bet most of the guys get out of the portal to run it back next year.
Muy
AG
trouble said:

Here's his new headshot for their website. Shirt might as say help

Damn, he needs to get back to God's country.
AggieArchitect04
AG
He looks depressed. Someone get that man some Zoloft.
sharpdressedman
This thread is as enlightening as the sun is bright.

Clearly, trouble has done very meaningful research through her contact(s), and vander has long been highly credible. Add the testimonials about Earley from multiple players, and the decision to hire him seems compelling.

Regarding the conspiracy, I am confident that a fair portion of TA's interview with Earley resembled a deposition, with fact finding and determining the best options, both offensive and defensive, as necessary, available to the program being of great importance.

Moreover, I believe that Earley would never have interviewed for an A&M position if he had been complicit with JS's treachery.

I am very comfortably in the "Hire Earley" camp.

southwestag
Seen this play out many times - likable good cop assistant gets support from players to stay as or become head coach

Administration gives in but offers shorter contract as they have the power to spin him whatever direction they want basically until assistant proves himself
Charlie 31
AG
Muy said:

trouble said:

Here's his new headshot for their website. Shirt might as say help

Damn, he needs to get back to God's country.

That is not the look of a happy assistant coach.
dcg4403
AG
aggiebutterfly said:

I was bummed to hear Weiner was the ring leader. And at this point how can you not bring Earley back in some capacity?

Wow! This is news to me. Makes me sad for him actually. We loved the Weiner and his undeniable smile. But if this is true, go F urself. You fit perfectly under the tutelage of the biggest frauds of them all. Weiners can be replaced by bigger weiners.
Sea Pony 07
AG
dcg4403 said:

aggiebutterfly said:

Wow! This is news to me. Makes me sad for him actually. We loved the Weiner and his undeniable smile. But if this is true, go F urself. You fit perfectly under the tutelage of the biggest frauds of them all. Weiners can be replaced by bigger weiners.

That might explain why the pitchers are rumored to be so pissed about Weiner.
themissinglink
AG
RED AG 98 said:

LB12Diamond said:

RED AG 98 said:

Robert Earl Vaughn

Having the initials REV, feels like he was born to coach here.

Edit: Dad played here
Quote:

I was born in Texas but lived [for] seven years up in Alaska. My dad was in the oil business so we lived up in Anchorage. I played hockey did that for seven years. I played baseball up there but it was gravel fields. I mean Alaska baseball is probably about what you think it is. We moved back down to Texas when I was seven. My dad played baseball at Texas A&M so it was always kind of in my blood a little bit.
Andy Sawyer hired him for his first job as a graduate coach link
LB12Diamond
AG
themissinglink said:

RED AG 98 said:

LB12Diamond said:

RED AG 98 said:

Robert Earl Vaughn

Having the initials REV, feels like he was born to coach here.

I think we know his parents favorite musician.

As far as Max trying to steal our pitchers right after the final game. You are a POS as well. Remember Schloss's BS in his sip PC that he reacted that way to Zane for the PLAYERS. The more that comes out the worse it's going to be for them. Sure Schloss, you reacted that way for the players and just a little later were talking to those players on leaving for Texas. No wonder you high tailed it out of here as soon as you got off that bus. Coward.
DallasAg 94
Once he and his wife looked at the CoL in Austin... any raise he was getting was probably a wash, at his level.

Also, there was an up and coming college baseball coach who told his young daughter that if his job ever got in the way of him being a dad...he'd quit it.

One day she told him after returning from a recruiting trip, that she missed him.

He left to coach HS baseball.

If Early has a young family and was facing a new job in Austin starting fresh recruiting... imagine the traffic and time added away from home.

This is supposed to be the offseason...he should be getting a nice raise from A&M, and now he is forced to hit the road with no break? Getting to know all of his new players and working new relationships... when he could just take a break and enjoy some summer with his wife?!

Unlike Schloss... maybe Earley is thinking his family is more important, than to "abandon" for his career.
trouble
AG
Esp if you've spent much time with him. He's a happy fellow.
RED AG 98
AG
The Swinney story: Something to consider as Alberts' search continues | TexAgs
jaxisback
Generally, you are right.

In this case, I'm not sure I've seen this level of unanimous and vocal support for an assistant coach from, essentially the entire current team, all of their parents AND a large and running block of former players.

I think at a minimum you have to take notice of that and consider it seriously. After all, who really has the gauge on his honesty and integrity if not this group?

Now, I'm sure Earley's a good guy and that factors in on this support. You can't solely hire a guy because he's good at some elements of the job and he's a great person. That's where Trev comes in, he's got to take in the obvious good things about Earley and assess the likelihood that he can also grow into a command of the currently unknowns.

The support of all those familiar with him though is absolutely an important and meaningful part of the overall package.
trouble
AG
rolo
If Trev Albert's ****s up this hireโ€ฆ he gone?
StinkyPinky
AG
Earley has the opportunity to cement himself as an absolute legend in Aggie lore if he comes back. I hope he pulls through and makes the splash!
StinkyPinky
AG
trouble said:

Love this momentum with the right supporting cast trying to will it to happen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.