Michael Earley

75,786 Views | 421 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by annie88
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do this.

It just FEELS right.
OutdoorAg
AG
Since I started this post before all the tweets started rolling in, I think I'll take credit if Early is hired. If he comes back and brings all the boys back, I'll expect a national championship ring as well next year.
rolo
rolo
ColoradoMooseHerd
The former players endorsing him is pretty huge, if he can bring Max Weiner back with him too it would be a slam dunk for me.
RED AG 98
AG
Baseball is a much different animal than football and I don't think this is all that similar to the Erob situation. I'm great with an Earley hire if it keeps the band together. My ideal scenario is elite pitching HC with Earley as the Associate HC but I'm good with Earley HC if he can bring in a great staff.
dcg4403
AG
OutdoorAg said:

Since I started this post before all the tweets started rolling in, I think I'll take credit if Early is hired. If he comes back and brings all the boys back, I'll expect a national championship ring as well next year.

Before you take credit, make sure you know how to spell his name. I smell a fair weather fan.
zgolfz85
AG
Everyone wants this to happen, players, fans and the baseball community. No brainer. Do it trev
BucketofBalls99
What are the chances that if you bring back Early, you can maybe persuade Cain and/or Wiener to come back also especially if they are not haply under Sh:tsnagle??

Just a thought….
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
trouble said:

He has not signed a contract
He left to follow Jim without a signed contract?....that was double pay?
BucketofBalls99
Someone needs to send Trev the link to this thread
AggieBB
AG
4 said:

themissinglink said:

The Marksman said:

I only want him back if he didn't know anything about the traitor. If he knew, I never want to see his face again. If he didn't know, as some have suggested, I'd love him back as assistant.
He did not look happy to be in Austin.

I don't get this.

He didn't have to go.

So just, be unemployed?
92_Ag
AG
trouble said:

Do you know if any of the others have?
rolo
Makes sense he seems apprehensive. He's a family man, wife and kids. College station is a more conducive environment to raise his kids, I would imagine him and his wife have many friends here now and have made a community bond
trouble
AG
Contracts are not usually done immediately. That's part of why no one believes CDC's timeline.
DallasAg 94
trouble said:

He didn't sign an NDA. And possibly not his contract for the sips.

So does that mean he is still employed by A&M?!
1stGenAg01
AG
8e8Ag said:

Some kind of Earley, Cain, Pennington, Barash combo?

Bring it!
Eliminatus
AG
NO ONE has more cause to be bitter than the players and their families right now. And if there is a ton of support for Early, even after all of this, from them...we should pay attention.

There is also some unknowns here. I thought Zane's question was idiotic in the moment. Once it became clear there was an actual reason to ask from TA, it of course is vindicated. I was ignorant to the background behind that question. This could be true here as well. I wanted Early gone and good riddance. However, several people in the program and media, to include Billy, have said at least one of those three coaches was completely blindsided as well. I think we can guess who that might be in hindsight.

I don't know if any of yall have caught an unexpected layoff with a possible ****ty pivot as a way out but it flat out sucks. I've been there. Going from literally planning a tour in the morning to look at a house to grow old and die in to being told you no longer have a job here but hey there is a position on the other side of the country in a massive city you hate and oh by the way you have till close of business in 90 minutes to figure it out. Ugh. The difference is that I was single with no family.

I say all that because if it is true that Early got ambushed just like we did and had less than a day to make a possibly career defining decision WHILE being a good father who needs to do his best for his family....then that of course makes it all extremely forgivable and understandable and double **** you to Schloss for hurting yet another person.
92_Ag said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

92_Ag said:

trouble said:

He told at least one of them that he'd make them the fall guy for any recruiting violations if it came out. I think that was Earley.
If A&M does re-hire him, expect those "violation investigations" to be demanded by tu shortly thereafter.

We've seen this script already.
Violation investigations demanded by tu? You think tu wants to out themselves? Maybe there's an angle here that I am missing, why are you thinking tu would demand investigations?
I expect if they had any intent on following through on the threat tying the "recruiting violations" around Earley's neck, they'd attempt to do so after he's head coach.
That action would implicate tu. Then tu has institutional violations as a result. I don't think CDC would take the threat that far because then that action is proving A&M employees working for tu and that's a whole different can of worms.
agent-maroon
AG
This time yesterday I would have ridiculed any thoughts of bringing any of those assistants back in any capacity. But you can't deny these tweets are a pretty impressive database of references. Just don't know what to believe anymore with these guys (schlossnozzle being the exception as he's VERY obviously a POS). His body language & facial expression in that photo. The obvious love & trust of his former players. He appears to be a happy family man. Hell, trusted poster Trouble is solid in her support.

Trust in Trev and the interview process, I guess...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
I have not heard. I'll ask
Sean98
AG
dcg4403 said:

OutdoorAg said:

Before you take credit, make sure you know how to spell his name. I smell a fair weather fan.
You calling Schott a fair weather fan?? Because he misspelled it too.
LB12Diamond
AG
Earley does not have to be the head coach to bring him back. He might not want that additional pressure.

Trev is hopefully skilled enough to interview with other head coaches and explain everything without them getting offended.
trouble
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

trouble said:

He didn't sign an NDA. And possibly not his contract for the sips.

So does that mean he is still employed by A&M?!

I would think no. But I'm not nearly educated enough in employment law and such
rsf0626
I know you cant let the inmates run the asylum but there is A LOT of support rn for Michael Earley by current and former player. That has to mean something
OutdoorAg
AG
dcg4403 said:

OutdoorAg said:

Good catch. If you look at my original post, you'll see I spelled his name correctly. My mistake.
Aston 91
AG
While screwing over Benedict Arnoldnagle shouldn't be our primary concern, if our coaching decision leaves him without a staff that would be a nice little schadenfreude.
Sean98
AG

trouble said:

usually the way this would happen is the HC would be given an assistant coach salary pool. POS can allocate as he sees fit. If his pool is double what it was, then he could promise them double the money even if they haven't seen a contract.
90ags
Apparently Trev will vet coach choice wth players for final approval…to retain as many as possible. We'll see how true that is.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
trouble said:

Contracts are not usually done immediately. That's part of why no one believes CDC's timeline.
Interesting. Thanks!
Sterling82
LB12Diamond said:

Sterling82 said:

Agsncws said:

Some people........what the hell would you have done in Earley's case? You're gonna turn down a secured job with increase pay to..........SEE if you have a job in College Station once the dust settles? If you say yes, you're LYING. He's doing what he needs to do to look out for his family. Period. If you dont see that.....there's probably very little in the world and human nature you do understand.

I'm not sure everyone would go if they knew they were following a scumbag leaving in such an unethical way. But I imagine he had a chance to discuss where his mind was during the interview.

We got a bad ass right here everyone.

Ha ha! Says the guy who's so perceptive he spent all of Tuesday telling everyone how Slosh was staying. How that statement is supposed to be badass is beyond reason.
dcg4403
AG
All good. Trying to have a little fun through all this chaos and negativity. Sure hope we have a coach tomorrow and can focus on our players and team once again!!
histag10
AG
ColoradoMooseHerd said:

The former players endorsing him is pretty huge, if he can bring Max Weiner back with him too it would be a slam dunk for me.

The lack of pitchers lining up to follow him makes me think he may not be the best...
Sean98 said:

trouble said:

usually the way this would happen is the HC would be given an assistant coach salary pool. POS can allocate as he sees fit. If his pool is double what it was, then he could promise them double the money even if they haven't seen a contract.
Interesting. Foreign stuff to me.

In my career/industry, the contract was signed before you presented a notice to your employer. You didn't leave your role without a signed contract. "Promises" carried no weight in our industry.
TarponChaser
Earley has been a great hitting coach and it sounds like he'd keep the roster together, but…

…wasn't he allegedly one of the dudes going around trying to recruit players and texting them NIL offers on a burner phone???

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.