Michael Earley

75,794 Views | 421 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by annie88
IslanderAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
L8HIT said:

He is being interviewed for the head coach position? He has never been the head coach before and we are good with this? I'm genuinely curious what you guys have to say. TIA

TN was Vitello's first HC gig. Just sayin.
themissinglink
AG
An endorsement from one of my favorite former players…
Ag_EE_88
AG
Well, he likely isn't going to be coaching there now…..interviewing here gonna mean he's the bad guy there. As for going along because he'd be out of a job otherwise, with as well regarded as he is, he could easily have found a new job.

And wouldn't be surprised if they say it was all his doing with the recruiting violations and we get stuck with sanctions or something. That's how tu operates.
92_Ag
AG
AggiePetro07 said:

[…sic…]

Those guys didn't look like they took their dream job. It looks like they just left it aboard the HMS Satan.

Just my opinion.
Agreed and two of them looked like they had to don shirts retrieved from the tu "lost and found".
HarryRocket
Question 1: Is he willing to show us where the bodies are?
Question 2: will you show us receipts?
Question 3: what statement are you willing to make?
MatthewRothell
AG

txamag89
AG
If Early is not, at least, on our staff? we are stupid. No one knows better than the players what a person is like. If they all love home this icy, and he loves A&M this much, give him a chance. I want an Aggie that wants to be here every bit as much as I want a"splash hire". We get the players back and we are likely in Omaha again, with a guy that would run through walls for. Ask UT how the Vitello hire is going.
MR Gadsden
So let me get this straight, when we hire assistant coaches wouldn't they have independent contracts from the head coach? So if the HC bails like the slimeball did, Early would still be employed by A&M, right? He didn't have to go to Austin immediately. So I don't buy this, he has a young family BS. He could have stuck around and let things play out, put feelers out just in case the new coach didn't want to keep him, but I would assume there would be a buyout or severance due him if that was the case. Or maybe I'm wrong and these assistants have contracts based on the head coaches employment. In which case that would be the ****tiest situation ever.
themissinglink
AG
Jace retweeted the Hire Earley tweets
Ft Worth Ag
AG
92_Ag said:

trouble said:

He told at least one of them that he'd make them the fall guy for any recruiting violations if it came out. I think that was Earley.
If A&M does re-hire him, expect those "violation investigations" to be demanded by tu shortly thereafter.

We've seen this script already.

LDRSHIP - Obviously something missing at A&M with JS as the HC.

If Texas were to throw a stink and wanted an investigation, then the results would also be damning of Texas and JS. Both are suffering from credibility issues, and JS was the captain of the sip/program. Why didn't he maintain control? Will upcoming coaches want to work with JS if he is known to throw people to the fish?
barstoolexpert
I would love Earley. A&M needs that guy who's been the head coach for 20+ seasons at the helm. You have to start young for that to happen. Love Pop in San Antonio, Gundy at Okie State, etc. keeps this team the most in tact as possible, sheds a negative light to Schloss, and gives us a young HC that can build something special. Growing pains are to be expected but whatever. A&M has to get past this "money whip" a well known coach stuff in all sports
TxAgMom17
dcg4403 said:

Why would we want ANY of them back? Really?

Do any Aggies learn from past mistakes? Seriously??

This is crazy. No way in hell they didnt know. And no way in hell if they were clueless that we want them back.

Did Schloss hold a gun to his head? He easily could have stayed or waited. Guy would have been hired across most any SEC team and beyond.

His committment to Aggieland is NOT greater than his commitment to the Snake. F him for that reason.

Lets get a fresh start with no association to Schloss in ANY way.
They've talked to the players, and they like Earley and wanted him back. They know him, they believe in him, and they apparently trust him.

He and Cain didn't just look like hostages in that photo; they looked like they were standing in front of a firing squad.

Clearly, they didn't WANT to leave, but they have families to feed and bills to pay just like you do, and they weren't guaranteed anything if they stayed here and just hung out, waiting for a payday that might not come.

Just think of them as currently being 'in the portal,' waiting for someone (A&M) to rescue them from the evil Voldemort's 'Death Eaters.'
Ag_EE_88
AG
With as much support as he's got, probably should hire him…. Since there is no guarantee anyone will work out, he's got as good a shot as every one else to keep us where we are at and keep the momentum.
themissinglink
AG
MR Gadsden said:

So let me get this straight, when we hire assistant coaches wouldn't they have independent contracts from the head coach? So if the HC bails like the slimeball did, Early would still be employed by A&M, right? He didn't have to go to Austin immediately. So I don't buy this, he has a young family BS. He could have stuck around and let things play out, put feelers out just in case the new coach didn't want to keep him, but I would assume there would be a buyout or severance due him if that was the case. Or maybe I'm wrong and these assistants have contracts based on the head coaches employment. In which case that would be the ****tiest situation ever.
The problem is new coaches want to their own guy. Not retaining Earley would be stupid but you never know. He had a guaranteed raise offer at his new job offer and an unstable situation at his existing position.
annie88
AG
he hasn't updated his Instagram or Twitter yet. Even though he's already on the tu site.

TAMU1990
AG
trouble said:

Associate HC, I believe
Hire him and get him here asap until we have a HC
trouble
AG
I know! I've been looking.

I won't lie. I really really really like him. He's always been nice and personable. His family loves it here. He's just a good dude.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
92_Ag said:

trouble said:

He told at least one of them that he'd make them the fall guy for any recruiting violations if it came out. I think that was Earley.
If A&M does re-hire him, expect those "violation investigations" to be demanded by tu shortly thereafter.

Violation investigations demanded by tu? You think tu wants to out themselves? Maybe there's an angle here that I am missing, why are you thinking tu would demand investigations?
The Marksman
AG
Ok, I'm all in
GO GET EARLEY TREV
vander54
S
Cain is the only one that knew apparently
World's worst proofreader
phatbc
I don't know what the future holds. But I'll tell you what, this sounds like the right move.

If the former and current players are unanimously saying this…it seems like he was the real heart and soul of the staff. Schloss was just the CEO….

So if we liked the level of our recent success…
barstoolexpert
Earley is perfect. Can we do the same thing we did with Stoops to force administration to hire him?
TAMU1990
AG
themissinglink said:

MR Gadsden said:

The problem is new coaches want to their own guy. Not retaining Earley would be stupid but you never know. He had a guaranteed raise offer at his new job offer and an unstable situation at his existing position.
Any new coach who doesn't want our roster to be retained is nuts. This happens with Earley.
MR Gadsden
themissinglink said:

MR Gadsden said:

I understand but what I'm saying is he wouldn't just automatically be unemployed, unless for whatever reason his contract was written that way. I'm saying he had options.

The way this whole thing went down, he might not have had time to realize that he had options.

Its a ****ty situation to be put in, for sure.
Phone bill
Just have one question. Is he still employed by Texas? If so that will be a no for me dawg.
trouble
AG
He has not signed a contract
8e8Ag
AG
Some kind of Earley, Cain, Pennington, Barash combo?
rolo
AgBQ-00
AG
trouble said:

He has not signed a contract

No NDA no contract. Does he have access to the goods to burn sip to the ground? Like maybe texts recruits and current players could provide? Hmmmmmmmm
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
PA24
AG
Quite the references, let's do it!

HC
92_Ag
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

92_Ag said:

trouble said:

Violation investigations demanded by tu? You think tu wants to out themselves? Maybe there's an angle here that I am missing, why are you thinking tu would demand investigations?
I expect if they had any intent on following through on the threat tying the "recruiting violations" around Earley's neck, they'd attempt to do so after he's head coach.
trouble
AG
I don't know. I would assume he has something.
Phone bill
I'm in! Bring him back. No brainer.
Big-D
AG
Now that would be a smart hire. Agree with others. The players seem to be supportive.
AggieBB
AG
Sterling82 said:

The problem I would have bringing any of them back as an assistant is it would feel like a sham way to get a raise. They aren't coming back for what they were making. They probably deserve a raise but they didn't bother to stick around to see what we would offer…just jumped in the clown car and took off with slosh.

I would not mind Early coming back at an elevated position.

You don't seem to understand how it works with asst coaches when the head coach leaves. They don't have the option to "stick around."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.