Michael Earley

75,777 Views | 421 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by annie88
John E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
histag10 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

The former players endorsing him is pretty huge, if he can bring Max Weiner back with him too it would be a slam dunk for me.

The lack of pitchers lining up to follow him makes me think he may not be the best...
I hate that smiling thing he does.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
histag10 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

The former players endorsing him is pretty huge, if he can bring Max Weiner back with him too it would be a slam dunk for me.

The lack of pitchers lining up to follow him makes me think he may not be the best...
I'm glad to read your post. I'm thinking the same about Max. Posts in other threads were basically saying he was a data guy, didn't play the game, not a pitcher, etc. etc. I wonder what his job was? Since the Pitchers aren't moving toward him, something doesn't seem right..
AgBQ-00
AG
No. That was Cain
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
FTAG 2000
AG
histag10 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

When the analytics guy shares his software and algorithms with the support staff, do you really need him to read the spreadsheet?
LB12Diamond
AG
TarponChaser said:

Earley has been a great hitting coach and it sounds like he'd keep the roster together, but…

…wasn't he allegedly one of the dudes going around trying to recruit players and texting them NIL offers on a burner phone???

Think about this one.

If he were doing that one. Would the players want him back.
FTAG 2000
AG
TarponChaser said:

Earley has been a great hitting coach and it sounds like he'd keep the roster together, but…

…wasn't he allegedly one of the dudes going around trying to recruit players and texting them NIL offers on a burner phone???

Cain.
1991sir
They may like Max, but hate schloss.. apparently schloss had no rapport with the pitchers. If max is apart of the whole illegal recruiting, he isn't going to waltz back here. But if he wasn't apart of it he might actually have interest in coming back.
Commander Gorn
AG
The player tweets have swayed me
AggieBB
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

L8HIT said:

He is being interviewed for the head coach position? He has never been the head coach before and we are good with this? I'm genuinely curious what you guys have to say. TIA

TN was Vitello's first HC gig. Just sayin.

TN was garbage when they hired TV. Had nothing to lose.

TAMU1990
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

92_Ag said:

92_Ag said:

trouble said:

He told at least one of them that he'd make them the fall guy for any recruiting violations if it came out. I think that was Earley.
If A&M does re-hire him, expect those "violation investigations" to be demanded by tu shortly thereafter.

We've seen this script already.
Violation investigations demanded by tu? You think tu wants to out themselves? Maybe there's an angle here that I am missing, why are you thinking tu would demand investigations?
I expect if they had any intent on following through on the threat tying the "recruiting violations" around Earley's neck, they'd attempt to do so after he's head coach.
That action would implicate tu. Then tu has institutional violations as a result. I don't think CDC would take the threat that far because then that action is proving A&M employees working for tu and that's a whole different can of worms.
Show CDC the screenshots and tell him to **** off. We'll bury you.
Sterling82
AggieBB said:

Sterling82 said:

The problem I would have bringing any of them back as an assistant is it would feel like a sham way to get a raise. They aren't coming back for what they were making. They probably deserve a raise but they didn't bother to stick around to see what we would offer…just jumped in the clown car and took off with slosh.

I would not mind Early coming back at an elevated position.

You don't seem to understand how it works with asst coaches when the head coach leaves. They don't have the option to "stick around."

It's not unheard of. Slosh left. They weren't fired. And if you are an assistant coming on a team with our success the no other option is hardly plausible. If anything it sounds more like he was coerced from some of the posts.
powerbelly
AG

histag10 said:

ColoradoMooseHerd said:

I'm glad to read your post. I'm thinking the same about Max. Posts in other threads were basically saying he was a data guy, didn't play the game, not a pitcher, etc. etc. I wonder what his job was? Since the Pitchers aren't moving toward him, something doesn't seem right..

He pitched at FIU.
TAMU1990
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Earley does not have to be the head coach to bring him back. He might not want that additional pressure.

Trev is hopefully skilled enough to interview with other head coaches and explain everything without them getting offended.
Tell him you want that roster in tact? We're hiring Earley to make that happen.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
TAMU1990 said:

92_Ag said:

92_Ag said:

trouble said:

He told at least one of them that he'd make them the fall guy for any recruiting violations if it came out. I think that was Earley.
If A&M does re-hire him, expect those "violation investigations" to be demanded by tu shortly thereafter.

Violation investigations demanded by tu? You think tu wants to out themselves? Maybe there's an angle here that I am missing, why are you thinking tu would demand investigations?
I expect if they had any intent on following through on the threat tying the "recruiting violations" around Earley's neck, they'd attempt to do so after he's head coach.
That action would implicate tu. Then tu has institutional violations as a result. I don't think CDC would take the threat that far because then that action is proving A&M employees working for tu and that's a whole different can of worms.
Yep. If CDC threatens. Show him the shots. ... I like your style....very similar to mine!
AggieBB
AG
1991sir said:

They may like Max, but hate schloss.. apparently schloss had no rapport with the pitchers. If max is apart of the whole illegal recruiting, he isn't going to waltz back here. But if he wasn't apart of it he might actually have interest in coming back.

Max isn't coming back. Theres more than a few players that desperately want to kick his ass right now
TAMU1990
AG

TAMU1990 said:

92_Ag said:

92_Ag said:

trouble said:

Yep. If CDC threatens. Show him the shots. ... I like your style....very similar to mine!
Thank you!
AgBQ-00
AG
AggieBB said:

1991sir said:

Max isn't coming back. Theres more than a few players that desperately want to kick his ass right now

Do tell
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.
HarryRocket
Start the presser…

First, we want to thank Austin and Chris Del Conte for trimming the fat of our program….
TarponChaser
LB12Diamond said:

TarponChaser said:

Think about this one.

If he were doing that one. Would the players want him back.

Stuff gets weird man and I'm just going off of what was going around. There's so much out there it difficult to track.
COYOTE1213
MR Gadsden said:

themissinglink said:

MR Gadsden said:

So let me get this straight, when we hire assistant coaches wouldn't they have independent contracts from the head coach? So if the HC bails like the slimeball did, Early would still be employed by A&M, right? He didn't have to go to Austin immediately. So I don't buy this, he has a young family BS. He could have stuck around and let things play out, put feelers out just in case the new coach didn't want to keep him, but I would assume there would be a buyout or severance due him if that was the case. Or maybe I'm wrong and these assistants have contracts based on the head coaches employment. In which case that would be the ****tiest situation ever.
The problem is new coaches want to their own guy. Not retaining Earley would be stupid but you never know. He had a guaranteed raise offer at his new job offer and an unstable situation at his existing position.

I understand but what I'm saying is he wouldn't just automatically be unemployed, unless for whatever reason his contract was written that way. I'm saying he had options.

The way this whole thing went down, he might not have had time to realize that he had options.

Its a ****ty situation to be put in, for sure.

He would automatically be unemployed as soon as his contract ends. Likely that is soon.
JFABNRGR
AG
Why would a coach allow pictures to be taken and public notices that you are now part of the new coaching staff if you are not?
“You can resolve to live your life with integrity. Let your credo be this: Let the lie come into the world, let it even triumph. But not through me.”
- Alexander Solzhenitsyn
92_Ag
AG

TAMU1990 said:

92_Ag said:

92_Ag said:

trouble said:

I agree with you and we're on the same side, I'm just also considering that quote by George Bernard Shaw - "Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it". While we want to the keep the circus in their town, I am not convinced they wouldn't just try to drag A&M into the big top even if it has potential to harm themselves.

This whole miscalculated set of antics is proof enough that they don't worry about ramifications much. Perhaps the beating they're taking from talking heads will change that? I'm not convinced is all.
FTAG 2000
AG
Sip ain't gonna do jack. Go ahead Doiuchenagle, coaches have the receipts to show you directed it all.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
AggieBB said:

1991sir said:

Why
RED AG 98
AG
1. Vaughn HC + Earley AHC
2a. Skip HC + Earley AHC
2b. Earley HC + staff tbd

I'd take any of those right now.
RED AG 98
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

AggieBB said:

1991sir said:

Why
Only 1 pitcher is even in the portal at this point. Sure seems like there is some smoke...
dcg4403
AG
agent-maroon said:

This time yesterday I would have ridiculed any thoughts of bringing any of those assistants back in any capacity. But you can't deny these tweets are a pretty impressive database of references. Just don't know what to believe anymore with these guys (schlossnozzle being the exception as he's VERY obviously a POS). His body language & facial expression in that photo. The obvious love & trust of his former players. He appears to be a happy family man. Hell, trusted poster Trouble is solid in her support.

Trust in Trev and the interview process, I guess...

I am in the same exact boat. My mind is changing about the assistants. I just want to keep our core baseball team and deny POS and the Bevo he sits on the players they SO desperately need to be immediately relevant.

Heefner + Earley....that is my desired pairing!!
Ag00Ag
AG
COYOTE1213 said:

MR Gadsden said:

themissinglink said:

MR Gadsden said:

So let me get this straight, when we hire assistant coaches wouldn't they have independent contracts from the head coach? So if the HC bails like the slimeball did, Early would still be employed by A&M, right? He didn't have to go to Austin immediately. So I don't buy this, he has a young family BS. He could have stuck around and let things play out, put feelers out just in case the new coach didn't want to keep him, but I would assume there would be a buyout or severance due him if that was the case. Or maybe I'm wrong and these assistants have contracts based on the head coaches employment. In which case that would be the ****tiest situation ever.
The problem is new coaches want to their own guy. Not retaining Earley would be stupid but you never know. He had a guaranteed raise offer at his new job offer and an unstable situation at his existing position.

I understand but what I'm saying is he wouldn't just automatically be unemployed, unless for whatever reason his contract was written that way. I'm saying he had options.

The way this whole thing went down, he might not have had time to realize that he had options.

He would automatically be unemployed as soon as his contract ends. Likely that is soon.
He would also have a new job before the new HC even arrived. If he had not gone with POS that is. His integrity intact, he's a well know assistant coach just coming off a CWS runner up! Most likely even have HC opportunities from smaller schools coming his way. He had to know his stock was rising.

But he followed POS to asstin. So much for that. He failed to take an important stand on principle that would have left no doubt about his character. A stand that would have even further elevated his stock. Instead, he followed POS to asstin.

95 Buzzbait
This is an extremely good thread and topic….I'm really enjoying this discussion….thanks to all
themissinglink
AG
More former players

trouble
AG
I want Vaughn for the Major League memes
dcg4403
AG
Ag00Ag said:

COYOTE1213 said:

MR Gadsden said:

themissinglink said:

MR Gadsden said:

He would also have a new job before the new HC even arrived. If he had not gone with POS that is. His integrity intact, he's a well know assistant coach just coming off a CWS runner up! Most likely even have HC opportunities from smaller schools coming his way. He had to know his stock was rising.

But he followed POS to asstin. So much for that. He failed to take an important stand on principle that would have left no doubt about his character. A stand that would have even further elevated his stock. Instead, he followed POS to asstin.

And this was exactly where my head was about 3 hrs ago. Back to my comment about people having choices. Schloss didnt hold a gun to their head.

But I also can imagine Earley being placed in an extremely difficult situation. And he was being sold a Schloss bill of goods. No telling what that POS said to them.

But the love shown for Earley is too hard to deny. Screw it...hire him as HC. Why the hell not at this point.
RED AG 98
AG
1. Get Vaughn.
2. Bring Rick back
3. Add lots of Major League soundbites

4. ???

5. Win the whole damn thing
Roy coy
AG
Former players coming out of the wood works for support for Earley is not coincidental. Seems very coordinated.

I hope it's Vaughn and Earley. Two young hungry studs plus out NIL would be deadly. Not to mention, I'm fairly positive a few players would follow Vaughn this way.
Agsncws
AG
Ag00Ag said:

COYOTE1213 said:

MR Gadsden said:

themissinglink said:

MR Gadsden said:

You'll have to pardon me if I side with the player's perception of his morals and character over yours

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.