Michael Earley

75,782 Views | 421 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by annie88
Adam87inSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MaxPower said:

Elander has had more responsibility in Tennessee and has a track record of getting in those recruits that have transformed that program. I don't know what role Earley played for us in recruiting, just know he wasn't our recruiting coordinator. I'm not advocating for either one as HC but Elander has the better resume.
I'd say that HC Earley with RC C Pennington would be outstanding.

HC Elander with assistant HC (hitting coach?) Earley could be even better. If could also pull in C Pennington as RC, even better than that. Not sure if Earley would come back for anything less than HC tho
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

He is human, makes mistakes like all of us, but when you put all the bull**** aside, he knows how to win baseball games.
"All of us" don't lie, Jake, especially when telling the truth serves us much better. That said, it's precisely the bull**** that CAN'T be put aside Jake!
87_Was_Long_Ago
AG
agent-maroon said:

AgDaddy94 said:

When he walked into the interview room at A&M today his career at TU was over.
Yep. Something is motivating him to get out of Austin and interviewing with us was the first step in an uncertain journey. Again, his sip photo shots suggest a man with something eating on his conscience. Maybe he took collateral damage from the schlossnozzle shlt bomb and needs to come clean after having a chance to think it over.

If he didn't know in advance and was given very short notice, so were his wife and family.

Might be as simple as them rethinking where they want to be and raise their kids

and they now know exactly what kind of man his (former) boss is.
Fairview20
AG
You know when First Take and PTI pick it up, especially college baseball, it's not good. The blatant damage control the last few days is so obvious and hilarious.
Blaze99
Someone had to do it. Might as well be me.
AggieDaddy116
That would be brilliant!
zgolfz85
AG
Blaze99 said:

Someone had to do it. Might as well be me.

Tell me that's really happening
RED AG 98
AG
And if someone else's post is to be believed, he was making under $100k, which I found to be shocking. Is that real? That's what I start my new grads at.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
What new grads are starting at $100K besides software engineers and petroleum engineers?
vander54
S
Ghost of Bisbee said:

What new grads are starting at $100K besides software engineers and petroleum engineers?

None
World's worst proofreader
vander54
S
kyledr04 said:

So it still seems like there's a third dark horse

You are correct
World's worst proofreader
trouble
AG
He's not a new grad though. Hell, he was a volunteer coach until last year, I think.

And his wife is a teacher. They aren't rolling in money.
swimmerbabe11
I mean it's not surprising that the best player Schloss has ever coached has a high opinion of him. Besides, given his reputation, I feel like his skin is made of cast iron and he can probably dish it as well as he can take it.
13B
vander54 said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

None
Cyber Security -- son was offered that before he graduated.
texAZtea
AG
RED AG 98 said:

And if someone else's post is to be believed, he was making under $100k, which I found to be shocking. Is that real? That's what I start my new grads at.

Are you hiring? I'm not a new grad but I've got a young family too.
rolo
100k doesn't go that far now a days
ElephantRider
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I mean it's not surprising that the best player Schloss has ever coached has a high opinion of him. Besides, given his reputation, I feel like his skin is made of cast iron and he can probably dish it as well as he can take it.

That was also damn near 20 years ago at the beginning of POS's tenure.
swimmerbabe11
twenty years and many millions of dollars can soften a person's memory
BoerneGator
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Though I saw it posted his salary was about $181k and Cain's was $320K. But I didn't re-search it.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
rolo said:

100k doesn't go that far now a days

No, but few new bachelors grads are coming into $100K total comp year 1
RED AG 98
AG
Ghost of Bisbee said:

Electrical engineers. Starting at $85-95k at my company; and I read Earley was making $75k
RED AG 98
AG
vander54 said:

Ghost of Bisbee said:

None
Wrong
BoerneGator
AG
Back when I started, $100k was fk You $!

$500/mo as a Second Lt
RED AG 98
AG
BoerneGator said:

RED AG 98 said:

Though I saw it posted his salary was about $181k and Cain's was $320K. But I didn't re-search it.
No idea. I looked but didn't see anything official. Someone posted a picture of his salary at $75k the other day which seemed outlandish to me... hence the question.
RED AG 98
AG
texAZtea said:

RED AG 98 said:

Semiconductors, so you have to live in Austin. Which ain't what it used to be. But yes we have hundreds of jobs open...
BoerneGator
AG
I saw a post last night of their (his and Cain's) salaries together from a Texas govt employee website
RED AG 98
AG
Yeah, I was referring to his salary here, before the tripling...
BoerneGator
AG
So am I; for '23-'24.
texAZtea
AG
RED AG 98 said:

texAZtea said:

RED AG 98 said:

Semiconductors, so you have to live in Austin. Which ain't what it used to be. But yes we have hundreds of jobs open...

I'm a pretty good Ag research technician. Would I have a shot?
RED AG 98
AG
Do you have to use a soldering iron much on corn and soy?

Anyway, enough derail. I was just shocked at the number I saw posted
trouble
AG

rolo
Assuming he makes the same amount maybe 175k that doesn't go far in Austin compared to college station
trouble
AG
And there's this. So somewhere between $75k-150k
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
lol. $175K is a comfortable living wage in Austin. Good lord
RED AG 98
AG
Yes this is the image I saw. Maybe he got a bump.

The point I was trying to make is that his salary plus a teacher ain't much. Not saying they are starving but this isn't like football where everyone makes top 1% money....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.