Michael Earley

74,572 Views | 421 Replies | Last: 13 hrs ago by annie88
IslanderAg04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sterling82 said:

themissinglink said:

The Marksman said:

I only want him back if he didn't know anything about the traitor. If he knew, I never want to see his face again. If he didn't know, as some have suggested, I'd love him back as assistant.
He did not look happy to be in Austin.

Then why did he go? I'll admit the photo looked like a hostage picture. So they're looking at as HC?

Probably worried a new coach wouldnt bring him along. I know the feeling. Seems like they're working on keeping him in CS.
Agsncws
AG
Some people........what the hell would you have done in Earley's case? You're gonna turn down a secured job with increase pay to..........SEE if you have a job in College Station once the dust settles? If you say yes, you're LYING. He's doing what he needs to do to look out for his family. Period. If you dont see that.....there's probably very little in the world and human nature you do understand.
LB12Diamond
AG
I could see them hiring Skip as Head coach and Earley as associate head coach.

The more I think about this, I like it.
themissinglink
AG
Those tweets from former players were retweeted by Gavin's dad. He seems to approve of the sentiment
brickking
Heard was talking to one pro coach also
tjack16
AG
I'm 100% on board with Michael Earley if it keeps the roster intact
Sterling82
It's hard to ignore the player endorsements for sure.
warrington74
AG
Read the other comments from the other studs that we've had come through the program. If our studs from the past and the studs currently are on board, let's go early. .
trouble
AG
I noticed that. Makes me real happy.
ElephantRider
AG
I can be on board with Earley. I think at this point being a players coach is an important trait.
trouble
AG
He told at least one of them that he'd make them the fall guy for any recruiting violations if it came out. I think that was Earley.
aggiepanic95
AG
warrington74 said:

Everyone says that they all looked shellshocked. Did POs drag them down there by their ears and make them put on those shirts and make them take those pictures. I'll call BS. They're all traders in my eyes.

POS is a liar. Who knows what he told Earley. Maybe he somehow implicated him by having him do something he was unaware was illegal or maybe he just told him that if you don't come with me I will never vouch for or recommend you for any future gig. Sounds like POS had a real way with motivating people out of fear. To boot, Earley has a young family it sounds like...probably easy to manipulate in a situation when he has no time to think. I assume he had about 20 minutes to make a decision...and by the looks of it he realized he chose poorly during the tu photo shoot.
dcg4403
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

I completely agree, but I would not want any future connection with any of that staff.

This. Everyone else seems so desperate.

Maybe he was took by suprise. But we all have choices in life and he choose to put on a sip uniform for a staff photo at the U of Texas.

That says enough for me. I am shocked others would want him back. Once you cheat, you will always be a cheater. No matter the circumstances. As simple as that. We need to cut the umbilical cord completely.
Sterling82
Agsncws said:

Some people........what the hell would you have done in Earley's case? You're gonna turn down a secured job with increase pay to..........SEE if you have a job in College Station once the dust settles? If you say yes, you're LYING. He's doing what he needs to do to look out for his family. Period. If you dont see that.....there's probably very little in the world and human nature you do understand.

I'm not sure everyone would go if they knew they were following a scumbag leaving in such an unethical way. But I imagine he had a chance to discuss where his mind was during the interview.
TexAgs23
You know this for a fact? Or just guessing?
Alyag08
AG
I heard Gavin say in an interview that he initially came here because of Earley. Gavin was previously committed to ASU.
LB12Diamond
AG
trouble said:

He told at least one of them that he'd make them the fall guy for any recruiting violations if it came out. I think that was Earley.

Really

Wow wow wow

He screws his players over. Now his coaches.
WestGalvestonAggie
dcg4403 said:

Buford T. Justice said:

I completely agree, but I would not want any future connection with any of that staff.

This. Everyone else seems so desperate.

Maybe he was took by suprise. But we all have choices in life and he choose to put on a sip uniform for a staff photo at the U of Texas.

That says enough for me. I am shocked others would want him back. Once you cheat, you will always be a cheater. No matter the circumstances. As simple as that. We need to cut the umbilical cord completely.

Yep. I can't believe what I'm reading on here...
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
LB12Diamond
AG
Sterling82 said:

Agsncws said:

I'm not sure everyone would go if they knew they were following a scumbag leaving in such an unethical way. But I imagine he had a chance to discuss where his mind was during the interview.

We got a bad ass right here everyone.
dcg4403
AG
Alyag08 said:

I heard Gavin say in an interview that he initially came here because of Earley. Gavin was previously committed to ASU.

So we should hire him based on the opinions of 18-20 year old players that will be gone in short order or even leave for more money? What the hell Ags? This is not a good way to hire a new coach. Everyone is so desperate to retain the team. Schloss put this team together basically in 2 years. It can be done again especially with NIL support. Kids are not coming here for the love of Aggieland like most want to think. Get real. It sucks but we need to look a bit further ahead than just Jace, Gavin, et al.
92_Ag
AG
trouble said:

If A&M does re-hire him, expect those "violation investigations" to be demanded by tu shortly thereafter.

We've seen this script already.
LB12Diamond
AG
No

Trev should at least interview him based on what these guys have said.

Which is what Trev has done.
trouble
AG
TexAgs23 said:

You know this for a fact? Or just guessing?

I was told by someone I trust. I haven't talked to Earley himself.
Tergdor
AG
Sterling82 said:

themissinglink said:

The Marksman said:

I only want him back if he didn't know anything about the traitor. If he knew, I never want to see his face again. If he didn't know, as some have suggested, I'd love him back as assistant.
He did not look happy to be in Austin.

Then why did he go? I'll admit the photo looked like a hostage picture. So they're looking at as HC?
I imagine that due to the nature of college baseball, the time for coach shuffling is really late in the game. If you're an assistant coach and your boss is leaving now, you almost are forced to take the lifeline he offers you because there's no guarantee there's any room for you to land anywhere else.

That's assuming he didn't know, of course. Rumors suggest that he was the only one that didn't.
themissinglink
AG
dcg4403 said:

Alyag08 said:

So we should hire him based on the opinions of 18-20 year old players that will be gone in short order or even leave for more money? What the hell Ags? This is not a good way to hire a new coach. Everyone is so desperate to retain the team. Schloss put this team together basically in 2 years. It can be done again especially with NIL support. Kids are not coming here for the love of Aggieland like most want to think.
He can clearly recruit and coach hitting. I completely agree being HC is a different animal, but the HC names that have been floated are pretty mediocre so might as well hire a hot shot assistant there you think can grow into an elite HC.
trouble
AG
92_Ag said:

trouble said:

If A&M does re-hire him, expect those "violation investigations" to be demanded by tu shortly thereafter.

We've seen this script already.

He didn't sign an NDA. We could get out ahead of it.
FTAG 2000
AG
dcg4403 said:

Alyag08 said:

So we should hire him based on the opinions of 18-20 year old players that will be gone in short order or even leave for more money? What the hell Ags? This is not a good way to hire a new coach. Everyone is so desperate to retain the team. Schloss put this team together basically in 2 years. It can be done again especially with NIL support. Kids are not coming here for the love of Aggieland like most want to think. Get real. It sucks but we need to look a bit further ahead than just Jace, Gavin, et al.

Talked to multiple player parents in Omaha. Not one had a good thing to say about POS. All talked about either Earley, Cain, or both.

It wasn't just money.
dcg4403
AG
LB12Diamond said:

No

Disagree but hear your point. Players are mercenaries in todays NIL. Hell those same guys may all bounce to a non-Texas team regardless. So no way in hell they influence any hiring decision for me.

Bringing him back as an assistant? I can accept that with a whole hell of a lot of regret and apologies to the Aggie fan base. Or give us the insight that allows us to blow open tampering against UT. Then he is forgiven!! Lol
AggiePetro07
AG
This might come across as jaded, but this is my opinion:

Schloss is a narcissist. He's a liar and Machiavellian. He's sociopathic.

Those kinds of people, once exposed, are very easy to see for who they are. However, until they are exposed, it's hard to see it. Especially if you are close to them.

I just lost one of my best friends because his issues finally came to light after years. It's embarrassing the stuff that he was able to convince me of or let me believe, ESPECIALLY about other people or situations.

People like this are masters at manipulating people and situations towards their end goal which is the elevation of self above all others. They consume others and use others for personal gratification and gain. They don't care about anything but feeding their need for self-exaltation. But it can be extremely hard to see. They can manipulate so well that they can create a desired outcome by telling lies knowing your response to that lie and how you will react to it, especially in interpersonal relationships with others (i.e. between you and another friend, not the Narc.) And then they are always "there to clean up the mess."

They typically exhibit destructive behavior across almost every aspect of life: work, fun, business, relationships, etc. They torch friendships, marriages, they are bad business partners and they exploit every relationship.

They are successful because of how good they are at manipulating other people and manipulating results and the complete CONTROL they exert on every aspect of life.

It would not surprise me one bit if Early, Cain and Weiner have had their eyes opened to how he operates through this process.

Once people who are caught up in the orbit of the Dark Triad finally recognize what's happening they unfortunately are often involved in these people's lives in significant ways. It's hard to extricate yourselves from it because in order to be effective, the predator must get very close to his prey.

They all 3 may be complete jackwads, but I seriously doubt that. What probably happened is they are 3 young up and comers who could give Schloss what he needs, and he thought he could own them. He could have easily enslaved them to himself through lies, manipulation, and charm. They may not have known the truth about the situation at Texas A&M. They may have been under the impression that the A&M brass was going to screw them over. Schloss may have kept them in the dark, or worse, lied to generate a desired response from them based on what he knew what their reaction would be to that lie.

Those guys didn't look like they took their dream job. It looks like they just left it aboard the HMS Satan.

Just my opinion.
KT 90
AG
LB12Diamond said:

No

100% this. You have to at least hear him out. Especially with all of the players calling for him to be hired.

I am not sure if he is ready to be a HC, but Assoc Head Coach seems like a good fit. If he is the HC, I assume he would come pretty cheap $$$ wise and then you would have plenty of funds to surround him with a strong supporting cast of coaches.

Agsncws
AG
Sterling82 said:

Agsncws said:

As opposed to going and finding a different job on your own terms and your own timeline?? Come on man. Did you quit every job before you found another?
txamag89
AG
If the payers want him back, and they are the ones that know the true inside of the program, bring him back. AHC if need be,
dcg4403
AG
Good post and comments. I sure hope you are correct for the benefit of those assistants. But unless they come back, none of it matters. And I am hesistant to even allow it.

But how freaking great would it be to get them all back? They were the key to success...not Schloss. And I am now convinced of it.
MyakkaGator
Looks like Jace (just retweeted) is down with it.... Would be huge if you guys keep him.. Looks like landing Early will do just that.

powerbelly
AG
dcg4403 said:

LB12Diamond said:

No

Disagree but hear your point. Players are mercenaries in todays NIL. Hell those same guys may all bounce to a non-Texas team regardless. So no way in hell they influence any hiring decision for me.

Bringing him back as an assistant? I can accept that with a whole hell of a lot of regret and apologies to the Aggie fan base. Or give us the insight that allows us to blow open tampering against UT. Then he is forgiven!! Lol

Players are mercenaries but they dont always go for the most immediate money. The potential MLB dollars are much more than NIL.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.