Michael Earley

75,832 Views | 421 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by annie88
themissinglink
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Neither was Tony V before he took over at Tennessee. Find the right person for the job. It doesn't sound like any of the perennial Omaha coaches want to leave so hire an elite assistant who you think can be the guy.
trouble
AG
Associate HC, I believe
powerbelly
AG
Yes. Find the right person for the job. Vitello's first HC gig was UT.
L8HIT
AG
Doesn't count but you guys know more than me, so if you guys are good with it then so am I.
The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb.
Ft Worth Ag
AG
Quote:

Does the HC interview candidates? Or will the AD doing it and the HC gets no input? Point is, do we have a HC?
Jbob04
AG
L8HIT said:

He is being interviewed for the head coach position? He has never been the head coach before and we are good with this? I'm genuinely curious what you guys have to say. TIA

Yes for HC. Current players are pumped that he got an interview
92Ag95
AG
CampingAg said:

Be awesome if he gets hired and brings back Cain and Weiner. Assuming they weren't in on the nonsense.
lol...that's what I just said in a few threads. you beat me to it. THAT would be soooo rich. I'm not sure I'd be able to stop laughing.
jkag89
Quote:

Why would we want ANY of them back? Really?
A number of players said we should hire/consider Early or Cain. If you want players to return it might be a good move.
JDay
I would be shocked if Cain came back. He is ride or die with Schloss on this thing I am afraid.

He has been getting ready for this move for a month according to people I know.
AggieBB
AG
LB12Diamond said:

Earley probably would be hired as associate head coach is my guess with someone else as head coach.
This. Definitely not HC. The new coach likely brings his own staff so no assistants here would likely be retained so it's not like Earley, Weiner, or Cane could have told Schlossbag "**** you im staying here."
W
AG
perhaps Earley is now learning the depths of the deception so to speak

and doesn't want to hitch his wagon to Schloss anymore

it could hurt future coaching opportunities
mwm
I am confused - who called who? Did we reach out to him or did he reach back out to us?

Surely, he reached back to us.
JakAg93
AG
I'm sure Trev will cover this, and I doubt the players would want him if they had any suspicions. But would really have to make sure he wasn't part of any of Lossnagle's con game.
themissinglink
AG
squeeze_93
AG
Going to be a tight line to walk
Sterling82
The problem I would have bringing any of them back as an assistant is it would feel like a sham way to get a raise. They aren't coming back for what they were making. They probably deserve a raise but they didn't bother to stick around to see what we would offer…just jumped in the clown car and took off with slosh.

I would not mind Early coming back at an elevated position.
Buford T. Justice
AG
Pass.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I completely agree, but I would not want any future connection with any of that staff.
W
AG
Earley might also be being interviewed...to see if he would be willing to come back and work as the top assistant to Skip, Walter, etc..,

those guys might feel better about taking the job if they knew Earley could help ensure Jace & Gavin return
WestGalvestonAggie
No. ****ing. Thanks.

That ship has to have sailed. You can't come back from being a part of that.
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
LB12Diamond
AG
Why is it always the same posters that suck at posts??????
themissinglink
AG
More thoughts from former players

Buford T. Justice
AG
Oh I completely believe that he has seen the light, and wants to unhitch from the dirtbag now.
AG
themissinglink said:

The Marksman said:

I only want him back if he didn't know anything about the traitor. If he knew, I never want to see his face again. If he didn't know, as some have suggested, I'd love him back as assistant.
He did not look happy to be in Austin.

I don't get this.

He didn't have to go.
LRB38
S
In all fairness, like most others have said, he probably left because there was no guarantee he would have a job with a new guy coming. You have to cut him a little slack knowing he has a family to provide for too.

And know that I say all this hoping he truly had no idea what was going on. If he really didn't, I'd love to see him back in any capacity.
squeeze_93
AG
This is Deja Vu with Erob in football, albeit a different AD
brickking
I think he is coming back
LB12Diamond
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

Oh I completely believe that he has seen the light, and wants to unhitch from the dirtbag now.

Just like everyone else. All the players wanting him back means he's the real deal.
rathAG05
AG
I honestly think that means something
themissinglink
AG
4 said:

themissinglink said:

The Marksman said:

I only want him back if he didn't know anything about the traitor. If he knew, I never want to see his face again. If he didn't know, as some have suggested, I'd love him back as assistant.
He did not look happy to be in Austin.

I don't get this.

He didn't have to go.
He's got a young family to feed and the next HC will want to bring his own assistants. Take the guaranteed job and then look for a better one.
ChubbyHubby
LRB38 said:

In all fairness, like most others have said, he probably left because there was no guarantee he would have a job with a new guy coming. You have to cut him a little slack knowing he has a family to provide for too.

And know that I say all this hoping he truly had no idea what was going on. If he really didn't, I'd love to see him back in any capacity.

And they tripled all of the assistants salary, made it really hard to risk not going…but if he gets a lifeline I think he takes it to get out of there
tingyi0705
At ASU Earley developed someone undrafted out of high school to No.1 overall pick. That's impressive
rsf0626
If the players are down for him, then we should be willing to give him an interview, but i dont want him to be the only option because players are putting pressure on the AD to hire him
ChubbyHubby
themissinglink said:

More thoughts from former players

Hire Earley!!
fightintxaggie10
AG
The Marksman said:

Shut. Your. *******. Mouth

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.