*****The College World Series Thread*****

77,055 Views | 1008 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by W
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
EMY92 said:

I don't think I've ever seen some score from first on a wild pitch and no error recorded.

How was there no error, when the catcher dropped the ball on his attempt at home? Or a strikeout making it on base
EMY92
AG
I think that should have been an error, but the official scorer doesn't agree.
histag10
AG
Well that's stupid.
jkag89
Jason Tyner scored from second in a similar situation against Rice in '98 season but that play was nowhere near as odd looking as that one.
histag10
AG
That was a bad double play attempt...
W
AG
that was flat out embarrassing for FSU.

the Seminoles bench was asleep too. The bench should have been yelling at the pitcher and catcher that the runner was approaching 3rd base
MaroonStain
AG
While watching both games, I realize we are playing tomorrow and get a big grin. I'm so excited...
AgE2theBONE
AG
jkag89 said:

Jason Tyner scored from second in a similar situation against Rice in '98 season but that play was nowhere near as odd looking as that one.

Always love remembering JT

I think Tyner is my favorite Aggie hitter over the years I've watched.

Fossum my fave pitcher. Skinny little guy that could throw some serious gas.
Sean98
AG
ClassOf17 said:

You say this until you take a 90mph+ off the elbow or foul a ball off your shin.

It takes 30 sec to take it off. Baseball is a 3 hour game. You either like it or you dont

Two issues...
1) baseball is worried about time enough that in the MLB they can walk a guy by wiggling fingers in the dugout. When I posted that, a batter ran to 2nd and the 3rd Base coach waddled his way out to 2nd. When he got there the batter had just finished celebrating his hit with the dugout from 120 feet away. Then the player took all his swag off, then have it to the 3rd Base coach who then walked all the way back to the coaching box. There was a delay. ...for what it's worth, I agree with you about not letting players out of the box. Stop fixing your batting gloves 20x per at bat.

2) It is supposed to take balls to crowd the plate. Hitters don't wear the kind or armor that Bonds used to, but by the time you wear padded batting gloves, a big arm guard, shin guards, etc. then batters can stand on the plate with limited fear. Guys get hit with balls out over the plate just leaving their arms out there. It's frustrating as a pitcher, and ultimately dangerous because the only way to really move a hitter off the plate is to get the ball UP.
And that is dangerous. I'm fine with the foot guard because it's really about foul balls, and I'd be okay with some kind of neoprene sleeve for the elbow to keep from breaking bones. But if you get hit it is SUPPOSED to hurt. ...and I broke an ankle on a HBP once, so I know what it feels like to get hit.
technoviking
AG
Was that a dermdoc sighting?
W
AG
another rough start for Lange. He has had quite a few this year
Sean98
AG
It just happened again and the runner/coach met halfway and jogged both ways. Very fast. Good for them. Still that kid shagged ass home to 2nd so that shin guard sure didn't slow him down any.
MsDoubleD81
AG
This game....I'm trying to decide to root for the devil or Satan
AgE2theBONE
AG
I kinda like the idea of keeping the batter in the box as a time saver.

But I also like trying to mess with the pitcher's rhythm by stepping out and screwing around.

So I'm torn,
Wildman15
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

But I also like trying to mess with the pitcher's rhythm by stepping out and screwing around.

So I'm torn,

It irritates me that's there's actual concern that the game of baseball takes too long. People need to learn to appreciate what's happening between pitches.
Wildman15
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

I've got that tomahawk chop going all night long
AgE2theBONE
AG
Wildman15 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

If God smiles on us and we make the championship series, I couldn't take the stress if we face LSU. Even if we beat 'em it would take years off my life.

Rooting for the Noles.
aggiewilliford
What are these base running faux pas of which you speak?
Sean98
AG
I generally agree with you and have no real concerns about pace of play. That said, beginning with maybe Nomar Garciaparra, there began this fascination with F'ing with your batting gloves. Guys fasten and unfasten them like 10x each. And it's just habit. It had nothing to do with messing with the pitcher's timing. I appreciate looking down for signals each time, I appreciate calling time and stepping out to mess with the rhythm of the pitcher. But they Jack around way too much with little habits that I think are just unconscious actions for them... They serve no purpose. And while I have no desire to time/track them I bet they do add some significant amount to game time.

That said, if the attention span of people today is too short to appreciate baseball then screw em.
Sean98
AG
Raining hard enough in NE Kansas to lose satellite signal.
Wildman15
AG
Sean98 said:

I generally agree with you and have no real concerns about pace of play. That said, beginning with maybe Nomar Garciaparra, there began this fascination with F'ing with your batting gloves. Guys fasten and unfasten them like 10x each. And it's just habit. It had nothing to do with messing with the pitcher's timing. I appreciate looking down for signals each time, I appreciate calling time and stepping out to mess with the rhythm of the pitcher. But they Jack around way too much with little habits that I think are just unconscious actions for them... They serve no purpose. And while I have no desire to time/track them I bet they do add some significant amount to game time.

That said, if the attention span of people today is too short to appreciate baseball then screw em.

Maybe instead of passing out tshirts or towels to the first 1,000 fans they should pass out fidget spinners
aggiewilliford
MsDoubleD81 said:

After that Super Regional game 2 at FSU in 2011 and how their shyte fans acted. I will NEVER EVER route for those assclowns! Never forget!
MsDoubleD81
AG
Wildman15 said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

My Georgia Tech friends call them the Semi-holes. But yeah, I think I hate LSU more.
TyHolden
AG
Sco?
jkag89
Both LSU runs came from pure hustle.
Ag for Life
AG
3-1 FSU, bottom of 3
AgE2theBONE
AG
3-2 going to 4th
Tanya 93
aggiewilliford said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

After that Super Regional game 2 at FSU in 2011 and how their shyte fans acted. I will NEVER EVER route for those assclowns! Never forget!

I don't remember being treated like crap.

We had a fun time that weekend.
TyHolden
AG
AgE2theBONE said:

3-2 going to 4th
thanks
HTownAg98
That looked like us on the bases.
Sean98
AG
Guess I didn't get that mulch down in time...
Gil Renard
AG
Wildman15 said:

AgE2theBONE said:

So I'm torn,

It irritates me that's there's actual concern that the game of baseball takes too long. People need to learn to appreciate what's happening between pitches.

Yep 20 seconds between pitches is too much and you can appreciate situations between pitches much less of course I'm not a former pitcher and played IF in college so I'm bias
Gil Renard
AG
Sean98 said:

A better habit is staying in the box one foot and getting ready to 'heet da ball' but I'm old school and not a war paint crustache sprint to first on a Walk guy
aggiewilliford
Tanya 93 said:

aggiewilliford said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

I don't remember being treated like crap.

We had a fun time that weekend.

When they killed us there were some pretty vocally unclassy fans. Even the announcers commented on how bad some of the fans were. You must have been in a good section. I have had a real dislike for them since. I guess I haven't let that one go yet.
Gil Renard
AG
Go Noles beat those POS swamp kitties

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.