*****The College World Series Thread*****

77,436 Views | 1008 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by W
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bondag said:

PhatMack19 said:

Both of these games today have been pretty similar. One team controlled the entire game only to blow it late.

Everyone please remember this if we give up a hit in the first tomorrow
No... No... No... That's not how this site works!
aggiewilliford
Kenneth_2003 said:

Bondag said:

PhatMack19 said:

Both of these games today have been pretty similar. One team controlled the entire game only to blow it late.

No... No... No... That's not how this site works!

"That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works!"
TyHolden
AG
Bondag said:

PhatMack19 said:

aginlakeway
AG
Average Joe said:

aginlakeway said:

Cy_Tolliver said:

Jeez lsu has the luck of the sips. Just once I'd like a team to melt down against us. Never seems to happen.

Davidson did.

I only half agree. I think Davidson melted some, but their defense was suspect and they ran out of arms. What they did was more on their actual level than the higher level of play they had near the end of the season.

They made 2 errors and we scored 7 runs. They ran into each other and dropped an easy infield fly ball. That was a late-inning meltdown that benefitted us. They're have been many meltdowns in our favor actually. No clue why the poster thinks it never happens.
aggiewilliford
DSAg44 said:

Bondag said:

PhatMack19 said:

When the meltdown starts I always think of the old Ghostbusters line:
"Forty years of darkness. Earthquakes, volcanoes
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together mass hysteria."
TyHolden
AG
Light him up fsu
Goose06
AG
I guess here you don't worry so much about the freshman walking Walls. If he doesn't have it you go to Newman.
Average Joe
AG
aginlakeway said:

Average Joe said:

aginlakeway said:

Cy_Tolliver said:

Jeez lsu has the luck of the sips. Just once I'd like a team to melt down against us. Never seems to happen.

Davidson did.

I only half agree. I think Davidson melted some, but their defense was suspect and they ran out of arms. What they did was more on their actual level than the higher level of play they had near the end of the season.

They made 2 errors and we scored 7 runs. They ran into each other and dropped an easy infield fly ball. That was a late-inning meltdown that benefitted us. They're have been many meltdowns in our favor actually. No clue why the poster thinks it never happens.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen to us, just that it happens to them at an alarming rate.
W
AG
LSU is making this interesting...
aggiewilliford
W said:

LSU is making this interesting...

What would really be interesting to know is how many corn dogs have been ingested in these few hours?
Agmaniacmike12
That slider on 1-1 was filthy!
Engine10
AG
Hess's slider is filthy
TyHolden
AG
Here comes the meat
aggiewilliford
LSU 1 win, Corn Dogs sacrificed?
W
AG
this game summed up the last 25 years of LSU's history in Omaha...and Florida State's
Frisco
AG
how do you just watch that though
TyHolden
AG
Nice pitch
Engine10
AG
Frisco said:

That fell off the table - would freeze a lot of people
hunter2012
AG
disappointed by at who won today...
BenFiasco14
AG
LSU wins.... 5-4 over Florida state....

LSU and Oregon State both with 1 win in the opposite winners bracket, Cal State Fullerton and the Seminoles in the loser bracket ...

Tmrw let's get it, gig em
always gig em
AG
Redneck seinfelds mom says eff all you sheep humpers
Frisco
AG
it was a great pitch no doubt but man i really hate to see anyone (unless they're playing us) end a game with the bat on the shoulder
ColoradoMooseHerd
Frisco said:

Obviously you have never seen a legit breaking ball I. Real life
aggiewilliford
BenFiasco14 said:

LSU wins.... 5-4 over Florida state....

LSU and Oregon State both with 1 win in the opposite winners bracket, Cal State Fullerton and the Seminoles in the loser bracket ...

Tmrw let's get it, gig em

YEP, BTHO Louisville
tjack16
AG
I guess how I'm watching and deciding who to go for in the the bracket 1 games are who would A&M have the best shot at beating in the championship series if we get there. So I guess i'm going for FSU and Fullerton in that bracket
aginlakeway
AG
Average Joe said:

aginlakeway said:

Average Joe said:

aginlakeway said:

Cy_Tolliver said:

Davidson did.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen to us, just that it happens to them at an alarming rate.

The poster I replied to and it never happens.

BTHO louisville
LSU Baseball Fan
Man, LSU sports are trying to send me to an early grave. My heart can't take too much of that.

Baseball is a cruel game, sometimes. FSU seemed to find all the holes early in the game, but we caught the breaks when it mattered most. Our speed pretty much won that game. Forced their mistakes and accounted for 3 runs.

The last pitch, he had to be sitting fastball. Bold move to throw a hanging breaking ball to such a great hitter, but it paid off. Wouldn't have thought Poche would pick up his win in Omaha as a reliever, but you have to do whatever it takes to win.

To win the national title, you pretty much have to win Game 1. I hope this means we finally got over our TD Ameritrade hump. It'll take a near-perfect game to beat Oregon State.

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be pulling for you. And Florida, I guess.
Charlie 31
AG
LSU 5
FSU 4

FINAL
BenFiasco14
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Man, LSU sports are trying to send me to an early grave. My heart can't take too much of that.

Baseball is a cruel game, sometimes. FSU seemed to find all the holes early in the game, but we caught the breaks when it mattered most. Our speed pretty much won that game. Forced their mistakes and accounted for 3 runs.

The last pitch, he had to be sitting fastball. Bold move to throw a hanging breaking ball to such a great hitter, but it paid off. Wouldn't have thought Poche would pick up his win in Omaha as a reliever, but you have to do whatever it takes to win.

To win the national title, you pretty much have to win Game 1. I hope this means we finally got over our TD Ameritrade hump. It'll take a near-perfect game to beat Oregon State.

Good come back and win for y'all. Hoping we can take care of Louisville, definitely worried
TexasRebel
AG
aggiewilliford said:

W said:

FSU has officially been charged with only 2 errors. But suffered 3 or 4 "plays not made"

Wow. That's being awfully kind to FSU.

It's not. I meant to post this earlier:

Hit moves the runner to 2nd
Error to third
Error to score.

Only 2 errors.
always gig em
AG
you guys got seriously "lucky"

their infield didn't infield, otherwise you'd be in the 2nd round

and btw: when tf are you gonna invite us all to an aggie vs lsu tailgate?

I love beer
aggiewilliford
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Fess up, who did y all have flash FSU for beads to make that triple error occur? Just kidding.
Good to have ya around lsu.
Watching any of that federation cup this week? Great week of sports!
aggiewilliford
I hadn't seen it scored out. You are right.
BenFiasco14
AG
always gig em said:

you guys got seriously "lucky"

their infield didn't infield, otherwise you'd be in the 2nd round

and btw: when tf are you gonna invite us all to an aggie vs lsu tailgate?

I love beer
I love beer too. Fridge is stocked for tomorrow.
LSU Baseball Fan
aggiewilliford said:

LSU Baseball Fan said:

Fess up, who did y all have flash FSU for beads to make that triple error occur? Just kidding.
Good to have ya around lsu.
Watching any of that federation cup this week? Great week of sports!

Sure am. I'm gonna wake up early for that Mexico vs Portugal game. Should be a good one.

If I'm in town for the football game in November, I'll definitely let y'all know. Might not be able to escape the dreaded in-law visit.

I can understand only 2 errors on that crazy play, but personally I would charge 3. An error on the RF for dropping the ball that allowed both runners to take an extra base, another error on the RF for a bad throw that allowed Freeman to score, and possibly an error on the catcher for dropping the ball and allowing Duplantis to get to 3rd. All of those only happened because both of them have elite speed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.