*****The College World Series Thread*****

77,446 Views | 1008 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by W
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Home plate blue is killing Oregon State. And I do not care who wins.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Scotty Appleton
That ball was 6 inches outside on the last K. Terrible
rosco511
AG
That pitch was in the other batter box. That umpire is terrible.
txag72
AG
This is either the worst or the richest umpire I've even seen.
Scotty Appleton
Oregon St catcher should have lined up in the opposite box for the first pitch.
ORAggieFan
NCAA should be ashamed in the umping this tournament. Absolute embarrassment.
LSU Baseball Fan
It's beyond ridiculous there aren't 6 umpires for every game. Can't be that much more expensive.
Aston 91
AG
I've never seen an umpire in a televised game this inconsistent. 6 inches outside is a strike, middle of the plate at the knees is a ball.
dermdoc
AG
ORAggieFan said:

the only thing the NCAA seems to care about is that we are not genders.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Coppell97
AG
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seccountry.com/lsu/kramer-robertson-still-blonde/amp
Quote:

Make no mistake: Robertson does not think this is a good look on him. He's aware of the jokes people are making on Twitter. People have photoshopped him into pictures with everyone from Lucius and Draco Malfoy to Kim Kardashian to the villains from Shrek to his own mother, a joke he said he knew was coming.
dermdoc
AG
And I agree with the commentator who just keeps repeating why did they pitch to Papierski on a 3-1 count with first open? Horrible.
W
AG
I think it's fair at this point to wonder how good (or how bad) the Pac-12 was this year
Charlie 31
AG
ORAggieFan said:

Not only do the eight teams who make it to Omaha deserve to have correct behind-the-plate calls, they also deserve to have two extra umpires (one each along the 1st and 3rd base lines in the outfield) and television replay review of any questionable call or play.
twk
AG
W said:

I think it's fair at this point to wonder how good (or how bad) the Pac-12 was this year
The Pac-12 hasn't looked good, but remember that Oregon State is without their ace. This game might look rather different if the kid that was the subject of all the controversy had made the trip to Omaha.
Charlie 31
AG
"The umpire has got a nice pitcher zone..."
-LSU Head Coach Paul Manieri
dermdoc
AG
And now blue has changed his strike zone. Horrible
LSU Baseball Fan
Gilbert has done the job so far. We've done a great job at keeping the leadoff hitter off these past two games. That's been the difference. Don't allow them to start their games.
LSU Baseball Fan
Baseball purists will hate it, but I think an electronic strike zone is inevitable. The technology is pretty much there.
dixichkn
AG
Good lord......it's gonna be corndog vs purple Baylol, isn't it?

Dear God make it stop.

dermdoc
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Helps when you get a bigger strike zone. And damn the announcers will not quit talking about it.Gilbert has done the job so far. We've done a great job at keeping the leadoff hitter off these past two games. That's been the difference. Don't allow them to start their games.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
WOW LSU kickin dat ass
PhatMack19
AG
Papierski with another bomb

5-0 LSU B4
dermdoc
AG
I met the whole Papierski family in the work out room of the Staybridge in BR during the Aggie series. Nice folks
W
AG
the Beavers are in big trouble
LSU Baseball Fan
It amazes me they keep giving Pap pitches like that with Slaughter up next. Happy, though.

We need to keep scoring. They came back against Fullerton.
twk
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Papierski with another bomb

5-0 LSU B4
That guy was a virtual ghost out when we played in BR. Makes a difference.
LSU Baseball Fan
He struggled at the plate most of his career. He's been a beast since April. Elite defense has always been there. He's a steal in the 9th round.
LSU Baseball Fan
The top of the lineup hasn't done much. It's been 5-9 that's done the damage in Omaha.
technoviking
AG
Those good defensive plays are soul crushers for teams in Oregon state's shoes
Dobre casy
AG
Does Kramer Robertson's hair remind anyone else of the tales from the crypt guy?
htxag09
AG
ORAggieFan said:

It's always bad. Only brought to attention now because more people are watching. During the regular season games I'd switch between the Astros and Aggies, the difference is nuts.
dermdoc
AG
I thought of David Lee Roth.
technoviking
AG
Or this guy

PhatMack19
AG
LSU is putting on a show now

6-0 LSU B6
W
AG
so once again the #1 national seed will not win the championship. Miami in 1999 is the only #1 seed to win it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.