*****The College World Series Thread*****

79,277 Views | 1008 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by W
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Three HRs account for all of LSUs runs...that had to put a smile on their face and remind them of the gorilla ball days
Goose06
AG
I was watching on a delay and just finished so couldn't participate in the in game discussion. Wow was that an awful home plate umpire. I cant help but wonder if that blue wanted to make sure OSU didn't win after what happened with their ace pitcher. OSU coach should have got himself tossed around the 5th inning.
LSU Baseball Fan
I'm just glad there are homers in Omaha again. The way it should be. The 2013 CWS was so boring.
Goose06
AG
gougler08 said:

Three HRs account for all of LSUs runs...that had to put a smile on their face and remind them of the gorilla ball days

They got at least one run on a base hit to center with Robertson scoring from second right after OSU decided not to try and turn 2.
W
AG
at this point I would expect LSU to beat either TCU or Florida in the finals
dixichkn
AG
jkag89
Sean98 said:

I'm pretty pure and I think it is WAY past time.

Robot strike zone as soon as we can get it, if not sooner. It'll IMPROVE the game immensely.
I hate the idea of balls and strikes being determined by electronic means on so many levels but watching games like this one is enough to make me reconsider.. The blue in the bucket today was simply brutal. He shouldn't be calling balls and strikes in a T-Ball game much less at this level.
dixichkn
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

If it's an LSU/TCU championship matchup, I'll go with LSU.
Same here. But I may need a shower afterward.
W
AG
and the one downer of Oregon State losing in the big picture of NCAA athletics...

you can see why schools don't (or don't want) to suspend their star players (e.g. OU with Mixon). They know they need them to win.

I suppose Oregon State can be somewhat credited for taking the high road. It likely cost them dearly in the end
powerbelly
AG
W said:

and the one downer of Oregon State losing in the big picture of NCAA athletics...

you can see why schools don't (or don't want) to suspend their star players (e.g. OU with Mixon). They know they need them to win.

I suppose Oregon State can be somewhat credited for taking the high road. It likely cost them dearly in the end
I dont think anyone is saying OSU took the high road.
Scar Tissue
AG
That home plate umpire must have been Leslie Nielsen from the Naked Gun movie.
twk
AG
OSU didn't kick him off the team. It was a "mutal decision" for him not to participate. They want him back next year.
MaroonStain
AG
Their every day LFer was also serving a suspension.
Save pets. Vote Trump 2024.
BoerneGator
AG
Can't take anything away from what LSU did to win both games, but that performance at home today was disgraceful. Batters with good eyes for balls and strikes should not be forced to adjust/swing at pitches 6-8 inches off the plate at the whim of some incompetent umpire.

A consistent (and accurate) strike zone is a fundamental necessity for the integrity of the game. It's not enough for the zone to be consistent if it's blatantly imprecise/inaccurate.
Warsteiner
W said:

The high road? You serious?
They gave a child molester a scholarship and want him back next year. ***** osu. I'm glad they lost
Bondag
AG
Fightin Ag491 said:

56-6, and all they'll get to hang is a "CWS appearance" banner

Talk about a bittersweet season

33% of their losses are to LSU
HTownAg98
BoerneGator said:

Can't take anything away from what LSU did to win both games, but that performance at home today was disgraceful. Batters with good eyes for balls and strikes should not be forced to adjust/swing at pitches 6-8 inches off the plate at the whim of some incompetent umpire.

A consistent (and accurate) strike zone is a fundamental necessity for the integrity of the game. It's not enough for the zone to be consistent if it's blatantly imprecise/inaccurate.

It seems like that pitch early in the count was a ball, but if it was strike three, it was called a strike.
Fightin Ag491
Bondag said:

Fightin Ag491 said:

33% of their losses are to LSU
Not to mention 2 of their whopping 6 losses were the last 2 games of the season. Man oh man, that's a tough way to go
BoerneGator
AG
Quote:

It seems like that pitch early in the count was a ball, but if it was strike three, it was called a strike.
Meaning it wasn't even consistent within the same at bat. Again, I'm glad LSU won and will represent the SEC (hopefully vs Fla), but umpires referees are doing best when they go unnoticed.
Cy_Tolliver
LSU baseball are winners. Always have been. I'm not surprised they took out OSU.
TexasRebel
AG
Well my bracket 1 was perfect until today.
LSU Baseball Fan
I'm hoping Florida wins. Their pitching is great, but TCU's offense scares me more. They hit so well with 2 outs.

We'll be the underdogs either way due to not having Walker, but after today, the players should feel like they can beat anyone.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Should be good. See how TCU handles UF ace Faedo.
ja86
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Should be good. See how TCU handles UF ace Faedo.

Second time they have seen him? I bet they do better if so...
dermdoc
AG
Hey Karl Ravich, just show your noggin. That piece is horrible.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
powerbelly
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

I'm hoping Florida wins. Their pitching is great, but TCU's offense scares me more. They hit so well with 2 outs.

We'll be the underdogs either way due to not having Walker, but after today, the players should feel like they can beat anyone.

I dont think the bookies will have lsu as underdogs vs tcu
Turbo
AG
LSU's success in Omaha makes our series win in Baton Rouge this year even more impressive. SEC baseball continues to be pretty stout overall.

dixichkn
AG
Gators got a lil sum sum going here......
Charlie 31
AG
Fightin Ag491 said:

This reminds me of the 1989 Aggies who did not even get to hang a CWS appearance banner despite having a very talented team and a 58-7 overall record. It was also the LSU Tigers who defeated us to end our amazing season just like they did to OSU today. :-(
AgEng06
AG
Go Gatahs!
swimmerbabe11
Im okay with a walk. Break the spell
SA-AG72
AG
One purple team is enough.
BoerneGator
AG
Turbo said:

LSU's success in Omaha makes our series win in Baton Rouge this year even more impressive. SEC baseball continues to be pretty stout overall.

A quick check confirms the Ags are the only team to have taken a series win from them at the Box this season.
Nice feather in the cap, that one!
swimmerbabe11
This game is stressful. Ready for frogs to do some work.
Coppell97
AG
Why isn't Howard pitching? Or is he only good against the Ags?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.