*****The College World Series Thread*****

77,439 Views | 1008 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by W
Bondag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
betson2029 said:

What the F was that? That might be the worst play I have ever seen.
Worse than the strikeout scoring a man from 1st?
Kenneth_2003
AG
Wow...

Did the hit do something to that ball... make it harder to field, throw, and catch?
W
AG
terrible job by the guy at second base. Just ole'd the throw from RF instead of getting in front of it to block it
aggiewilliford
Might be some free baseball tonight. Wouldn't mind if both these teams wore themselves ragged. I'm in the mood for extra baseball!
Average Joe
AG
LSU gets every single break, I swear. I hate them more than t.u.
MaroonStain
AG
I think one of the LSU faithful threw a snake into FSU's dugout.
Bunk Moreland
aggiewilliford said:

Might be some free baseball tonight. Wouldn't mind if both these teams wore themselves ragged. I'm in the mood for extra baseball!

I would. That would help OSU's chances of a smooth trip to the final.

I want one team to win in 9, and that team to beat OSU so if the beavers get to the title it will have taken a lot out of them.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Bondag said:

betson2029 said:

What the F was that? That might be the worst play I have ever seen.
Worse than the strikeout scoring a man from 1st?

I don't know if anything can beat the scoring from 1st on a WP, but the RF error is unforgivable and the throw to make the play at the plate was spot on and the catcher simply dropped it. Terrible fielding by FSU.
Cy_Tolliver
Jeez lsu has the luck of the sips. Just once I'd like a team to melt down against us. Never seems to happen.
aggiewilliford
Did someone in the stands show their goods for some beads and mess with FSU's mental game.
Bunk Moreland
Average Joe said:

We won a regional as a 3 seed and somehow got to host a SR.

Breaks are in the eye of the beholder.
Aggies2009
AG
Cy_Tolliver said:

Jeez,lsu has the luck of the sips. Just once I'd like a team to melt down against us. Never seems to happen.

Davidson running into one another?
always gig em
AG
Why does the state of Florida always have some stupid sh/t come out of it?

Why?
aggiewilliford
True. Forgot about the beavers.
twk
AG
jkag89 said:

I have no idea. I was taken aback that RC would even consider using Hill as anything but as a starter in the early games of the CWS. Let's hope Martin pitches the greatest game of his Aggie career so their is no need to go to Hill.

I think the idea is to tell Corbin not to worry about pitch count. If we need to go to the pen in the 5th, you go to Brigham, then you can go to Chafin and Sherrod late. Same thing as what LSU is doing with Poche. As long as you keep winning, you only need two starters at Omaha.
Bunk Moreland
LSU takes the lead.
always gig em
AG
See what I mean
MaroonStain
AG
Shhhh...this is the "Woe is Me, I am an Aggie" thread.
TyHolden
AG
****ing mud dawgs
W
AG
this game is similar to the first game.

the underdog takes the early lead, but can't hold off the favorite in the late innings
TexasRebel
AG
My bracket has LSU winning this one. We're good.
always gig em
AG
FSU's coach looks like he need a scotch

Perhaps a double
PhatMack19
AG
Both of these games today have been pretty similar. One team controlled the entire game only to blow it late.
BanderaAg956
twk said:

jkag89 said:

I have no idea. I was taken aback that RC would even consider using Hill as anything but as a starter in the early games of the CWS. Let's hope Martin pitches the greatest game of his Aggie career so their is no need to go to Hill.

I think the idea is to tell Corbin not to worry about pitch count. If we need to go to the pen in the 5th, you go to Brigham, then you can go to Chafin and Sherrod late. Same thing as what LSU is doing with Poche. As long as you keep winning, you only need two starters at Omaha.

PLAY EVERY GAME LIKE IT IS YOUR LAST GAME EVER!
Bondag
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Both of these games today have been pretty similar. One team controlled the entire game only to blow it late.

Everyone please remember this if we give up a hit in the first tomorrow
Average Joe
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Average Joe said:

Is not just this season in this sport, though. There are times I swear the other team is throwing the game when they should win. Les Miles entire career there was full of instances like this.
aginlakeway
AG
Cy_Tolliver said:

Jeez lsu has the luck of the sips. Just once I'd like a team to melt down against us. Never seems to happen.

Davidson did.
W
AG
FSU has officially been charged with only 2 errors. But suffered 3 or 4 "plays not made"
Ag Eng 92
AG
FSU RF does not seem to be a strong fielder. His throw on the Deichman single bounced into to 2nd.... weak.
aggiewilliford
W said:

FSU has officially been charged with only 2 errors. But suffered 3 or 4 "plays not made"

Wow. That's being awfully kind to FSU.
aginlakeway
AG
PhatMack19 said:

Yep. Good observation. Looks like chalk may win.
MaroonStain
AG
Ag Eng 92 said:

FSU RF does not seem to be a strong fielder. His throw on the Deichman single bounced into to 2nd.... weak.

Besides the ball getting past him in the first place, yes weak throw....
aggiewilliford
I would like a shoe contract Jerry! That commercial is irritating.
Average Joe
AG
aginlakeway said:

Cy_Tolliver said:

Davidson did.

I only half agree. I think Davidson melted some, but their defense was suspect and they ran out of arms. What they did was more on their actual level than the higher level of play they had near the end of the season.
Bunk Moreland
Average Joe said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Average Joe said:

Is not just this season in this sport, though. There are times I swear the other team is throwing the game when they should win. Les Miles entire career there was full of instances like this.

Do you ever notice that the teams that are good or great more consistently than other teams... In any sport... Often are the most "lucky?"

I talked about this in my thread about RC. His biggest challenge has been getting one notch higher than his consistent level. If you put yourself in position to be lucky on the big stage more than most, you get lucky breaks more than most.

LSU and tu have both done that in baseball and football at a much more consistent rate than the Ags unfortunately

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.