Its pretty simple sips. You will do exactly what we tell you to do.

78,329 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tom Doniphon
99 Luftballoons Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know why Klanhorns would be commenting further on this thread as some sort of "victory." We still told you arrogant jackasses what to do and SINGLE-HANDEDLY shut down your unilateral FudgePac bid.

Seems pretty clear that this is how things transpired:

1. t.u. has been trying to get the Beavus Network up for a while now.
2. Nebraska and Misery start talking like they want to bail.
3. t.u. goes "OH SHEET!!! WE AIN'T READY"!!! WE NEED A FEW MORE YEARS TO GET BEAVUS TV GOING! WE NEED TO STALL THE BREAK-UP!
4. t.u. starts the FudgePac talks trying to get everybody on board so they don't lose their revenue on a bail penalty.
5. A&M doesn't play ball, gets attention from SEC and ignores little sister t.u. AND is likely to be rid of the tceh and gaylor problem.
6. t.u. says DOUBLE SHEET!!! WE WILL GET STUCK WITH THE REJECTS AND A&M WALKS FREE!!! NOOOO!!! So, t.u. decides to try and keep the Big 12 together because it doesn't want to go indy until Beavus is up, but doesn't want to allow A&M to get away from the coattails and recruit the sheet out of Texas in the SEC.
7. A&M is now going to be stuck losing millions in bail penalty a la Nebraska and CU unless they come back to the Big 12
8. A&M, after weighing options, still considers the SEC offer and will take the hit for the promise of 17 million a year.
9. t.u. tells the coattails they are SOL because t.u. will go Big 10 or Indy.
10. The coattails decide that they would rather have a conference than money. They (and Don Beebe/Big 12) agree to guarantee $20 million to A&M to stay, so t.u. won't bail on them and leave them conferenceless.
11. A&M knows the conference is going to crash in 2 or 3 years because t.u. will eventually go Indy. SEC is still an option, so A&M agrees to the $20 mill, knowing that it probably won't get paid or that other schools will start bailing one at a time until the conference is dead.
12. A&M has a confirmed, guaranteed $20 million a year OR a free ticket to the SEC with NO PENALTY.

Who got played? EVERYBODY!!!

t.u. got played at first by A&M, but Deloss made some good moves to stop A&M's free-pass exit. They just bought themselves a little more time to get Beavus up.

A&M got played by t.u. with the conference resurrection, but that $20 mill deal is a beauty. Either we don't get paid and we get back our FREE PASS to the SEC, or....WE GET $20 mill REGARDLESS OF HOW BAD WE SUCK ON THE FOOTBALL FIELD!!!
So, **** you idiots on here who still think A&M is not in control. We shut down your FudgePack and secured ourselves a guaranteed $20 mill a year.

As for the rest of the B12 Beyotches (and the rest are):

OU is t.u.'s beyotch. If they break apart, OU has no real ties to Texas recruiting---which is, what, 90% of their team? They got ****ed in the ass by t.u. with a sandpaper condom and begged for seconds. They have NO weight to speak of. They pray to Jesus that A&M never goes to the SEC or that t.u. never stops their yearly Dallas Trailerpark fest. Without t.u., blow U is a sheetstain, and those toothless, six-toed kokksukkers know it.

tceh is just a beyotch, period. You tards will do what Daddy A&M or Mommy t.u. says and you will like it.....and get us a sammich. Nuff said.

Same with Gaylor. They were DONE until the big boys reluctantly saved their asses. They were making calls to Conference USA, the WAC, and the Sun Belt. They decided they would rather get less or no money to take care of Daddy than to be a reject. Poor jackasses better rename the whole ****ing school Ann Richards University. The only thing even remotely saving your pathetic asses is a small minority of the legislature making empty threats and whining like the school-girl beyotches they are. KISS MY ASS, you bunch of loathsome peen-smokers.

ISU, Misery, KU, KSU, and Okie State are on a lower level of beyotch-hood. They have NOBODY in a state legislature lobbying or threatening the big boys to let them tag along. They eventually get tired of paying Daddy to serve him. Eventually, they would like to break even from having the pleasure of getting' Daddy a sammich and messaging his feet. They will bail one by one to the point where the conference implodes WITHOUT a penalty to A&M.

So, A&M worked out this deal:
1. A guaranteed $20 mill a year, at the expense of the beyotches, or
2. Get-out-of-jail-free card if the B12 defaults and #1, or
3. All the Beyotches get tired of paying to message Daddy's feet, and bail one by one, leaving a greater portion of the revenue to Daddy until no one is left, leaving Daddy to fulfill #2.

Now, tell us again how Daddy is not in charge? Did FudgePack work out? Did t.u. tell everybody what to do? DID ANYBODY ELSE other than A&M or t.u. have ANY say WHATSOEVER in the outcome?

So, yes, t.u. saved its own ass and will get Beavus TV up and running before A&M destroys their football program by jetting to the SEC. Call it a draw. We didn't get to escape to the SEC, and t.u. didn't get FudgePac. The gains?
t.u. - more time
A&M - $20 mill guaranteed, or SEC with $17 mill guaranteed and no buyout (be it default or crumbling Big 12)

We may not be in total control, but you sips know we have nearly equal power, and we are the ONLY other player.

And, before you even start, you jackass six-toe sisterbangers from BlowU can shut the **** up. You are t.u.'s beyotch and you know it.
UTex09
Pretty clear that 99 owns considerable space in some of y'alls domes.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Hey fake t-sips. Do a self-eval and listen to Utex (a real sip).

Do you agree with me, UTex? A&M and t.u. are the ONLY power brokers? Anything in my above post that you disagree with?
UTex09
quote:
Do you agree with me, UTex? A&M and t.u. are the ONLY power brokers? Anything in my above post that you disagree with?

Not sure how anyone could disagree with what you posted. A&M and UT have this conference swinging from their nutsacks.

Edit: A&M had more sway than most gave them credit for I think.

[This message has been edited by UTex09 (edited 10/20/2010 3:18p).]
FXST
A&M wouldn't have even been in the Big 12 if they didn't ride our coattails in. We should have taken TCU.

“Man is a natural polygamist: he always has one woman leading him by the nose, and another hanging on to his coattails.”
Henry Louis Mencken

David_Puddy
AG
^
You're posting this garbage every day on here at age 60. Wow!
Bonfire1996
AG
99 luft just put up a huge Plano Guy signal. I give him 30 minutes.

And let me go ahead and pre-empt him. OU has the #45 ranked media market in the land, and that is it. They have won half of the Big 12 titles this decade and they have no more clout than Tech. That is so fooking hilarious I cannot even contain myself.
FXST
And you follow my ass around every day at age 30, Wow!

highwayman
^

ding ding ding
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
FXST
posted 3:38p, 10/20/10

And you follow my ass around every day at age 30, Wow!

Wrong. You're on an Aggie website first of all. I'm an Aggie and you're not, so I belong here. You post on several threads and I kick you in the junk and remind you how big of a dumbass that you are. That's not following you around, as much as you wish that it were.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
cue:
quote:
Rivalries
Aggie Opponents, Rivals, and Guests

...as if it makes some of these tools less obsessed or grants them permission to act like jackholes.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
OU is t.u.'s beyotch! Hello? Plano?
The Violence Channel
Texas always wanted to keep the Big 12 together. It seems like they assumed that without Nebraska and Colorado the Big 12 was dead. I can't imagine they were able to foresee a scenario where not only would the conference survive, but that the economics would be better for UT after the defections.

A few things that were true about A&M's position in all this. Should the Big 12 blow up, Texas would have been better off had A&M accompanied the other schools to the Pac-10. It would have been in Texas' interest to maintain that regional 'bloc' in influencing the future of that conference as well as proximity to more teams.

So could A&M have made Texas incrementally worse off by going to the SEC? I think so. It would open Texas up more to SEC recruiters and Texas would lose an ally in conference negotiations. It would have nothing (in my opinion) to do with the relative positions of A&M and UT. Ultimately, I think A&M would be worse off in the SEC than the Pac-10 with Texas. Recruiting would be tougher, schedules would be arguably tougher and they would have no leverage as the only Texas team in the conference.

Texas is always going to what is in its best interest. Maintaining the Big 12 is in its best interest and is definitely better than teaming up with the Pac-10 teams.

The way things worked out, both schools are 'better off'. Both teams will make more money. The balance of power shifted further south. The road to a Big 12 championship and a national championship got easier. And as far as I can tell the OOC scheduling has more than made up for the loss of Nebraska and Colorado as name programs from the schedule.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
TVC,

I don't necessarily disagree with that. I do think in the long run t.u. will go Indy and A&M to the SEC and long-term, both will be better off. A few things we can all agree on:

1. Tech sucks
2. Baylor should have never been invited
3. OU has its mouth firmly around the nards of Bevo (or the empty sack that once contained his nards)
4. Nobody cares about Okie Lite
5. F the North
LonghornsNo1
I also agree with everything 99 said at the top of this page. Although he was a bit "off" when this thread started, his post-evaluation is spot on. Disagree with his theories? Look at Texas' future schedule. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

A&M parlayed it's potential departure to the SEC into a huge piece of the pie.

Don't believe A&M is a huge power broker in this deal? Look at the state of its program and the money it still commands. 99 is right. The thing coveted is not the schools as much as it is the TV dollars.

Ultimately, A&M will end up in the SEC and Texas will be Indy. And OU will be able to thank A&M for carrying them along to the SEC because trust me, the SEC would MUCH rather have the Ags than the Sooners, for the simple reason of the ultimate goal stated above.
The Violence Channel
I think it would be a disaster for Texas to go independent. I think it is one of those things that sound good in theory. "We're so awesome we don't need a conference." First, I'm not sure the economics would be as good as we have it now. Can we find an 'NBC' that is going to pay us north of $20mm for 6 or 7 home games? I can't imagine that's the case. And then what happens if you go through a slump around TV renegotiation time? Seems like fools gold.

What I find more intriguing is a 'national conference' setup. If you could take some of the perennially good (and popular) teams from a number of conferences (ie, the speculation about USC, Texas, Notre Dame, BYU, etc) and create a new conference. The economics would have to be so good that it would make up for the cost of travel, the inconvenience of the fans and the blowing up of all the traditional rivalries.

Net, net...we're in a crap region with very few really good options.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
Four 16 team superconferences are coming- The SEC will be one (and A&M will be in the SEC), the PAC 10 will be one, the Big 10 will be one and then one will form out of the east. IMO there won't be room for independants in football, as you will have to affiliate to gain one of the two avialable playoff division spots in your conference affiliation. These teams may form outside of ncaa affiliation, ultimately dooming not only the bowls but possibly also the ncaa. This has been speculated about since the assistant coach's pay fiasco bungling by the ncaa, and everytime no outright champion can be declared.

[This message has been edited by 13 0 Branding Iron (edited 10/20/2010 6:23p).]
UTex09
quote:

Four 16 team superconferences are coming- The SEC will be onem (and A&M will be in the SEC), the PAC 10 will be one, the Big 10 will be one and then one will form out of the east. IMO there won't be room for independants in football, as you will have to affiliate to one of the two division spots in your conference affiliation. These teams may form outside of ncaa affiliation, ultimately dooming not only the bowls but possibly also the ncaa. This has been speculated about since the assistant coach's pay fiasco bungling by the ncaa, and everytime no outright champion can be declared.

This.

[This message has been edited by UTex09 (edited 10/20/2010 6:01p).]
Hamburger Dan
Ah Yes, June 2010. The glorious days of SEC talk. I was big time supporter of pi$$in' in the ashes of this dumpster fire of a conference, and joining up with the big boys. Do I feel stupid now. But you have to wonder what would have happened if byrne and loftin wouldn't have screwed the pooch and we had bailed. New blood, new excitement, freedom from the whorns, maybe even more money. Who knew?
Bonfire1996
AG
Thins I believe....

1. 99 was nails in this thread, along with myself from the get go
2. texas will go independent in football and join the Pac 12 in other sports with a joint tv deal. The football tv revenue will e too much to pass up.
3. A&M will go to the SEC and OU will kick and scream to join us, but their fan base will never understand the truth regarding their standing in terms of media buying.
4. I believe the NCAA will die as an organization as they will call the bluff of tv execs and athletic directors of the 64 schools thinking of joining super conferences.
5. The four super conferences will create a new organization to govern.
6. That organization will be have a global media deal with all the major networks and the NFL. This will effectively create the NFL minor leagues.
7. Football players will be paid a stipend and agents will be out of the picture or risk NFL sanctions.
8. The federal government will threaten all kinds of measures around Title IX and anti-trust scenarios until the organization agrees to pay an annual tax to the IRS that is around $100 Million.
texasfight68
And brandi hits it out of the park. a&m goes to the SEC and UT relies on its large alumni base and widespread popularity (cue the t-shirt references) to get an invitation to join either the Pac-10 which it just rejected or the SEC which it has publicly stated to have no interest in.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
I look forward to seeing this same thread 2 years from now to see how things pan out

-----------------------------------------------------

Hellraiser97
quote:
And let me go ahead and pre-empt him. OU has the #45 ranked media market in the land, and that is it. They have won half of the Big 12 titles this decade and they have no more clout than Tech. That is so fooking hilarious I cannot even contain myself.

What rank is the Bryan/College Station media market?

Hook 'Em Horns

Hellraiser97

--

"Ya'll can go to Hell, I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS" -- Davy Crockett
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

What rank is the Bryan/College Station media market?

89 Waco-Temple-Bryan, TX 344,020 0.297

OU's crappy market is right there with that massive Austin market.
44 Austin, TX 707,430 0.610
45 Oklahoma City, OK 704,670 0.608

Mmmaaaahahahaaaaa!!!

Didn't turn out too well for you did it, Klanraiser?
Hellraiser97
Well, you pretty much proved that it doesn't matter what the home TV market is, so who gives a **** what OKC is rated? It's all about total TV sets.

Hook 'Em Horns

Hellraiser97

--

"Ya'll can go to Hell, I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS" -- Davy Crockett
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Well, you pretty much proved that it doesn't matter what the home TV market is, so who gives a **** what OKC is rated? It's all about total TV sets.

And Blow U dominates only one.
DaRootas Big D
quote:
And then what happens if you (Texas) go through a slump around TV renegotiation time? Seems like fools gold.

Ask Notre Dame...they have been cashing fat checks all the way through the Davie/Willingham/Weiss era.
Ansel
I just happened on this thread.

As much as I would love to believe that A&M owns tu, it's clear that the events of this past summer proved without a doubt that the opposite is true.

Right now, tu has the money, the fans, the huge fanbase, the stadium and pretty much everything else on us. That will change in the future but, as of this writing, it is true.

Nearly every one of their games is televised and we have a very difficult time getting on TV.
Bonfire1996
AG
Hell raiser is a fooking dumbass.

Texas A&M and Texas will be able to bring Houston and Dallas tv markets into their "viewing" area.

This single fact is why texas was unwilling to go Pac 10 if A&M went SEC. They were not going to compete with the SEC for tv sets given the current tv deals. SEC is on ESPN National, ABC Regional & National, and CBS National. Pac 10 is on ABC Regional and FSN National. texas would be an afterthought in the Pac 10 in Texas if the SEC got its meat hooks into the Dallas and Houston media markets.
Bonfire1996
AG
Holy mother eff. Pages 3 and 4 of this post are gold.
Bonfire1996
AG
Holy fu[k
Tom Doniphon
quote:
I look forward to seeing this same thread 2 years from now to see how things pan out

Welcome to the future.
Old Wooden Ship
AG
All the recent bumps just show how ****ing entitled and wrong the tards and the sips that walked around here were. Sad sacks of sh-t
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
Tom Doniphon2:43p

quote:

Welcome to the future.

Yes, we are in the great SEC. T shirts left this board to infest TCU and WV boards.
AgDotCom
Holy balls.....even the sip ref weighs in with this after Alabama cawk slapped them 5 months prior.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.