Its pretty simple sips. You will do exactly what we tell you to do.

78,180 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tom Doniphon
booleyHorn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wait a minute - A&M is somehow rsponsible for UT's national appeal?
UT is the most lucrative athletic department in the nation because of some sort of association with A&M?!?

Who knew? Not me ......
Five1Two
We like being in the same conference as baby brother. It's traidtion; something aggies have never understood (and are clearly willing to abandon now).
Happy Kuykendahl
You're just a t-shirt fan whose opinion matters not
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Wait a minute - A&M is somehow rsponsible for UT's national appeal?
UT is the most lucrative athletic department in the nation because of some sort of association with A&M?!?

Who knew? Not me ......

For the LOVE OF GOD!!!

I have never seen so many klanhorns completely ignore the point over and over. Just keep launching these blimps. It'll change your unequal negotiating position eventually (maybe).
Hood
AG
Yeah, if there's something Aggies are absolutely oblivious to, it's tradition.

You're a ****ing parody, Fiveduncetwo.
Five1Two
Aggies: please join the SEC. Without us.

That gives us all we will need to force the Pac 10 to allow us to start The Longhorn Network.
Detective Bannable
Klanwhorns, I'd like a response to this argument:

A kid that commits to any SEC East school would get to play exactly one game back home against A&M.

A kid that commits to the SEC West would get to play exactly two games back home against A&M.

A kid that commits to A&M would get to play in the premier football conference and get to stay at home.

In reality the SEC gains very little advantage over A&M in recruiting if the recruit is interested in staying in Texas. If he isn't then we wouldn't have had a shot him anyway so it doesn't matter.
Five1Two
quote:
Yeah, if there's something Aggies are absolutely oblivious to, it's tradition.
I know, right?
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
84 Horn
Re: Texags GOLD

Wow, **** is really jumping on the "cleverness" bandwagon as it heads towards the cliff...

Again. Klanhorns are soooo worried about A&M's wellbeing. Thanks, klanhorns. We love you butt****ers too.

Bonfire1996
AG
512 - you are a dumbass. The Pac 10 has already stated there will be no individual networks.

highwayman - why is my post "Wow" worthy? Does texas think it has the magical power to nullify a contractual relationship the SEC has with CBS/ESPN/ABC valued at over $200 Million? Are you that fuggin arrogant?

Let me bold this for you....If A&M goes SEC, the ESPN/CBS/ABC affiliates in the Dallas and Houston TV markets will be required, by a contractual relationship already in existence, to show SEC football from 11:00 am cst until 11:00 pm cst. Where the fook is texas going to be on television? Fox Sports Net, that's where. Unless Fox broadcast and NBC broadcast decide to invest tens of millions of dollars in creating college football coverage from scrap. By the way, NBC sports projects to lose $200 Million in fiscal 2010, so I don't think GE is making that plunge.

Game, set, match. A&M to the SEC will destroy texas football's current situation.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
+ 1 what bonfire said.

That's why klanhorn Chip and fatass Ketchup are weeping and wailing.

We are in control, not you, klanhorns.

MasonStorm
and a kid who commits to the Pac 16 south will have many many more chances to play in Texas over his four years with Texas, Tech, Baylor and OU, OKst could move a game to Dallas as well.

If you want to play in a big time conf, play traditional rivals, go to the NFL, play for titles and play many more of your games close to home (more than any other BCS conf; not that the SEC doesn't offer the same perks sans location, and rivals) then the Pac 16 not the big 12 or 10 or SEC will be the place to be. Will be a huge boost in recruiting for Tech and possibly Baylor.

All just as probable as A&M significantly boosting its recruiting.

the TV times are moot. Only one road game vs the west each season can be played at 230.

[This message has been edited by MasonStorm (edited 6/11/2010 9:47a).]
Mr. Fancy Pants
quote:
the TV times are mute.

GAAAH!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE
highwayman
First off, the SEC has no contract with ESPN on ABC

Secondly, do you think the SEC's contract with CBS and ESPN permit them to show ONLY SEC games? Is that really how you thyink it works?

Third, do you really believe Texas games would be hard to find?
paradox183
quote:
Florida and UGA would play 1 game every 4 years in all likelihood in College Station.

That's not really going to boost their Texas recruiting, but being in the SEC will boost ours.

Any school's best recruiting tool is winning games, something A&M has not done a lot of lately.

I suppose it is possible that A&M's recruiting benefits from joining the SEC. I suppose it's also possible that Texas' recruiting will suffer, although I think it would be at the hands of the other SEC schools and not A&M. However, it's also possible that A&M gets overwhelmed on the field and loses even more ground in February. To deny this is myopic at best.

FWIW, I don't like the Pac 10 plan either. I would rather have Texas join the Big 10.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
past_coach
Re: Texags GOLD

All it takes in one poster to make a statement that becomes "fact" No evidence needed. Must be nice to be that open to new ideas.

By all means, klanhorn tell me what facts would satisfy you? It's all speculation on my part anyway, right? So why is t.u. sitting with its thumb up its ass. GET THE **** OUT OF THE B12 ALREADY!!!

99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:

FWIW, I don't like the Pac 10 plan either. I would rather have Texas join the Big 10.

Well, ya'll are the donkey's balls and everybody would cut off their left nuts to add t.u. to their conference. Make the jump. Why wait?

Five1Two
quote:
512 - you are a dumbass. The Pac 10 has already stated there will be no individual networks.
Wow. You totally have your finger on the pulse of current events.

Reminds of that one time, when the SEC said they weren't interested in expansion. Come to think of it, it was the day before yesterday. http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4193155

It's almost as if--and this is crazy, I know--what the conference commissioners publicly say, and what they're actually willing to do, are two different things.

Almost.

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/11/2010 9:49a).]
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
GET YOUR OWN NETWORK t.u. GO FOR IT!!!

Gigem713
regrarding tv viewership, if your argument is correct that aTm to the SEC will greatly reduce UT's viewership, that implies that there is a strong market for watching aTm football on TV. While I love watching my Aggies, the fact that we had so few games televised last year and the year before belies that argument. Just sayin'.
A History Of Violence
AG
OP...

JTaylor
quote:
CenTx - It isn't want. They are scared.

Scared of the SEC West? Do you realize that if Texas joined they would be favored to win that division from the start? That it would have two SWC teams in it that Texas has whipped for 100 years joining forces with freakin Ole Miss and Miss St.? And then LSU, who would be easier on an annual basis that OU? Why would Texas be scared of that?

Please go to the SEC. The Pac-16 would take Kansas instead. At least they have been successful in something and they'll be adding an unquestioned basketball elite that's had more recent footballs success than A&M. All the SEC will be adding is middle-of-the-road depth - a program that regularly goes to lower-tier bowls, makes it to the first weekend of March Madness and has won two games ever in Omaha. Who gives a crap.

[This message has been edited by JTaylor (edited 6/11/2010 9:56a).]
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
Let me bold this for you....If A&M goes SEC, the ESPN/CBS/ABC affiliates in the Dallas and Houston TV markets will be required, by a contractual relationship already in existence, to show SEC football from 11:00 am cst until 11:00 pm cst. Where the fook is texas going to be on television? Fox Sports Net, that's where. Unless Fox broadcast and NBC broadcast decide to invest tens of millions of dollars in creating college football coverage from scrap. By the way, NBC sports projects to lose $200 Million in fiscal 2010, so I don't think GE is making that plunge.

Game, set, match. A&M to the SEC will destroy texas football's current situation.

Damn.
Harry Stone
AG
jtaylor is ****ing pissed folks
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
Reminds of that one time, when the SEC said they weren't interested in expansion. Come to think of it, it was the day before yesterday. http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/4193155

CNNSI reported that the SEC initiated contact with us 2 months ago, and we've had ongoing talks since then.

Another blimp shot down. Give it up.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
regrarding tv viewership, if your argument is correct that aTm to the SEC will greatly reduce UT's viewership, that implies that there is a strong market for watching aTm football on TV. While I love watching my Aggies, the fact that we had so few games televised last year and the year before belies that argument. Just sayin'.

No it doesn't imply anything. The SEC holds contracts requiring the Texas locals to carry SEC games if A&M is in the conference. It's that simple.
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
Please go to the SEC.

Thanks, we will. Now quit commenting on the subject since yall don't care about it.
Detective Bannable
JTaylor doesn't care so much that he came over here with all of his klanhorn brethern to ***** and whine about how they're in control. Makes perfect sense
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
patch
posted 9:44a, 06/11/10

First off, the SEC has no contract with ESPN on ABC

Yeah, that's why the SEC is on ESPN every week.

Good grief you're a stupid ****.
highwayman
ESPN is a different broadcast than ESPN on ABC, dumbass

[This message has been edited by highwayman (edited 6/11/2010 9:59a).]
Big Meaty Claws
Everyone is talking about how great the SEC/CBS contract is. True it is great contract, but it is already signed for 5-6 years and pays each ORIGINAL SEC team 17-18million per year (I think that is the number) Adding A&M dilutes that number, so in the short term until the contract runs out and can be renegotiated, each SEC team will not make as much money.

If the Texas Schools go to the PAC 10, their contract is over next year, so a new much much bigger contract will be signed and will dwarf the SEC and the Big 10 contract.

Since money rules the world, I say go to the PAC 10
Happy Kuykendahl
What ****ing difference does that make? ESPN is owned by ABC.

If you care so little about us going to the SEC, quit ****ing commenting on the subject.
Detective Bannable
Exactly who will be paying all of this cash for a new PAC 16 contract?
highwayman
poor welcher booze
Happy Kuykendahl
The SEC TV contract states that it will be reworked with more money and still having equal revenue sharing if the SEC expands.

Sorry to shoot down your stupid blimp.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.