Its pretty simple sips. You will do exactly what we tell you to do.

78,290 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tom Doniphon
CS77840
How long do you want to ignore this user?
if the Big XII dissolves as is likely, ABC's programming in the 230 slot on Saturdays was almost always Big XII with some Pac 10, if there's no Big XII then that opens up ABC for the Pac 16 or whatever. The SEC cannot be on ABC at that time because its on CBS, so therefore NBC shows Neutered Dame, CBS shows the SEC, and ABC would show the Pac 16. Fox national could become a player possibly, and they do promote well..not talking about Fox Southwest or whatever.

So it seems to me that Texas would still be on ABC for the most part excluding non-conference games. And as long as any major football school continues to win and brings large numbers of TV sets to the party, the networks will find ways to move game times whether it means starting at 230 on ABC, 600 on ESPN 1/2.
Contracts can always be renegotiated or broken and just pay it off. Yes CBS does a fine job with their SEC telecasts, but be honest, just because A&M is in the SEC does not mean they'll be on CBS. Vandy and Miss St for example are in the SEC and how many of their games are shown at 230 on CBS? Jefferson Pilot and Raycome say hello.
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
Contracts can always be renegotiated or broken and just pay it off.
HA! Someone tell Disney they are about to write a check to the SEC for over $1 Billion to break their contract.

ABC/ESPN is contractually obligated to air football games for the Big 10, the ACC, the Big East, and the SEC. Hundreds of games. Sure they aired a 2:30 regional game for the Pac 10 and the Big 12, but it rarely aired East of the Texas State line. They nearly always shared it with the ACC, Big East, Big 10. Whatever new deal the Pac 16 signs could be with ABC/ESPN, but you will be sharing time with their existing contracts.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Contracts can always be renegotiated or broken and just pay it off. Yes CBS does a fine job with their SEC telecasts, but be honest, just because A&M is in the SEC does not mean they'll be on CBS. Vandy and Miss St for example are in the SEC and how many of their games are shown at 230 on CBS? Jefferson Pilot and Raycome say hello.

Again, it's not about A&M's success. It's about t.u.'s demise. A big chunk of the TV viewers in Texas are now interested in SEC action OVER FudgePac and t.u.
johnnyyou
I am a MAN I am 40!. I NEGOTIATE FOR A LIVING!!!

HOOKEM
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
I'M AN ACU WILDCAT. I'M A KLANHORN FAN. I MATTER.

CS77840
the tv viewers are interested in whichever game is the best match up at that one point in time and most of us being huge sports fans dont stay on one game the entire game unless it is our team whomever that may be. We channel flip. We have money on multiple games. One game goes to commercial you grab the remote and flip to the next game. A top ranked team in the top 5, top 10, be it Texas or whomever will be on TV just as much as always and will always carry as many TV sets as it traditionally has. And will probably be in the same time slot it has. Yea a Pac 16 game of Wazzu and OreSt starts at 930 our time because no one cares, a top 10 Oklahoma playing against Wash St would get a 6 or 7pm our time zone slot on one of the networks because the network has the power to step in and change the start time for TV
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
So, why would you give a crap if we parted ways? Go to the fudgepac 10!! PULL THE ****ING TRIGGER!!!
CS77840
I personally dont care if the two part ways, and I dont control pulling the trigger. If A&M thinks the SEC is best for them, fine. I think its a bad move if they do, yea you'd be in the SEC but I think you'd get much less TV time than you do now or would moving out west and being on TV every week is what gets in recruits heads. If Texas or OU or both are in the top 5/top 10, they'll still be on TV regardless of conference affiiation. Just because you're A&M does not mean you're getting on CBS every week. The Kentuckys, Miss St's, Vandys are in the SEC too and dont get much run on TV let alone CBS. Whereas, being in the Pac 16 a Tech v A&M is a potential TV draw because of the number of TV sets in Texas. A&M playing South Carolina is not.
Bonfire1996
AG
Jeebus, do we have to go through this again?

Network TV brass don't give a crap who is good when they negotiate the actual contracts. They care when the schedule the games, but when they negotiate contracts, it is simply about what markets the product is in. How many potential viewers are there.

If A&M goes to the SEC, they join a conference with existing contracts in place with ABC/ESPN/CBS. The network affiliates in Houston and Dallas will become a part of the SEC viewing area because the ABC/ESPN/CBS brass in New York will dictate the terms to the affiliates.

Texas and OU can't simply get on TV wherever they want because of who they are, there are legally negotiated contracts that must provide the opportunity for the game to be aired.

The SEC will take its existing deal, exercise its right to renegotiate when it adds A&M to up the amount of money. The networks will oblige with more money and in return they will air the games in expanded markets, Dallas, Houston and San Antonio.

It doesn't matter if A&M is good or not, all that matteers is if they are in the SEC. If they join the SEC, texas' options to get on television will be severely limited due to the power of the SEC and its media contracts.

The Pac 16 will get a monster contract somewhere, but it won't be at ABC/ESPN/CBS. All three are in the first few years of major deals with the Big 10, ACC, SEC, Big East and have in excess of $5 Billion comitted long term.

The Pac 16 will be on FSN, Fox, and NBC. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Bonfire 1996 (edited 6/11/2010 12:50p).]
CS77840
My point is we all agree the existing Big XII TV deal sucks. Yet Texas/OU still find their way into good TV slots as it is. So any future TV deal cant really be any worse than the existing TV deal. So therefore, if Texas/OU have good TV spots now, they'll continue to have them as long as they are nationally relevant. Thus recruits will still go to Texas/OU over the SEC. Yes the SEC has a sweet deal with the networks, but ABC/ESPN has deals with many conferences not just the SEC.

When its saturday afternoon I dont watch the Big XII because its the Big XII, I wouldnt watch the SEC because its the SEC. I watch whichever game is to me the best matchup or whichever game I have money bet on. And with cable and satellite every game involving someone in the top 25 is on, and plenty of games are on for thsoe teams not ranked. If A&M vs Tech is on ABC at 230 opposite Florida vs Tennessee, I live in Texas but I'm watching Florida, not because its SEC, but because Florida is ranked in the top 5. By the same token if A&M moves to the SEC and is playing LSU at 7pm on ESPN, but a top 5 USC is playing a top 20 Stanford on FOX, then I'm watching FOX because thats a better game. The best games always find their way onto the screen and football fans will find a way to watch their game or their team.

Personally, I'd love for Texas to go SEC, develop something with LSU along the lines of the OU game, play it in Houston where its almost in the middle between Austin/Baton Rouge. Just like A&M/LSU would be a good rivalry. I dont get a vote in what conference Texas goes to, I was born in New Orleans so my personal preference would be to have UT in the SEC. I know many Horns who would rather the Big Televen, I'm not one of them. If I can take the weekend off and fly out for a game I'm sorry but Arizona or Georgia is much more desriable destination than Indiana.

99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Looks like Daddy is gonna dictate to the sips where they are going to go, like it or not.

Do what your Daddy tells you, sips.

Bonfire1996
AG
to the mother effin top.

This post may reach epic status given the timestamps.

Texas will do what A&M tells it to do, that is a near certainty at this point.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
quote:
Get in the SEC with us or perish, beyotches
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Can somebody with a nutlessbovinefans.com account, please bump this thread so we can laugh at the sips.

A Corda
Tell me again how this works!!!!
Randall Watson
KipsBigBoy
LMFAO!!!!!

WOW!!!!

The pwnage on this thread is going to be epic.......

Look at it this way Ags....at least big brother UT got you paid some serious coin.

Now the seat on UT's coattails will be a fine corinthian leather chair, AND you can buy some nice new bling after you get your athletic department out of hock.
BDog
LOL
Happy Kuykendahl
Hey kiplovesboys: The Aggies made tu cave into our demands, getting an equal share of the TV money.

You're one dumb mother ****er.
Randall Watson
quote:
The Aggies made tu cave into our demands, getting an equal share of the TV money.

It isn't coming out of our pocket, and we get to start our own network. That's got to help recruiting and will put an extra $3 to $5 million a year in our pocket.

Good luck trying to pass us, OU, and tard.
ifpt999
What next Daddy A&M?
dmac80
Even you can't be that stupid. Yep, Texas got worked by the ags. Texas no longer will get the biggest share.... oh wait. Texas wont have their own network... oh wait. Texas will no longer control things..... oh wait. You are so butthurt over no SEC it's worth throwing a&m a few bucks. SEC, SEC, SEC !!!
huisache
This is a marvelous thread, really. I am so happy for you Aggies, you get more money and you get to keep getting opportunities to beat UT. Excuse me, I meant tu.

"I wonder whether the world is run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."

------Mark Twain
squid
boozin gets up close and personal with Randall's foot....

Bonfire1996
AG
So let me get this straight tsip who think this thread is full of ownage....

Yesterday -

1. Texas could expect double the amount of TV revenue of its next closest competitor in the Big 12.
2. Texas had the right to start its own network.

Today -
1. Texas will share revenue in close proximity, albeit more than, to Texas A&M and OU, but can still expect to double the revenue of Kansas, Baylor, Tech, KSU, and Iowa State
2. Texas still has the right to start its own network.

Explain to me how texas is in a better position today than they were in yesterday. A&M and OU just cut into your revenue lead by $5 Million a piece without selling a ticket. A&M used it's clout as a 47,000 student University with 250,000 former students, and it's proximity to the Houston and Dallas TV markets, currently in its worst football period in three decades, to shorten the revenue gap between itself and texas by more than $8 Million.

And before you rebut this argument sips, A&M's TV revenue increased $13 Million with this deal. I think it is Bullsh and we should be SEC bound, but did texas' TV revenue go up $13 Million? Nope.

[This message has been edited by Bonfire 1996 (edited 6/14/2010 10:15p).]
texasfight68
quote:
Explain to me how texas is in a better position today than they were in yesterday.

Yesterday Texas didn't have the right to form its own network and keep all the revenue. Today it does. Clear enough?
Bonfire1996
AG
texasfight - Can you not read?

You have had the right to start your own network since the Big 12 was formed. The only reason it is even being discussed is whether or not the Pac 10 would have allowed it. You have always had the right under the terms of the Big 12 media deal.

So get after it fickface.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
You ****ers didn't win. Our BOR lost like *****es. Any one of us running the show would have SECede your asses last week.

You *****es got lucky, that's all.

Publiushorn
quote:
You have no choice. You will join us in the SEC or we will go alone. Doing so will kill your football program, and you know it.

We are your Daddy, and you will do as we command. Get in the SEC with us or perish, beyotches.

what was that?
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Too bad I didn't get to control things.

This ain't over, beyotch. Too many other schools pizzed about the uneven split.

FXST
The only thing simple in this thread is Luftballoons.

USC entered the game boasting a 34-game win streak, two Heisman Trophy winners and a recent ESPN hype machine special that compared them to some of the best teams ever. Texas had Vince Young. No contest.

I sent the club a wire stating, Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.
GM
Dogus Balbay eats puppies
Rabbe's still mad!
HornsRuleU
Wow! It's been 5 pages and no one has pointed out about the Texas Legislature, and what they'd do if either Texas or A&M tried to go their separate way? Don't y'all remember what they did when lowly Baylor was about to be left alone? Do you REALLY think they're going to let Texas and A&M be separated? Think of the the money lost. It ain't a happenin', sistuh...

Let's imagine the Legislature were looking the other way, and they DID allow you to go the SEC. Where do you think you'd land in the SEC's pecking order? I'm talking football. It wouldn't be high.

All you're doing is proving the arguments of Longhorns who believe that Aggies don't really want to achieve excellence, as long as you can succeed in tweaking Longhorns. So being mediocre or even sucking is OK, as long as you can say "t.u." or "booger" or "Cart" or whatever new tweak you've dreamed up that you think makes Longhorns angry.

I wish your program well, but I wish fans like the OP would grow up.

[This message has been edited by HornsRuleU (edited 10/19/2010 9:49a).]
MadMax
I'm not sure why It's so hard to understand for you klanhorns that being in separate conferences would actually be a benefit to both schools. Kind of like when UM and FSU were in separate conferences. Each team was successful every year. It might be the fact that you are afraid of sharing you arrogant ****s.
John Winger
what a cute thread.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.