Its pretty simple sips. You will do exactly what we tell you to do.

78,156 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tom Doniphon
Wildcat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
You have no choice. You will join us in the SEC or we will go alone. Doing so will kill your football program, and you know it.

We are your Daddy, and you will do as we command. Get in the SEC with us or perish, beyotches.

Who among us has this level of clairvoyance?
Wildcat
AG
quote:
quote:
CenTx - It isn't want. They are scared.

Scared of the SEC West? Do you realize that if Texas joined they would be favored to win that division from the start? That it would have two SWC teams in it that Texas has whipped for 100 years joining forces with freakin Ole Miss and Miss St.? And then LSU, who would be easier on an annual basis that OU? Why would Texas be scared of that?

Please go to the SEC. The Pac-16 would take Kansas instead. At least they have been successful in something and they'll be adding an unquestioned basketball elite that's had more recent footballs success than A&M. All the SEC will be adding is middle-of-the-road depth - a program that regularly goes to lower-tier bowls, makes it to the first weekend of March Madness and has won two games ever in Omaha. Who gives a crap.

[This message has been edited by JTaylor (edited 6/11/2010 9:56a).]

And an appearance from our favorite ref on this old gem.
Dr. Mephisto
AG
Dear sips,

Please read all of this thread, then retreat into your Appletini at Oil Can Harry's, and consider how useless, stupid, and irrelevant you are at sports futures.

Dear JTaylor,

You are a corrupt POS--you know it and so do we--and it's funny how your tu ball-sucking resulted in their ultimate fade from relevance.

Eat it, you biased d-ou-ch-e!

Busdriver99
AG
TTT
ccatag
AG
quote:
to the mother effin top.

This post may reach epic status given the time stamps.

Texas will do what A&M tells it to do, that is a near certainty at this point.

Epic status, indeed!
agent-maroon
AG
This thread somehow showed up on my watchlist as having a new reply to be read. It didn't have anything new and I can't explain why TexAgs showed that it did, but it is still a great read over 6 years later. Especially since we have the benefit of history that shows mostly everything predicted about sips future has been spot on.

Happy Independence Day!

ETA - I guess it did have something new after all. Enjoy
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
quote:
Bonfire 19961:13a, 6/11/10
512 - No, his argument is that the SEC has CBS/ABC/ESPN on contractual lockdown. If A&M goes SEC, texas will not be on CBS or ESPN at all, all season, and on ABC maybe twice. The rest of their games will be on FSN unless NBC or Fox broadcast comes off the sidelines.

That is the deathnail for the texas program

6 years later, tu/OU game to be on FS1, but sips assure us nothing to see here
Rocco S
quote:
what happens if A&M decides to join the rest of thier brethren to the PAC 16? Threads like this will look awfully stupid dontcha think?

I for one would hate to see you go but you have to do what you think is best. good luck to the ags wherever they may end up.....it's been fun

ps. since you negotiate for a living hopefully you're better at it than this message board thingy

[This message has been edited by Rabbe (edited 6/11/2010 12:40a).]
LOL
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
It's posts like these is why masonstorm only pops his head out once every two years now

quote:
benefit of TX, OU USC v anyone is very appealing to local affiliates, more so than A&M v just about anyone.

these affiliates will DEMAND to show OU and TX as they are their biggest draws. (think Fox affiliates boycotting Conan)

How's that "DEMAND" going?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
tu in the Big 3 sports in B12 before and after we left.

tu Football:
1996-2011: 153-51=.750 thats a 9.5 wins per year and 1 NC and 9-5 in bowls
2012-2015: 28-23 = .549 thats 7 wins per year and 1-2 on bowl games, haven't won more than 9 games

tu Basketball:
1996-2011/12: 374-156 = .705 with 3 conference champs/co-champs and 1x Final 4, 2x Elite 8, 3x Sweet 16, 4x Second Round
2012-2015/16: 80-56 = .588 with just making it past the NCAA first round once.

tu Baseball:
1997-2012: 696-323 = .683 with 2x CWS champs, 4x other CWs appearances and 6 other Regionals, 43.5 wins per year
2013-1016: 125-102 = .550 with 1 CWS appearance and 1 regional appearance, 31 wins per year

Also the coach has been "fired" in all three in the last 3 years
Mack after 2013 (2013-14 academic year)
Barnes after 2014-15
Gurrido after 2016

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

TAMU in the same post B12 period

TAMU football: 36-16 = .692 and 3-1 in bowl games, 9 wins per year

TAMU basketball: 81-52 = .609 and made the NCAASweet 16 and SEC co-champs

TAMU baseball: 169-85 = .665 and 2x Super Regionals and 2x Regionals plus conference tourney champs, 42 wins per year
DayAg!
S
quote:

I don't know if UT is throwing a hissy fit or not.

I do know that some informed sources have said that A&M will join the Pac 16 and it will be announced as early as tomorrow.
quote:
The Pac-10 will create its own network, and/or

FSN will cough up some cash, and/or

NBC will, and/or

a pay-per-view arrangement will be created, etc.

The demand is there. The rest is just gravity
quote:
Obviously, Texas could join the SEC tomorrow if we wanted to. As it turns out, we simply don't. aTm does, and by all means, have at it. But the notion that "independence" equals "superiority" is just silly. And the idea that the ESPN/SEC contract is the end-all be-all of college football TV contracts is equally silly.
Just a few gems from the most delusional crowd.

I keep saying it over and over but these thick headed sips just wont realize what has happened. A&M is not the same institution it was 60 years ago. Their hands are not tied anymore and since most of the obstacles that limited growth have been taken care of. A&M is well on its way and has surpassed tu in a lot of areas. Most sips on here can only think of the past and cant see were their demise began and A&M started to gain momentum. But they'll quickly throw out the all time W/L record and puff out their little concave chests and say "poor aggies." I for one like it that they still believe things are status quo. Because they are not. Never again in the history of the 2 colleges in modern times will tu ever be able to say they are Texas. They used to be Texas when A&M was out making history on the battlefields on foreign soil. It's all over. They just havent realized it yet.
Junction1956
A delightful find!

Some background, the SEC was NEVER interested in the University of Texas. There are several cogent facts that need to come to light.

(1.) Texas would never have the votes. Alabama was adamant against Texas even being considered. The SEC was reminded of prior negotiations with Texas in 1986 in which Deloss Dodds wanted Texas admitted to the SEC.

It wasn't until later that the SEC found out that the "leak" to the Texas Legislature was from law makers representing the University of Texas interests before the legislature finance committee. Texas made sure the legislature enjoined Texas from moving conferences unless Texas A&M was also part. It gave Texas an out so that allowed cover for additional funding bills for Austin and it's system.

The SEC was gamed, we did not like it, and more importantly, we remembered.

(2.) Frank Broyles of Arkansas gave us invaluable insight into the University of Texas tactics and how Texas
thinks and operates.

(3.) The University of Missouri was approached through back channels when they expressed interest in moving to the B1G.

(4.) Network development required major TV markets. As the SEC saw the failed Texas move to the PAC 12, we also saw opportunity. When Texas A&M President Loftin started informal inquiries, we were able to show analytics why the move made sense. Three prominent TV markets to add to Atlanta. Add Missouri with KC/St Louis, that gave Bristol and Madison Avenue all the information they needed on the SEC Network.

(5.) The rest is history.

Texas never was a thought in the entire conference realignment for the SEC. They may think so, but thinking
you're Brad Pitt doesn't make you Brad Pitt.

The SEC has the correct Texas school.

Roll Tide
RVHorn
Fatuous is always a good look around here.
Rocco S
quote:

Yeah it is. You and your fellow horn fans provide plenty of it
Junction1956
Rocco,

Well said.

Roll Tide
agent-maroon
AG
How long did you study the thesaurus before you settled on "fatuous"?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
goodAg80
AG
quote:

You look great.

RGLAG85
AG
quote:

Such a fulgurant display for a dullard!
Junction1956
The Texas envy will be quite evident once the negotiations on SEC social media Network are completed.

Roll Tide
marble rye
AG
quote:
You've averaged 6.3 wins for the past decade, you're rarely on TV because no one watches your ****ty product, and your AD revenue was 6th in the B12. Yea, you're the belle of the ball and running the show.

The SEC wants you because they'll get entrenched in Texas recruiting.

If y'all do end up there, somehow in 5 years it will still be a BOMC that forced you to the SEC and put your football program into more of a downward spiral.

This is delicious. tu sucks in sports.
RVHorn
quote:
quote:

Yeah it is. You and your fellow horn fans provide plenty of it
A rapier-like reply of, "no, you!" Well done!
RVHorn
quote:
Sorry to send you to your dictionary for such a common word. How surprised were you that it has nothing to do with weight?
RVHorn
quote:
The Texas envy will be quite evident once the negotiations on SEC social media Network are completed.

Roll Tide
The world shakes in it's collective boots anticipating that very thing.
agent-maroon
AG
The only surprise was that you spelled it correctly.
Deadwood
AG
quote:
quote:
Sorry to send you to your dictionary for such a common word. How surprised were you that it has nothing to do with weight?
Your vacuous and autochthon analysis of the current sip situation is astounding.
88jrt06
AG
quote:
quote:
why do you think t.u. is throwing such a hissy fit right now?

I don't know if UT is throwing a hissy fit or not.

I do know that some informed sources have said that A&M will join the Pac 16 and it will be announced as early as tomorrow.

88jrt06
AG
quote:
Well, if aTm heads for the SEC, Texas will have to be content with joining a conference with two schools located in Los Angeles (I don't have the numbers in front of me . . . is that a big TV market?).

Deadwood
AG
quote:
quote:
Well, if aTm heads for the SEC, Texas will have to be content with joining a conference with two schools located in Los Angeles (I don't have the numbers in front of me . . . is that a big TV market?).

I'm curious, did the Pac have the courtesy of the reach around before they abused the sips?
SlackerAg
AG
With the LHN & PAC-12 Networks losing money, those markets aren't large enough.
DayAg!
S
When it comes to delusion. Rv is at the top of the heap. Nothing I said has registered in his little pea brain. I'm gonna type real slow Rv so you might have a chance to comprehend. A&M IS NOT THE SAME INSTITUTION IT WAS 60 YEARS AGO. The quicker everyone sip comes to realize it the quicker you might change your tact. But you wont. Cause... well..... your by goodness tu. and everyone should bow down to the mighty cow. Cause you said so. I recall a story a while back about a group of individuals that decided to worship a cow. Didnt turn out to well for them. But alas, your history is revisionary in nature, and it narrative is to always prop up the cow.

I'll pat you on the head now, and you run along while the grown men discuss relevant topics other than what cow used to be. My only question to the children that bless us here is, where are you now, where are you going and what will your record be come end of November. Thats all thats relative as we discuss. Nothing more.

A&M is well on it's way in the direction that will over time prove to be the best thing that has happened to them since their existence before tu was even on the planet. The future is so bright everyone in here Aggie has to wear shades. Can you say the same thing for your toilet program. There is a long list of negatives that have been established against your holy cow since A&M left. And the clown show doesn't disappoint with new material at least once every 2 weeks. God bless RBL.
APHIS AG
And I will repeat:

Thank you, Deloss. Thank you, Powers.

Without your arrogance, ego, and greed, this would not have been possible since the BOR was close to voting in keeping us in the cesspool that is the BDF.

Again, thank you.
TheDoctor
AG
Let this thread stand for eternity as ye go to source for sip belittlement, dismissal, and blatant disrespect they showed A&M after we cut the cord. We were gonna amount to nothing. We were gonna be mid major in everything and be lo lucky to win 8 games a year. They justified this with their misguided sense of history, earmarked perpetually to championships in the 60s and, now, 11 years ago.

Texas has a failed TV network with no studio shows because it was such a money toilet, useful only for frequent viewer circle jerk sessions to games and years past to buttress their own feeling of "greatness"

Texas is stuck in a midget league with no way out until GOR expires. And even when it does they will be relegated to the west coast trash heap of tv deals - providing the nightly nightcap against Washongton State while I'm sipping on my victory whiskey.

Texas is a case study in arrogance, hubris, and self aggrandizement. They will never change. And **** them for eternity.

Happy Independence Day you mouth breathing has beens.
TXPremiumBoy
Junction1956
The Doctor,

Tell us what you really think.....loll

Roll Tide

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.