Its pretty simple sips. You will do exactly what we tell you to do.

78,207 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tom Doniphon
Happy Kuykendahl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
play in traffic, hairball
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
First off, the SEC has no contract with ESPN on ABC
Oh, you are right, I'm sorry. You get to share regional coverage with the Big East, the ACC (which just re-upped with ABC/ESPN too) and the Big 10. Congrats? The SEC will be on national television, on ESPN, ESPN2, and CBS from 11:00 am cst until 11:00 pm cst. The Pac 11 will be on national television on FSN at 3:00 pm cst and 9:00 pm cst and on national TV ABC once every three weeks at 7:30 pm cst. Again, congrats?
highwayman
quote:
The SEC will be on national television, on ESPN, ESPN2, and CBS from 11:00 am cst until 11:00 pm cst

You can't really believe this. Tell me you don't really believe this.l
Hood
AG
quote:
Everyone is talking about how great the SEC/CBS contract is. True it is great contract, but it is already signed for 5-6 years and pays each ORIGINAL SEC team 17-18million per year (I think that is the number) Adding A&M dilutes that number, so in the short term until the contract runs out and can be renegotiated, each SEC team will not make as much money.

Wait a minute... So the SEC adds schools and therefore markets (and Texas is a big one), they add more games to their broadcast schedule thus more revenue from ads, etc and each school will get less money?

Are you making this argument?

Or would the contract get modified to accommodate the additional schools and increased overall dollars?
Bonfire1996
AG
Already scheduled Doocher

Saturday, September 4th
Miami (Ohio) at Florida 11:00 a.m. ESPN (HD)
Kentucky at Louisville 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN-GP *2
CBS National Broadcast 2:30 p.m. CBS TBD
LSU vs. North Carolina (Atlanta) 7:00 p.m. ABC (HD)

Saturday, September 11th
Georgia at South Carolina 11:00 a.m. (ESPN or ESPN2) (HD)
CBS National Boradcast 2:30 p.m. SEC TBD
Oregon at Tennessee 6:00 p.m. ESPN2 (HD)
Penn State at Alabama 6:00 p.m. ESPN (HD)
Ole Miss at Tulane 8:00 p.m. ESPN2 (HD) or ESPN Classic

Saturday, September 18th
Arkansas at Georgia 11:00 a.m. (ESPN or ESPN2) (HD)
Alabama at Duke 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN-GP *2
Florida at Tennessee 2:30 p.m. CBS (HD)
Clemson at Auburn 6:00 p.m. ESPN (HD)
Five1Two
HA HA HA HA!! Get used to it, sips!

The only college football that will be watched, by anyone, anywhere, at any time, will be SEC football! On ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, CBS, HGTV, Lifetime, and Oxygen! For twelve straight hours!
MasonStorm
Pac 16 - almost every major TV market west of the Miss minus College Station

SEC - no real room for expansion (north East, Virginia?)

TV contracts will be very comparable, the Pac 16 WILL deliver the Texas markets with TX and OU. Who knows about the SEC with only A&M and distant memories of LSU and ARK.

[This message has been edited by MasonStorm (edited 6/11/2010 10:14a).]
Bonfire1996
AG
512 - please explain how the Pac 11 will be able to nullify existing contracts involving the SEC.

Please. Show me. I would really like to know how the Pac 11 will keep ESPN/ABC/CBS from doing what it is contractually obligated to do.
Five1Two
Don't forget that if the Pac 10 truly stands firm on the their "no individual networks" rule, and a decent TV deal (and by "decent" I mean "bigger than the SECs) can't be worked out, then we can always join the Big 10, who have made very clear that they are VERY cool with individual networks.

Bonfire1996
AG
Mason - If you think the local affiliates in Texas are going to be falling all over themselves to sell advertising and broadcast USC vs. Cal with a 9:15 pm cst kickoff over a Alabama vs. Georgia with a 2:30 pm cst kickoff, go ahead.
Five1Two
quote:
512 - please explain how the Pac 11 will be able to nullify existing contracts involving the SEC.

Please. Show me. I would really like to know how the Pac 11 will keep ESPN/ABC/CBS from doing what it is contractually obligated to do.
Well, let's back up a minute, and you show me where I said anything about the PacWhatever forcing a breach of the ESPN/SEC contract.
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
TV contracts will be very comparable
Really? I didn't know texas and the Pac 16 have enough stroke to simply tell CBS and ESPN to fork over another $200 Million like they just did with the SEC. CBS and ESPN have committed themselves to the SEC, Big 10, Big East, and ACC, which combined hold 70% of Americas TV sets.

You will find that your options will be limited to Fox Broadcast, NBC broadcast, and the existing FSN coverage.
MasonStorm
So ABC was not going to show the Pac 10 or the Big 12 this season?
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
The only college football that will be watched, by anyone, anywhere, at any time, will be SEC football! On ESPN, ESPN2, ABC, CBS
Right there dumbass. If you think any of those networks, except ABC regional coverage, have room for more football, you are wrong. They are full at this time. They have spent their wad getting to where they are. The Pac 10 will be on its own network, or on FSN, or some new venture by Fox or NBC. Good Luck with that!
Five1Two
quote:
If you think the local affiliates in Texas are going to be falling all over themselves to sell advertising and broadcast USC vs. Cal with a 9:15 pm cst kickoff over a Alabama vs. Georgia with a 2:30 pm cst kickoff, go ahead.
This is certainly true. No PacWhatever teams ever play one another any sooner than 7:30 p.m., Pacific time. They surely do love those night games in the PacWhatever.

Except for this year, when (interestingly) USC plays Cal at 12:30 p.m. (or 2:30, central).
Bonfire1996
AG
Mason - Yes they were. REgional Coverage at 2:30 and an occasional national or regional coverage at 7:30.

Congrats?

The SEC will be on national television from 11:00 am until 11:00 pm.
Five1Two
So the lynchpin of your master plan is that no network, ever, at any time, will provide comprehensive national coverage for any conference other than the SEC?

And you believe that?
Happy Kuykendahl
The SEC is going to be the premiere football conference with the most coverage and the most money no matter what happens.
Detective Bannable
512 has proven over the past few weeks to be far and away the biggest dumbass on the board. Congrats buddy
Bonfire1996
AG
512 - listen MENSA. Yes, the local affiliates will happily and successfully sell advertising for 2:30 pm kick offs. But any new Pac 11 tv deal is going to include national broadcasts for nightime kickoffs. 10 of these schools reside in the Pacific time zone. Therefore, 75% of those kicks will be at 9:15 pm cst. If you think texas affiliates are going to be happy with that timeframe, on a Saturday night, without a guaranteed Longhorn appearance, you are fooling yourself.

Oh and guess what, it won't be NBC. They will not interfere with Saturday Night Live. Shat, your options just got even more limited. Hello Fox College Football coverage. They were so awesome with the BCS. [/sad trombone]
Five1Two
quote:
512 has proven over the past few weeks to be far and away the biggest dumbass on the board. Congrats buddy
Thanks, "buddy!" Carry on with your evil plan!
Five1Two
So, Bonfire, your answer to my earlier question is, "Yes: NO network will provide NATIONAL COVERAGE for the reconstituted Pac 10?"

If this were proven conclusively true (however unlikely), it simply mitigates in favor of Texas joining the Big 10.
Bonfire1996
AG
512 - again mensa.

There are a finite number of current outlets for college football coverage. In the contracts with conferences, tv networks actually lay out what they will be be broadcasting, in terms of number of games and whether they will be national or regional coverage.

No matter how much texas thinks it can, it can't make the sun shine longer or squeeze more than 24 hours into a day.
Five1Two
Bonfire, I do appreciate you breaking it down for me.

Do you consider it unlikely that the Pac 10, if fully revamped, will not be able to command a larger TV contract (not just in terms of dollars, but also of national coverage)? You're really telling me that you believe that college football will always be ESPN/SEC, and then a leftover patchwork of local/affiliate coverage?

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/11/2010 11:01a).]
MasonStorm
ABC will get the exclusive like CBS has with the SEC and the fox networks will pick up the rest as the ESPN family does after CBS takes theirs first.
MasonStorm
they can see the benefit of TX, OU USC v anyone is very appealing to local affiliates, more so than A&M v just about anyone.

these affiliates will DEMAND to show OU and TX as they are their biggest draws. (think Fox affiliates boycotting Conan)
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
In reply to:

99 Luftballoons Ag I negotiate for a living. We (being: ****) are in the position of power.

I need to know who this moron is (if not just a troll) so I don't ever hire him. Although it sounds like I would love to go up against him.

Position of power, pah-leez!

LMAO!!!

****, the dream that never was. Shoo fly... go on back to yo mamma. She needs to wipe yo nose.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Email Post Notify Moderator Nominate for Classics
Jester101
500+ posts
06/11/10 10:07 AM

Re: Texags GOLD [re: JW Horn]
Edit post Reply to this post

Ags feeling that our recruiting would fall off the face of the earth by their joining the sec is humorous. With all the talk of changing conferences, the one constant will be Mack effing Brown. No conference re-allignments will change this fact.

Post Extras: Print Post Remind Me! Email Post Notify Moderator Nominate for Classics
Texas Jack
1000+ posts
06/11/10 10:21 AM

Dude. The OP negotiates for a living!

Dear homos on klanhorns.com. I don't negotiate for a living. I pump gas for a living.

And I'm kicking your ****ing asses.

99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Dude. The OP negotiates for a living!

Is that all you klanhorns can do is launch blimps?

99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
omnipresent
250+ posts
06/11/10 11:05 AM

Someone point **** to Sportscenter to see which ONE TEAM is on the nations tongue..

Yes, we are dooooomed!

Somebody point this dipsheet to the SEC and what happened in the mid-80s.

Yes, you ****ing klanhorns are doomed, unless you obey Daddy.

99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Pull the trigger, beyotches. What are you waiting for?
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
ABC will get the exclusive like CBS has with the SEC
Might want to check with the ACC, Big East, and Big 10 who have existing long term contracts signed with ABC before you state that as fact. ABC is contractually obligated to air a certain number of national and regional coverage games of all three conferences for the next decade. ABC will gladly give the Pac 16 a slice of the pie, but there isn't a whole pie to give.

NBC won't do it because the Pac 16 brass in LA will want nighttime games, and NBC isn't about to push Saturday Night Live back three hours.

Fox broadcast is your only real choice in the near term for big time promotion.
Five1Two
I see. So the SEC will be carried on various networks (ESPN, ABC, CBS, etc, etc), but the Pac 10's only option is to wed itself to one single network?

No possibility of a Fox/NBC/FSN/etc multi-party deal?

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/11/2010 11:30a).]
Bonfire1996
AG
Five - that is probably a deal. NBC to air a 2:30 national and Fox to carry a bigger load at night.

But still, a huge risk with new ventures.

But if it holds, it is a huge win. I am just so reluctant to do anything outside the ABC/ESPN umbrella, even for less money. They are going to promote the hell out of their own product, and they have a monopoly on the highlight business.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
At best (or at worst for us), the Texas TV market will be split in half. There goes tu's shiny oilcan-harry nutsack. Suddenly, half the State doesn't give a rats ass about t.u. and you klanhorns know that will clobber your t-shirt, trailerpark fanbase.

99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
ProdigalHornModerator
Re: Texags GOLD

I wish people would stop linking TexAgs. I always end up following the link and feeling like I need a shower after I read a few posts on there. And I really ought to go enroll in something educational to replace the brain cells that get sucked out of my head every time I read something there.

Another klanhorn, dipsheet with nothing of value or relevance to add to the discussion. And, a klanhornfans.com moderator!!!

I'm honored to reside in the domes of a klanhornfans.com moderator. I will lease some space, if anyone is interested.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.