Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying physical gold/silver

248,112 Views | 1759 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aunuwyn08
maddiedou
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cowman

. Sorry I cannot sell anything I ever buy but I am sure my wife/kids will eventually

maddiedou
Cowman1
Thank you!
GrapevineAg
AG
Maddiedou's pic reminded me of this 1 oz bar (Christmas 1974) I've had forever. If anybody's interested in it, my email is in my profile.

maddiedou
AG
GrapevineAg said:

Maddiedou's pic reminded me of this 1 oz bar (Christmas 1974) I've had forever. If anybody's interested in it, my email is in my profile.

I sent you an email
maddiedou
maddiedou
AG
I have passed on the bar if somebody else wants to buy it

I do not like having stuff shipped and he is in Dallas

Decent price
maddiedou
TheVarian
AG
No low ball offers, I know what I've got
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Gold at $2,069 per ounce. Click fast!

https://www.costco.com/1-oz-gold-bar-rand-refinery-new-in-assay.product.4000202779.html
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
K Bo
AG
$1,986 with Costco Citi Card 4% back
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
My man
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
TSW2012
AG
Changing around what I'm holding onto. Looking to move 2 100Oz Johnson Mathey bars in N Houston
AggieT
AG
Price?
TSW2012
AG
I'd like to be about spot
JR Ewing
AG
TSW2012 said:

I'd like to be about spot

If you're changing up your mix, would you consider a trade/swap for a couple Gold Buffalos (one graded and the other with cert and fancy box case from mint)
K Bo
AG
https://www.costco.com/.product.1787705.html?&ADBUTLERID=homepage_banner_gold

Maples
Andrew Dufresne
Adding $SIL today.. I normally DCA these mining stocks, but will grab more on deep dips like this.
jagvocate
AG
"This is the way"
jetch17
AG
Went and looked at silver eagles at Walmart on the dip, they have them WAY above spot at $335 for 10

Most other sites have corrected, but found that odd from the WM site
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I get the impression that their prices are being manually entered. They aren't immediately tracking dips.
jetch17
AG
Historically it's fluctuated correctly almost on each refresh - just did its higher when they're getting shipped via APMEX
Churlish Sambino
I just started to get interested in gold and silver. Read through this whole thread over the past few days. Thanks to everyone who has posted information here. I feel like it's been a pretty good crash course.
jagvocate
AG
Just a Gold / Silver industry "mental note," I'm not saying this is right for you, just interesting
Churlish Sambino
Made my first purchase. Some silver maples and kangaroos from monument metals are headed my way.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
In stock.

https://www.costco.com/2024-1-oz-american-eagle-silver-coin%2c-20-count.product.4000240592.html
TTUArmy
Hmmm...the term "resilient" gets used on the world stage of economics. Short article below.

Reuters: IIF reports increase in world debt to $313 Trillion

Quote:

Global debt levels hit a new record high of $313 trillion in 2023, with developing economies scaling a fresh peak for the ratio of debt to their gross domestic product, a study showed.
Whew! World debt looks to be going parabolic at this point.

Quote:

The IIF added that global economy is proving "resilient" to the volatility in borrowing costs, leading to a rebound in investor sentiment.
I ain't saying...I'm just saying...looks like someone grabbed a talking point from Granny Yellen. Two people that get me thinking in the opposite direction are Yellen and Kramer.
jagvocate
AG
The oligarchs who run the Bank of International Settlements give every Western central banker and national treasurer the same talking points
jagvocate
AG
A gentle reminder

Gold exists

Silver exists
TTUArmy
jagvocate said:

A gentle reminder

Gold exists

Silver exists
My wife's grandmother has been selling us her constitutional silver lately. They are "circulated" Walking Liberty but, hey, they are silver.
jagvocate
AG
Constitutional should be everyone's first silver holdings. Its actual US Coinage and will be readily recognizable and barterable should a black swan event occur.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
When the fed pivots, that's when the show starts. And they will pivot. There will be no responsibility for our poor spending habits. And I know this is a thread about precious metals but real estate will track also.
TTUArmy
Gold trying to touch that $2100.00 mark again.
jagvocate
AG
"Sir, there is another inflationary hedge asset making all-time highs"

TTUArmy
jagvocate said:

Would be highest weekly close if I recall correctly

Would be really nice to have a sturdy floor at $2100.
Love to see it.
Mas89
AG

Stopped in a small coin shop on a recent London trip and had to get a British Victoria crown. It's larger than our silver dollars from the same era with a higher silver content also. Always liked the Britain sovereign coin with St. George on horseback slaying the dragon but I never realized the same reverse is on the much larger crown coin.
redsquirrelAG
AG
That's beyond cool.
jagvocate
AG
Not a peep

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.