Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying physical gold/silver

247,998 Views | 1759 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by aunuwyn08
Post removed:
by user
Outdoorag011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Really cool! They have cool history too!
Outdoorag011
If you are interested in silver or currently stack silver... go to Reddit and go to Wallstreesilver. Huge things happening over there right now.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I usually buy .999 government strikes, but have been stacking .90 junk lately. But I went on a bit of a spree lately, have 5 deliveries in the next few days. Decided to lock in some gains on crypto by turning digital into physical.
Andrew Dufresne
Esteban du Plantier said:

I usually buy .999 government strikes, but have been stacking .90 junk lately..
Bocephus
AG
Picked up some coins with Ganesh on them last week
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Pepper Brooks
AG
The wife and I have agreed to start allocating the portion above company match, but less than the irs max, that we were contributing to 401ks towards buying physical gold/silver. What is the best way to do this in the current environment without getting screwed?

I've bought Canadian maples from SD Bullion but the price is quite a bit above spot for both gold and silver coins/bars. Any recommendations are appreciated.

We were both maxing the 401Ks be so we will have a good amount to work with over the next few years.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Premiums are really high right now but gold will almost always have a lower premium than silver. If I were doing what you're doing, I'd buy American Gold Eagles and American Silver Eagles, and I'd develop a relationship with a local coin shop. You can get much better deals in person versus online if the folks at your coin shop know you. I would also get a good safe that bolts to the ground or a good stash spot that only y'all and maybe one other person you REALLY trust knows about.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'm open to any local recs in North Dallas/Carrollton/Plano. What would you say an acceptable amount above spot to pay is at the moment?
CaptnCarl
AG
I've asked this before and no one responded, but do any of you have insurance on your home stash of silver? Bolted gun safe and security system? I'm just nervous that I'd come home after a weekend to a stolen stash of silver.

How are you guys storing silver?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Use this as a guide:

https://findbullionprices.com/
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Pepper Brooks
AG
Why American eagles vs maples, krugerrand, etc?
Bocephus
AG
CaptnCarl said:

I've asked this before and no one responded, but do any of you have insurance on your home stash of silver? Bolted gun safe and security system? I'm just nervous that I'd come home after a weekend to a stolen stash of silver.

How are you guys storing silver?

You should be able to call your insurance guy and add it to your homeowners policy. I have some of mine in a safety deposit box. The rest is at go F yourself.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
There's no certain answer (today) but you should plan your exit strategy, including things like tax implications and buyback pricing vs asking price.
Post removed:
by user
Esteban du Plantier
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Any of you guys own a Sigma Metalytics machine? Thoughts?

I'd really like to buy one, but they're on back order and the price seems a tad inflated at the moment.

My stack isn't big enough to justify the thousand dollar price tag, even used.

My lcs is happy to throw stuff on their sigma for me. I usually compensate by buying a little something I would have already bought.
Post removed:
by user
Esteban du Plantier
AG
FAT SEXY said:

r/wallstreetsilver is trying to setup "Silver Squeeze 2.0" starting May 1st.

I wonder how many folks will actually jump into the physical silver market over this? Will bullion dealers jack up premiums even more in anticipation?

Sprott has added like 20 million ounces since WSS inception. Every brick and mortar bullion dealer I've called is wiped out.
Outdoorag011
I think they have a real chance to do some damage. I will do my part. In all my years of silver I have never seen what they are doing. People all around the world are buying massive amounts of silver.
Aggiemike96
AG
I don't think I'm going to buy the 100 ounces they're recommending, but I may jump in for 40-50 ounces.
Outdoorag011
Do what you can
Outdoorag011
I'm thinking of doing a new post on silver where I explain/break down the comex numbers and just how good of a play silver can be..... seeing how it's the largest short position on earth right now. The short interest is 573% of the float...... GME was only 140% short interest on its float.
Aggiemike96
AG
You don't happen to have a YouTube channel, do you? I watch a few YouTubers to get an idea of what's going on. However, so much is "Really? You have to be kidding me...that's not going to happen!" A post on here would be helpful too.
Aggiemike96
AG
I see a 100-ounce RCM silver bar for $3,003 at Bullion Exchanges. Hmmm. May pull the trigger on that.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Aggiemike96 said:

I see a 100-ounce RCM silver bar for $3,003 at Bullion Exchanges. Hmmm. May pull the trigger on that.

About the cheapest premium you're going to find this moment is at Deplorables Metals. Their website sucks, but people say they're good.

$28.77/ozt for this kilo.

https://www.deplorablesmetals.com/product-page/hand-poured-generic-skulls-999-silver
Outdoorag011
I unfortunately do not have a YT channel. I probably watch some of the same videos you do. I think I'm going to go ahead and post a new silver post either today or tomorrow with a lot of facts and figures they can see for themselves. I just don't think the average person or 99% of the people on the investing board here have any idea how big of a deal silver is right now.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
This guy does some big writeups. I don't quite understand everything yet.

https://www.reddit.com/u/Ditch_the_DeepState?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
oscar9
AG
What is everyone's opinion on if bullion or coins like silver eagles are better for the long term? Which would you rather have if SHTF
mwp02ag
AG
Where would that send the silver price to?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
oscar9 said:

What is everyone's opinion on if bullion or coins like silver eagles are better for the long term? Which would you rather have if SHTF

In a shtf situation, I think 90% junk coinage is ideal. Small increments, easily identifiable, pretty low premium if you can get it for 20-21x face.
Outdoorag011
If the COMEX actually defaults on their obligations.... at least triple digit silver but could very well be $1000 and up. The thing to remember is that not if but when they default, I believe the price of silver will never be $17 again. The price of silver has only been this low for years because the banks shorted the crap out of it. This is not financial advice. It may be a month or 10 years before the COMEX defaults, but things that cannot go on forever... don't.
mwp02ag
AG
So my understanding is silver prices tend to lag behind rising gold prices. Now were this potential short squeeze to come to fruition driving silver to say $500, I'd assume gold would lag and a potential 1:4 G:S ratio would be a time to sell silver and buy gold?
0708aggie
AG
Joined the club with physical silver bars. Moon baby.
Aggiemike96
AG
I bought the 100-ounce RCM bar for $2,998 last night. I'm a buyer of all pure silver sub-$30 per ounce.
ChiefKiefton
Aggiemike96 said:

I bought the 100-ounce RCM bar for $2,998 last night. I'm a buyer of all pure silver sub-$30 per ounce.

Same. If I find anything under 30 I am buying it all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.