Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying physical gold/silver

244,790 Views | 1739 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jagvocate
TTUArmy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pepper Brooks said:

I've got some silver coins I'll be looking to unload at some point. In DFW.

Should we go ahead and build a roster of folks who would prefer to buy/sell in person? I'll take BTC for my silver.

You should stay diversified.
XpressAg09
AG
I would be interested in sending BTC for silver. I am in Houston but would be interested in paying a reasonable shipping rate, too.

What were you looking to get? And what coins do you have?
Pepper Brooks
AG
I'm not going to pull the trigger just yet but are you in the telegram group or discord?

I come down to Houston every few months to see in-laws.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Silver only up about a dollar today. No big deal.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
TTUArmy
Aggiemike96
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

Giving it all back today?
TTUArmy
Aggiemike96 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

Giving it all back today?
PM's are a marathon...not a hundred yard dash.
PETE2019
AG
What do you guys think about buying generic silver for as cheap as possible vs paying a premium for silver eagles or maples?
jagvocate
AG
1. Buy pre-1964 silver coins and physical silver bullion until wife threatens divorce (mileage will vary).
2. Selectively stack American Silver Eagles from time to time after that.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
I think it depends on the purpose of your buying and how you intend to use them later. If you're buying because you think the world is going to end and you're going to have to barter in a post apocalyptic scenario, then you should probably buy something recognizable in smaller denominations. But if you're buying to stack cheaply so that you can sell back to the coin shop (who has the ability to test your silver to make sure it's real), then doesn't matter as much.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Apache
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Red Pear Realty said:
Aggiemike96 said:
Giving it all back today?PM's are a marathon...not a hundred yard dash.
Silver is an ultra marathon. Price is about the same as it was 10 years ago when I started buying sporadically.
drmwvr
AG
$2,400 gold today?
ChiefKiefton
jagvocate said:

1. Buy pre-1964 silver coins and physical silver bullion until wife threatens divorce (mileage will vary).
2. Selectively stack American Silver Eagles from time to time after that.
So true lol my wife thought I had lost my mind a few years ago but she gets it now and doesn't say a word.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
All it took was WW3 kicking off to make it happen.
jagvocate
AG
Silver at an almost decade-long weekly high close last evening
Orome
AG
I've got a 1oz Gold Buffalo coin I want to flip into some A/C repairs before summer. Does anyone have any spring, tx recommendations on how/who to sell to?
HarleySpoon
AG
Having dealt in constitutional silver for five decades, I just wanted to note that at 22 times face….the .7735 ounces of pure silver in one dollar face value prices the silver at spot. This is a fairly rare occurrence. Quite a few dealers are pricing constitutional silver at 22 right now.

This usually means that dealers are keen to sell their constitutional at a nice profit since their profit spread is likely greater as prices rise (inventories purchased at lower badis). And, they are hesitant to purchase new inventory that considers the recent increases. As prices stabilizes at new higher spot, the constitutional will rise without increases in spot as they work their way through their inventory. So you get the upside of both time and potential spot increases.

In short, great buying opportunity….poor selling opportunity.
TSW2012
AG
Orome said:

I've got a 1oz Gold Buffalo coin I want to flip into some A/C repairs before summer. Does anyone have any spring, tx recommendations on how/who to sell to?

Houston coin and jewelry pays like 98% of spot you can get a bit more from an individual but that's pretty quick and painless
Outdoorag011
Depending on how much the repairs are, you might be able to pay with the gold coin. I have paid with gold or silver a couple of times on service calls. I've noticed in my area of Texas, a lot of the small business owners are older and they themselves stack gold/silver. One guy said "hell yeah" when I asked about paying with silver haha. I'm not sure the younger owners would be as willing.
jagvocate
AG

Since man landed on the moon, Gold wins
Jabin
Which lines are which on that chart? And where did you get it? It would be nice to be able to verify the data.

I'm a bit of a gold bug myself but I am highly skeptical of that chart. I've owned a small bit of gold since the 80s and it has not done nearly as well as the S&P, I don't think.
jagvocate
AG
Gold is … yellow.

S&P is red. DJIA is blue. Silver is silver. All from trading view, and the numbers are legit.

If you bought gold in the early 80s it took you well over two decades to break even, which is why we have post after post in this thread recommending buying precious metals whwn they are down and to not chase price. Makes a huge difference. .
AgShaun00
AG
long video, but great experts talking gold and silver and why this will explode.

Sounds like the Fed is screwing us. BRICS is making oil into a gold currency.

Last 6 weeks, shorts have lost 5B on silver and 17B on gold. They have to cover right?

Speakers: Pierre Lassonde, Eric Sprott, Michael Oliver, Luke Gromen & Ned Naylor-Leyland

billikenag
Total return? Price return? Dividends reinvested?

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.
jagvocate
AG
billikenag said:

Total return? Price return? Dividends reinvested?

Gold: simply the higher price over same amount of time owned. Everyone says Gold is a bad investment ... price says something different.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.