Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Buying physical gold/silver

248,121 Views | 1759 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by aunuwyn08
Post removed:
by user
Aggiemike96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PMs down again this evening! Time to order more!
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Aggiemike96 said:

PMs down again this evening! Time to order more!

PM's?
Pepper Brooks
AG
What's the allure of platinum? It strikes me as the alt coin of PMs.
Post removed:
by user
nortex97
AG
Platinum and silver are both needed for all of the batteries the greens/communists want to mandate for cars etc. moving forward. I have to think this will go up over the next couple of years.
AgEng06
AG
Any thoughts on gold and silver right now?

Edit: To clairfy, what's up with the drop and when/what kind of recovery do you think we can look forward to?
Outdoorag011
80,000 silver contracts have already been traded today on the futures market. That is equivalent to 1/2 a years worth of physical metal mined. 400 million paper ozs have been traded in a single day. Slamming the price down. Once again the price of gold and silver have absolutely nothing to do with the physical. The demand for physical is at an all time high. The futures contracts and paper shorts control the prices. The banks can short all they want without having to show proof they actually have the amount of physical metal that matches the contract. Naked shorts all over the place.
nortex97
AG
I went into some SPPP about 5 months ago but it hasn't really moved either. There are physical platinum stocks/funds like that you can buy to try to avoid the shorts/spot price issues, yet they too are seemingly anchored to the damn shorts.

I don't really get it, and profess to being ignorant at this point (I thought I had a clue a few months ago but apparently not). It's a commodity we can barely globally meet demand on but for some reason the prices on it won't go up.
Post removed:
by user
GrapevineAg
AG
Anybody else get a 2021 silver Peace dollar? Looks like they tried to limit the ability of bots to buy them all up, and they reduced the max qty on an order to 3. I was able to place my order this morning, but they're showing as unavailable now. The Peace dollar is probably my favorite coin so I had to get some of these.
Ted Lasso
AG
Was able to snag 3 peace dollar coins. Got 5 of the cc mint mark Morgan's, and 3 of the D and S mint mark morgans.
aunuwyn08
AG
I've got the last three Morgan's, but I dislike Morgan's and will probably sell them. I don't collect peace dollars, yet, but got two just in case.

I really hope they don't do the peace dollars as a new annual release.
Strat
nortex97 said:

Platinum and silver are both needed for all of the batteries the greens/communists want to mandate for cars etc. moving forward. I have to think this will go up over the next couple of years.
2.5x more silver is used in an electric car vs an ICE car per the CEO of Hecla. Also, silver is used in solar panels as well.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Precious Metals

Thanks.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Do you all subscribe to a newsletter? Where do you get info?
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Stringfellow Hawke said:

Info about what exactly?

I read TexAgs, wallstreetsilver, and have discussions with friends and like-minded people.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

Info about what exactly?

I read TexAgs, wallstreetsilver, and have discussions with friends and like-minded people.

How to smartly invest in a variety of ways to protect one's investment from the greedy hands of the government's ability and willingness to tax.
Outdoorag011
Have you bought precious metals before?
ChiefKiefton
Stringfellow Hawke said:

Esteban du Plantier said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

Info about what exactly?

How to smartly invest in a variety of ways to protect one's investment from the greedy hands of the government's ability and willingness to tax.

Check out Yankee Stacking and Silverdragons on YouTube for some good info!
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Dragons talks WAAAAY too much with his hands. I like him though.
mwp02ag
AG
I like George Gammon, Peter Schiff, Sprott Money News, Quoth the Raven and Palisades Gold Radio podcasts.

Most of these focus on macro and the implications of policy on the PM space.
Pepper Brooks
AG
I have a few grand to spend and have largely been buying silver lately. I'm probably 60/40 gold/silver if you view the portfolio by dollar value but am interested in increasing the number/variety of gold coins that I have.

Would you go with 20 francs or some other 1/4oz or 1/2oz version of a mint coin? My impression is that the premiums, as a percentage, are lower on the francs but I wanted to check.
Post removed:
by user
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Outdoorag011 said:

Have you bought precious metals before?

Yes. Using info from posters on this thread. Total invested $500. Just getting frustrated about the wealth confiscation language written in infrastructure bill and seeking advice. I have a 403b and pension plan through TCDRS (will be eligible to retire in 10 years) but looking for another Avenue of wealth building.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Stringfellow Hawke said:

I always like to recommend this video to people who want to learn more about Gold. It's informative and entertaining. Check it out when you have time.

Thank you.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
AGE are 91.7% gold and nobody complains.
Post removed:
by user
Pepper Brooks
AG
Thanks. I went with an assorted bag from JM.
Ted Lasso
AG
Just to be clear, they do have 1 Troy ounce of gold. The extra material is why the coin weighs over 1 Troy ounce

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.