************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

93,420 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Max Power
Unemployed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Iowaggie said:

shano0603 said:

KPJ arrested?

We're told police responded to a call of a dispute around 6:45 AM ... and at the scene, cops observed a laceration on the right side of the 26-year-old woman's face.

The woman -- who also complained of neck pain -- claimed KPJ struck her multiple times throughout her body during the physical altercation. EMS responded to the scene ... and the girlfriend was taken to a nearby hospital for evaluation.

Porter is currently behind bars in New York on assault and strangulation charges.
See ya!!!
LawHall88
AG
Unemployed
AG
LawHall88 said:

And she was married to Dwayne Haskins.
AG@RICE
AG
Cut him. No room for that kind of trash.
Iowaggie
AG

Only 1 side known, but this doesn't look good.

Texaggie7nine
7nine
94chem
AG@RICE said:

Was reading his past stuff...guy has a very Aaron Hernandez vibe. Forget the NBA question. This dude is gonna kill somebody, if he hasn't already, if he is free to roam the streets.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
AG@RICE
AG
Agreed.

I never took the time to look into his background before this incident. I just thought he was a typical problem child with a bad attitude: yelling at coaches, being late, selfish....

Turns out he is just a poor excuse for a human.

Rockets can't actually cut him right now. The NBA has taken full control of the investigation and the Rockets aren't allowed to change his employment status until they complete their findings.
RebAg13
Guitarsoup
AG
94chem said:

AG@RICE said:

Was reading his past stuff...guy has a very Aaron Hernandez vibe. Forget the NBA question. This dude is gonna kill somebody, if he hasn't already, if he is free to roam the streets.
So just like Kevin Porter, Sr?
Guitarsoup
AG
AG@RICE said:

Agreed.

I never took the time to look into his background before this incident. I just thought he was a typical problem child with a bad attitude: yelling at coaches, being late, selfish....

Turns out he is just a poor excuse for a human.

Rockets can't actually cut him right now. The NBA has taken full control of the investigation and the Rockets aren't allowed to change his employment status until they complete their findings.
Yeah, I think that was the reason the Rockets couldn't trade him despite his very team-friendly contract and decent numbers. They knew they were going to bring in a veteran PG and draft Amen at #4, so KPJ was never going to be in the long term plans, and he certainly doesn't fit under a guy like Udoka.
superaggie73
AG
I think KPJ being gone will be a huge plus for Green's career. Especially when combined with Udoka's leadership now.
Aggie09Derek
AG
https://www.clutchfans.net/12732/kevin-porter-jr-rockets-front-office/

Major yikes on Stone/Rockets front office
RebAg13
AG
Stone definitely on the hot seat.
Iowaggie
AG
Shocking that Silas couldn't do more with that team when the GM is undercutting player decision.

Guitarsoup
AG
Iowaggie
AG
JC available again

Guitarsoup
AG
. . .
AG@RICE
AG
Thats a good signing. We could be a semi competent defensive team with FVV, Brooks, Bullock, Jabari and Tari on the floor.
WES2006AG
AG
A little late to the KPJ getting arrested news but I am glad to see the Rockets are likely going to do the right thing and cut him when they can. Dude is trash and has been given every opportunity to get himself together, he didn't so that hopefully ends his NBA career.
Max Power
AG
Nice article on Green.
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/38568078/why-jalen-green-player-lead-houston-rockets-ascension
Quote:

AS COACHES AND players trudged into the locker room at halftime of what would become yet another dispiriting loss -- one of 62 for the 2021-22 Houston Rockets, a team built to lose in its first full season since the end of the James Harden era -- they heard an unusual voice command attention.

"You're supposed to lead by example," Jalen Green, then a 19-year-old rookie and No. 2 overall draft pick, chastised one of the few veterans on the team -- a player Green and others present won't identify today. Other players and coaches had noticed that veteran playing with a halfhearted selfishness. Only Green spoke up. "We need you to be better," Green continued. "You're supposed to show us how to do this."

This was evidently directed at Christian Wood after he refused to check into a game. Having a rookie like Green call out veterans like that would probably not work real well with Harden, hence why Udoka would indicate that Harden wouldn't be a fit for what the team is going to try to do.

With the Astros back in the playoffs and the Texans showing promise, it's time for the Rockets to work their way back up too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.