************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

98,810 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by Max Power
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Woods Ag said:

The new CBA is going to wreck teams. The rockets need to be patient and they'll have the opp to grab good players.
100%. Rockets and Spurs both could really acquire some talent and assets this summer by outright looting teams with tax issues.
Ags #1
AG

HotardRat
AG
Could mean something, but maybe not. Paulo Banchero didn't do a predraft workout for the Magic last year.
shano0603
AG
HotardRat said:

Could mean something, but maybe not. Paulo Banchero didn't do a predraft workout for the Magic last year.

Jabari smith did the same thing. Never worked out for the rockets because he said he would never fall that far.
rlb28
AG
I was told G Bryce Griggs (Overtime Elite) has worked out with the Rockets two times. Hoping the former Hightower HS star goes to their rookie mini-camp.
Guitarsoup
AG
Kevin OConnor is saying that the Rockets are gonna go with Cam Whitmore over Amen Thompson because they are trying to bring in Harden.
HotardRat
AG
Don't buy it at all
AG@RICE
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Kevin OConnor is saying that the Rockets are gonna go with Cam Whitmore over Amen Thompson because they are trying to bring in Harden.
Doesn't make sense to bias your draft based upon potential free agents. Furthermore, in every interview with Stone he says that he will take the best available talent regardless of the players on the team.

This rumor just doesn't fit.
Woods Ag
AG
If Fertitta does that (sign Harden).. he deserves everything that is coming to him, and I'll be down to just the Astros as a hometown team. Released from my fandom! It might be a good thing.
Guitarsoup
AG
AG@RICE said:

Guitarsoup said:

Doesn't make sense to bias your draft based upon potential free agents. Furthermore, in every interview with Stone he says that he will take the best available talent regardless of the players on the team.

This rumor just doesn't fit.
You aren't going to believe this, but sometimes teams and players talk about contracts and signing before July 1st, even though it is against NBA regulations.
HotardRat
AG
…..it's not going to happen.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Was that from Russillo's latest pod?
Guitarsoup
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

Was that from Russillo's latest pod?
Haven't listened but he did update his Mock Draft to reflect it, so he obviously really believes it

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/mock-draft
Woods Ag
AG
Listening too it now and they really aren't sold on the Thompson twins.. take if you have the capacity to gamble basically.
Guitarsoup
AG
Woods Ag said:

Listening too it now and they really aren't sold on the Thompson twins.. take if you have the capacity to gamble basically.

I'm not at all sold on Whitmore. He's not good at anything other than huge vertical.

He used his athleticism in college, but doesn't really have any post moves or a good shot. He's not a good passer and not a good defender, but obviously has the ability to become one with his athleticism.

I think his hype is more because he has a 40" vertical at 6'5 235, but I'd rather use a top 4 pick on someone with a skill more refined than jumping
Woods Ag
AG
Their scouting report went like this:

Amen - 99% percentile athlete; shot creation, distribution; bad shooter, bad shot mechanics, not good even finishing at the rim, great defender.
Auser - slightly less athletic, better shot mechanics, poor shooter, good shot creation, also not good even finishing at the rim, great defender
Cam - athlete - always able to get by his guy and finish at the rim. Can he do it in the NBA the same way?

I'm not happy with any of them. If we can't find a way to get Miller or Scoot we're just taking flyers on a guy we hope can develop.
Guitarsoup
AG
Woods Ag said:

Amen - 99% percentile athlete; shot creation, distribution; bad shooter, bad shot mechanics, not good even finishing at the rim, great defender.
Auser - slightly less athletic, better shot mechanics, poor shooter, good shot creation, also not good even finishing at the rim, great defender
Cam - athlete - always able to get by his guy and finish at the rim. Can he do it in the NBA the same way?

I'm not happy with any of them. If we can't find a way to get Miller or Scoot we're just taking flyers on a guy we hope can develop.

I like Taylor Hendricks. Great shooter, can finish, plays really good defense on perimeter and in the paint.
AG@RICE
AG
Woods Ag said:

There seems to be some massive disagreement on whether the Thompson twins are good at finishing at the rim. I read a few takes like this one where they state they aren't good at the rim, but the numbers don't back up that claim. Amen shot 75% at the rim and Auser 77%, thats really good. You can argue the competition was crap, but the numbers look amazing.

For reference Scoot is between. 55-60% in the G-league.

As far as PG in the draft, I really like Cason Wallace. He plays some serious D and has the potential to become a good offensive player. Reminds me of Jrue Holiday.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Now we are looking at Kyrie?
WES2006AG
AG
Might be the only worse option than James.
Ryan34
AG
I'd rather have Kyrie despite the fact that he's bat **** crazy.
Woods Ag
AG
Same. Give me Kyrie over Harden.
AG@RICE
AG
3 Toed Pete
AG
The only complaint I had about Les as Rockets owner was that he would never let Morey go into a full rebuild mode at the end of Yao's career.

But jeez, with talk of James and Kyrie I already long for the days of Les over Tilman. Hopefully these rumors don't pan out.
CFTXAG10
AG
HotardRat
AG
Please not Anthony Black.

People criticize Amen's shooting ability, but Black literally cannot shoot.
coastalAg
AG
Everything I have seen points to Amen being the pick at 4, with Cam Whitmore as a long shot. Black would only be in play if they traded down.
Woods Ag
AG
One thing is certain with all drafts. No one but the decision makers know much of anything.

We have those 3-4 guys there bc mock drafts have put them in that range.
Guitarsoup
AG
Guitarsoup
AG
Don't know if anyone saw Doc on Simmons, but doc basically said Harden is an all time great individual player, but it's easy to gameplan for in the playoffs and won't put in the effort to move without the ball like a guy like Curry
Guitarsoup
AG
Lots of talk about KAT being moved.

Would y'all move KPJ+Smith+4 for KAT?

Still leaves big cap room to get Harden or Kyrie or whatever.

Use #20 on a big wing/d&3 guy.

Harden
Green
Eason/Kmart
KAT
Sengun

Solid foundation
AG@RICE
AG
No thanks. KAT isn't a winning basketball player.
Guitarsoup
AG
AG@RICE said:

No one in Minnesota is a winner.
canadiaggie
AG
AG@RICE said:

I have to believe that Ime thinks he can get something out of him if the Rockets really do want KAT
Guitarsoup
AG
canadiaggie said:

AG@RICE said:

I have to believe that Ime thinks he can get something out of him if the Rockets really do want KAT
Kevin Garnett missed the playoffs in his prime more than he made it past the first round. He was a loser, too. Until you stuck him with a couple HOFers and he won a chip.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.