************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

93,543 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by Max Power
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
WES2006AG said:

Maybe James makes us better but as someone who defended his antics for way too long when he was here I just don't want to root for him again.

It took me years, but I'm finally getting you guys to my side
Woods Ag
AG
You've always been a hater of Harden?

I've never visited the NBA forum on this site. I guess that's true for almost all of the forums on this site. There's little worlds in each one lol.

RebAg13
AG
Woods Ag said:

You've always been a hater of Harden?

I've never visited the NBA forum on this site. I guess that's true for almost all of the forums on this site. There's little worlds in each one lol.

He's a spurs fan and yes.
Woods Ag
AG
spoiled ****er...

maybe Spurs have naturally more intelligent fanbase if most of the rockets fans want Harden back.
HotardRat
AG
Feel free to go join them
Woods Ag
AG
I don't dislike the Spurs. They were awesome to watch in the Manu, Parker, Duncan years, but I've been a rockets fan my whole life apart from my infatuation with the Sonics and Kemp as a kid. Born in Houston... You're stuck with me.

Morey's dumbass is gone with Harden. We have what I think is a legitimate coach, a young group of talent. Things are looking up if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot.
HotardRat
AG
That's fine.

I ****ing hate the Spurs and don't respect anything they've done.
SeanDaAg2005
AG
Guitarsoup said:

1876er said:

Guitarsoup said:

Last time harden made an All-NBA team was in the bubble.

We'll I don't think Luka or Steph are options, so Harden will have to do.

This type of thinking is how you destroy a team's chances of ever making the finals with players on the current roster
What a dumbass post. Do you think you're talking to Stone or Fertitta? Whatever crazy opinions he has on NBA basketball, I guarantee it will have no effect on whether the Rockets go to the finals or not.

Nobody on this thread is making the decision to sign Harden and it seems like most are against it. But it seems like a foregone conclusion, so I don't blame people for trying to find the positives.
Guitarsoup
AG
SeanDaAg2005 said:

Guitarsoup said:

1876er said:

Guitarsoup said:

This type of thinking is how you destroy a team's chances of ever making the finals with players on the current roster
What a dumbass post. Do you think you're talking to Stone or Fertitta? Whatever crazy opinions he has on NBA basketball, I guarantee it will have no effect on whether the Rockets go to the finals or not.

Nobody on this thread is making the decision to sign Harden and it seems like most are against it. But it seems like a foregone conclusion, so I don't blame people for trying to find the positives.

What? No one in this board is making decisions? You're kidding.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. But I do think that there are teams that make stupid decisions to just claw their way to mediocrity and it kills their chances long term and anyone supporting those moves is equally dumb

Look at the Gobert trade for a recent example

Nets trading for Oldass Garnett and Pierce.
100mm for Chandler Parsons
Gordon Haywood to Charlotte
Ben Simmons supermax and Tobias Max over Jimmy Butler
GigEmMortis
AG
Guitarsoup said:

SeanDaAg2005 said:

Guitarsoup said:

1876er said:

Guitarsoup said:

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. But I do think that there are teams that make stupid decisions to just claw their way to mediocrity and it kills their chances long term and anyone supporting those moves is equally dumb

It's irrational, I know, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Parsons. I wish he had stayed in Houston instead of wasting away in Dallas and Memphis
Aggie09Derek
AG
Still can't believe the Gobert trade.

Minn was set up pretty well with Edwards becoming a star and Kat and they go and do that awful deal.

Maddening.
Guitarsoup
AG
GigEmMortis said:

Guitarsoup said:

SeanDaAg2005 said:

Guitarsoup said:

1876er said:

Guitarsoup said:

It's irrational, I know, but I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Parsons. I wish he had stayed in Houston instead of wasting away in Dallas and Memphis

He made $127mm in his career and about $3 of that from Houston in his only two good seasons (plus his rookie year, all under $1mm each)

Rockets traded Asik for Ariza and a first (18th pick the following year, used on Dekker, but 20/20 hindsight could have been Portis, Nance, Looney, Trez, JRich)

Ariza was just 4y32 and way more valuable. Didn't feel like it at the time, but Houston lucked out there
Guitarsoup
AG
Nm
Woods Ag
AG
Guitar, would you give Reaves the max to come join the spurs? I think he can get 4 years and almost $100m

Would be a nice piece with Vassel, Sochan, Johnson, and Wemby

I really like that lineup a lot to grow together with Pop and supposedly the old dogs are coming back to help mentor..
Guitarsoup
AG
Woods Ag said:

Guitar, would you give Reaves the max to come join the spurs? I think he can get 4 years and almost $100m

Would be a nice piece with Vassel, Sochan, Johnson, and Wemby

Not a chance. He may be that good and like someone here said, he may be Linsanity II.

He's a great shooter, bit lots of guys are great shooters. I don't think he's a great defender.

Thinking about that Duncan Robinson contact right now.

I want a lot more data points before I give a guy 100mm.
Woods Ag
AG
I don't mind the Spurs taking a chance on him. They've got more pieces in place and he was a scrappy sob. He plays hard and he makes plays.. they wouldn't rely on him to be anything more than he is.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Spurs ain't dumb and not gonna give him max
HotardRat
AG
Take it to the Spurs thread
Guitarsoup
AG
Woods Ag said:

I don't mind the Spurs taking a chance on him. They've got more pieces in place and he was a scrappy sob. He plays hard and he makes plays.. they wouldn't rely on him to be anything more than he is.
I think he is good as a SG, but not good enough as a primary playmaker, which is the biggest Spurs need along with rim protector.

Last year the Spurs had the worst defense, basically in league history. Liike the 90s Nuggets thought it was bad.

Reaves may make 3s, but he is not a good defender.

If I was Spurs GM, I would try to move a 1st (we own the Bulls' 2025, which prevents them from moving other picks), some 2nds and Graham for Caruso
Trade Toronto their own 2024 first, Spurs 25th pick and the Charlotte pick the Spurs have for OG Anunoby.
Sign Naz Reid from Minnesota and Bruce Brown from Denver. Then use the 33rd pick on a guy like Marcus Sasser or James Nnaji. Nothing huge or ridiculous. Just get good team guys, good defenders, good passers with solid experience at positions of need.

I think Naz Reid and Bruce Brown would also be great choices for Houston.
shady
AG
Take the Spurs talk to the Spurs thread.
Woods Ag
AG
Caruso would be great. He's a great role player on every NBA team. That kid just makes things happen since his time at A&M.
Woods Ag
AG
You're trying to win next year.. lol
Guitarsoup
AG
What do the Rockets do with #4?

Amen or Trade? If Trading, what do you think you can get?

I feel like a lot of the guys in the 4-8 range are boom or bust. Could be All-NBA for years, could be Jonathan Bender.
HotardRat
AG
Trade KPJ, #4, and a protected future pick of some kind to the Blazers for #3 and take Scoot.

Or just take Amen and buy some guys.
Guitarsoup
AG
I think Scoot goes to Charlotte. Miller could be good, but he could also be a crack baby.
Aggie09Derek
AG
If you are the Blazers, why would you do that?

KPJ likely isn't worth his contract to the blazers and protected first isn't worth much at all.

If it's a top 3 draft I just don't see one of those trading unless it's for a legit younger player.
Guitarsoup
AG
Also, if Scoot is there at 3, the Blazers need to take him and see if they can get a haul for Dame's old expensive ass.

Build around Scoot, Simons (23yo), Grant (29yo), Sharpe (20yo) and whatever they get from the trade.
HotardRat
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Also, if Scoot is there at 3, the Blazers need to take him and see if they can get a haul for Dame's old expensive ass.

Build around Scoot, Simons (23yo), Grant (29yo), Sharpe (20yo) and whatever they get from the trade.

Word is they've already decided they're riding it out with Dame, so they aren't taking Scoot. They want someone who can help immediately.
Guitarsoup
AG
HotardRat said:

Guitarsoup said:

Word is they've already decided they're riding it out with Dame, so they aren't taking Scoot. They want someone who can help immediately.
I think that might change if Scoot is available. I don't expect him to be.

Dame's comments seem to be more of "I want out, but don't want to be the bad guy."

Also, Portland doesn't really have contracts to send out for a win now player, which makes trading #3 just about impossible for a win now player.
Aggie09Derek
AG
In the nba you can play both

Much more positionless than it was 10-20 years ago.
HotardRat
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

In the nba you can play both

Much more positionless than it was 10-20 years ago.

Of course you "can".

But I just can't see Scoot's game and Dame's game meshing at all.
Guitarsoup
AG
CFTXAG10
AG
Pretty much nailed it. Every point.
coastalAg
AG
The four year max deal is definitely a deal breaker for me. I also think the questions about locker room presence and culture fit are somewhat valid, but maybe a little overstated.

I do think he is glossing over the basketball fit. Saying his game isnt aging gracefully, Im not sure I agree with that. He was a top 20 player in the league this year as a primary facilitator. I think that part of his game will continue to be effective and he would absolutely get Jabari, Jalen and Sengun a bunch of good looks running the offense.

Now I dont want him averaging 20+ shots a game anymore. That version of James Harden is no longer effective and if he thinks he can come to Houston to get back to that then thats another deal breaker.

CFTXAG10
AG
This is an avenue I wouldn't mind exploring. Not sure what it would take, but I like his game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.