************* Houston Rockets 22-23 Season thread *************

94,495 Views | 1176 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by Max Power
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Harry Dunne said:

Generous offer and I wish I had seen this. I ended up buying tickets.

Here's my analysis based on the only full game this season I have watched:

Normally if I told you that a 22 y/o in his 4th year in the league was averaging 18.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg & 5.7 apg you'd say he's destined to be a star, right?

KPJ is so talented but at the same time he's extremely limited in certain areas and I think it's going to take a better coach and a better system to get the most out of him. I'm super high on Sengun, but they suck out there together. KPJ has no feel on the pick & roll and has zero concept of how to score within the flow of an offense. KPJ's spot up shooting and Sengun's great passing on paper also seem like they'd be a good fit but it's just not there.

Combined with his history of immaturity, you can understand now where Cleveland was at when they basically gave him away. I think you've got to sell high to whoever out there still believes he can be the next James Harden.

Think maybe he's better suited to be a 6th man? Come in, run the break or SSOL, score some quick points and come back in when the first team comes out?

If someone wants to give you a ton of capital, sure. Numbers alone look decent and he hit 38% last year from three.

The biggest question might be if he would accept a 6M role
dcrewint
Anyone giving away tix for tonight!?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Market tonight held up - more expensive than just about any game this year (not saying much).
Unemployed
AG
Rockets got some talented but dumb players.
Unemployed
AG
And Tate is a trash player.
RebAg13
AG
Jabari heating up
GigEmMortis
AG
RealTalk said:

Rockets got some talented but dumb players.

Direct reflection of their coach
Harry Dunne
They got their moneys worth.

- KPJ 13 assists 1 turnover
- Jabari 24 pts on 9-11 shooting (5-6 from 3)
- Jalen 28 pts totally inefficient as per yewsh but made some big shots

Beat the Celtics ass. Who the eff are these guys?
Aggie09Derek
AG
Buddy of mine was right on Tatum's ass tonight
The Porkchop Express
Jabari over the last 3 games: 61.4% FG, 62.5% 3PT, 76.9% FT, 11.3 REB, 1.3 BLK, 1.3 STL, 24.7 PPG
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
GigEmMortis
AG
Beat the Celtics even without SenGoat in the lineup
Unemployed
AG
Two Ws in a row!!!

Another sloppy end to the game that made it closer than it should've been.
Unemployed
AG
Jabari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unemployed
AG
And Boban with the defensive play of the game.
GigEmMortis
AG
Ok guys, remember that we are gunning for that top pick! Don't pull a Texans and win too many meaningless games!
coastalAg
AG
Jalen 40 piece last night and they still lost. Thats what we like to see.

Pistons have a pretty good hold on worst record right now and Rockets/Spurs should both end up bottom 3 too.
WES2006AG
AG
coastalAg said:

Jalen 40 piece last night and they still lost. Thats what we like to see.

Pistons have a pretty good hold on worst record right now and Rockets/Spurs should both end up bottom 3 too.

It is unbelievable that a team could actually be worse than these Rockets.
Harry Dunne
Just turned 21 in Feb. and has a good chance to end up in the all-time top 5...

AAggie

Harry Dunne
Harry Dunne
Very Dallassy flex.

Enjoy continuing to pay top dollar to watch all y'alls underachieving teams.
AAggie
Harry Dunne said:

Very Dallassy flex.

Says the team playing so terribly, you're fighting for the top lottery pick. The money you save will help you pay for that smashed car window though leaving the stadium. Safe lite repair, safe lite replace!
GigEmMortis
AG
AAggie said:

It's because nobody wants to watch the garbage ass pistons
Harry Dunne
AAggie said:

Harry Dunne said:

Very Dallassy flex.

Says the team playing so terribly, you're fighting for the top lottery pick. The money you save will help you pay for that smashed car window though leaving the stadium. Safe lite repair, safe lite replace!
Fighting for a franchise-changing lottery pick is a few steps closer to a championship than making a desperation trade for flat-earth Kyrie and praying that he's weird enough that he won't hate Luka.

Either start a Trash Talk thread or GTFO. We have important tanking to discuss around here.
coastalAg
AG
Jalen on his late season glow up again. This has to just be a focus/effort thing. Now that the end of the season is in sight, time to try again.

Really need a good coach and some solid veterans who will push these young guys, especially Jalen and KPJ.
mAgnoliAg
AG
coastalAg said:

Jalen on his late season glow up again. This has to just be a focus/effort thing. Now that the end of the season is in sight, time to try again.

Really need a good coach and some solid veterans who will push these young guys, especially Jalen and KPJ.

Could be lack of training in offseason thing and then he gets in the groove second half of season. Imagine if he focused on his game all offseason.
mAgnoliAg
AG
KPJ triple double, jalen 32, K Mart 31, Sengun 25 and we lose
CFTXAG10
AG
mAgnoliAg said:

KPJ triple double, jalen 32, K Mart 31, Sengun 25 and we lose
I watched the entire 4th quarter. Jaren Jackson Jr. was unstoppable, and once the grizzlies locked in the final few minutes it was a joke. Desmond Bane, a small albeit tough guard, was getting easy buckets at the rim in the final two minutes. Sengun fouling out hurt, especially on an iffy call, but we just looked lost down the stretch. I pin that on coaching.
coastalAg
AG
Missed Tate in the rotation too.
The Porkchop Express
Mavericks gonna Maverick.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Unemployed
AG
Another successful tank job. Hopefully we get the #1 pick this time.
coastalAg
AG
Just rumors at this point, but Ime Udoka and Nick Nurse are out there as potential names for the Rockets next coach.

Both are great coaches, obviously. Just gotta be really sure about all of Udoka's skeletons and ability to keep it together in the future. He just seems like bad news.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Nurse would be incredible - not sure if I see him taking the Rockets if offered though. He's widely thought of as a great coach in NBA circles.

No thanks on Udoka.
CFTXAG10
AG
Immanuel Quickley w/ a 40 piece. That should be grounds for immediate termination as HC
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Anyone going to the McDonald's game tonight at Toyota? Been tracking D.J. Wagner for a while because I thought his dad was going to be Allen Iverson 2.0 back when I was in junior high. Also, Bronny is playing which will be interesting to watch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.