***** Official United States of America vs Belgium World Cup 2026 Thread *****

80,816 Views | 1470 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by zgolfz85
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

I wonder if there is a reality where we stay with the lineup/tactics without balogun, was pretty short notice to try to implement him back in to the plans.


he is a forward, it doesn't get any easier to implement him into the plans
Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
STFU and bring the hate
fightingfarmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Serious Lee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
this seems pretty typical


Enrico Pallazzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The US being painted as some sort of villain here with a possible tainted accomplishment is a bonkers take and anyone across the world who holds it can go F themselves. The US was bent over into a no win situation- lose your guy over a ridiculous call or be a bad guy for FIFA coming to its senses. Ridiculous

But let's go kick some ****ing ass and make all the piggies squeal. **** em all. Win.
carl spacklers hat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I want a Balogun hat trick just to watch the other half self-immolate.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
you are online too much if you think this will 'stain' the World Cup. Twitter isnt the real world.

And also, who cares what Europeans think
fightingfarmer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dave Portnoy and Barstool nailed it earlier.

The world (Europe) is upset not because of the appeal process changed the ruling, but that the US are starting to develop a good Men's Team. If we sucked and couldn't compete they wouldn't complain.

I would go so far to say those USMNT fans that are upset by this are the same as those Cubs fans and Aggie football fans that are always "well there is always next year!". As if they are happy being the lovable losers on the international stage where their betters tell them "its cute you call it soccer" and try to adopt as many European traditions as possible instead of creating their own.

I hope Balogun scores 5. But it would be just as sweet to win 3-0 and he never plays a minute.
A is A
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man this game cannot start soon enough
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've been mostly worthless as an employee since this tourney kicked off, but on usmnt match days, I might as well just take the day off....but I won't.
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A is A said:

Man this game cannot start soon enough


Nope. Still hoping for a delay so they can all keep talking past each other
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

A is A said:

Man this game cannot start soon enough


Nope. Still hoping for a delay so they can all keep talking past each other


I don't think we'll see a delay with the iconic weather in Seattle today. I went for the us Aussie game and it was 78 and sunny and cleanest I've ever seen that city. Almost got wild and booked a flight there for today when nosebleeds dropped to 1800
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zgolfz85 said:

guys, I get it....I bleed red white and blue too. The world is dumb though. What do we all think about Tx Tech now? Does their amazing playoff appearance and season last year mean anything outside of Lubbock right now? No, it's all sorsby and tech is shady af for even entertaining playing him. They're hated almost as much as tu and bama nationally right now.

I don't make the dumb PR rules, I just try to live in a world where our president doesn't admit that he made a behind the scenes call to get a 1 game ban overturned.


But he didn't. He flat out said he didn't have anything to do with it other than asking for a review. He also said he couldn't have had him change it if he wanted to, and that the decision was by committee. All he did is ask for a review. You're making way more of it than it is.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zgolfz85 said:

I've been mostly worthless as an employee since this tourney kicked off, but on usmnt match days, I might as well just take the day off....but I won't.


Yeah, you don't wanna waste vacation days.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lineups are usually posted a couple hours out right?
ccaggie05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

zgolfz85 said:

guys, I get it....I bleed red white and blue too. The world is dumb though. What do we all think about Tx Tech now? Does their amazing playoff appearance and season last year mean anything outside of Lubbock right now? No, it's all sorsby and tech is shady af for even entertaining playing him. They're hated almost as much as tu and bama nationally right now.

I don't make the dumb PR rules, I just try to live in a world where our president doesn't admit that he made a behind the scenes call to get a 1 game ban overturned.


But he didn't. He flat out said he didn't have anything to do with it other than asking for a review. He also said he couldn't have had him change it if he wanted to, and that the decision was by committee. All he did is ask for a review. You're making way more of it than it is.

I'm pretty sure many, if not most people don't take Trump or Infantino at their word.
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

Lineups are usually posted a couple hours out right?


Seems like it's usually 75 minutes this tournament like they started doing in UEFA and EPL
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

Lineups are usually posted a couple hours out right?


Seems like it's usually 75 minutes this tournament


Do you think things will change much from the line-up from the last game?
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
aginlakeway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

Lineups are usually posted a couple hours out right?


Seems like it's usually 75 minutes this tournament


Do you think things will change much from the line-up from the last game?


No. But I do hope Pochettino lists Flo Balogun 11 times.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

BTHO CHOCOLATE


That just sounds wrong.

And Belgian chocolate is yumola, but yes, btho belgium
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

Lineups are usually posted a couple hours out right?


Seems like it's usually 75 minutes this tournament


Do you think things will change much from the line-up from the last game?


No. But I do hope Pochettino lists Flo Balogun 11 times.


That would be funny. What do you guys think of the US coach? Do you think he's doing a good job?

The first time I heard him talk I thought he was Italian, but nope. He looks like a young Russel Crow.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
Joseydog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't hate the player, hate the game. FIFA is super corrupt and has been for a long time. In this instance, Trump used FIFA's corruption for our benefit. I am okay with it.

Re Qatar: I was angry that they were awarded the WC because it was clear corruption. I've gotten over it because that's how FIFA rolls. It's just easier to laugh at the corruption than to get angry over it.
zgolfz85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

Lineups are usually posted a couple hours out right?


Seems like it's usually 75 minutes this tournament


Do you think things will change much from the line-up from the last game?


No. But I do hope Pochettino lists Flo Balogun 11 times.


That would be funny. What do you guys think of the US coach? Do you think he's doing a good job?

The first time I heard him talk I thought he was Italian, but nope. He looks like a young Russel Crow.


He had a very mixed and mostly rough start, but clearly has these guys playing together now. He had high expectations coming in and wasn't meeting them…until this tournament. I hope he meets them again in 3 hours
TXAggie2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

Lineups are usually posted a couple hours out right?


Seems like it's usually 75 minutes this tournament


Do you think things will change much from the line-up from the last game?


No. But I do hope Pochettino lists Flo Balogun 11 times.


That would be funny. What do you guys think of the US coach? Do you think he's doing a good job?

The first time I heard him talk I thought he was Italian, but nope. He looks like a young Russel Crow.


There is a video of them doing a celebrity look alike and they handed Poch a photo of you know who. You might laugh.

The fact is Poch will be judged solely based on the results in this World Cup and so far, so good. We looked poor for a long time before this World Cup, but it doesn't matter.

I don't see how anyone can complain right now. But if we lose tonight, there will be a narrative that Belgium was the first legitimately good team we played in this tournament and well, that'll be it. Win tonight and this team will leave a legacy even if it goes out against Spain in a few days.
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

BTHO CHOCOLATE


That just sounds wrong.

And Belgian chocolate is yumola, but yes, btho belgium

it's called a Belgian dip

Who?mikejones!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TXAggie2011 said:

annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

Lineups are usually posted a couple hours out right?


Seems like it's usually 75 minutes this tournament


Do you think things will change much from the line-up from the last game?


No. But I do hope Pochettino lists Flo Balogun 11 times.


That would be funny. What do you guys think of the US coach? Do you think he's doing a good job?

The first time I heard him talk I thought he was Italian, but nope. He looks like a young Russel Crow.


There is a video of them doing a celebrity look alike and they handed Poch a photo of you know who. You might laugh.

The fact is Poch will be judged solely based on the results in this World Cup and so far, so good. We looked poor for a long time before this World Cup, but it doesn't matter.

I don't see how anyone can complain right now. But if we lose tonight, there will be a narrative that Belgium was the first legitimately good team we played in this tournament and well, that'll be it. Win tonight and this team will leave a legacy even if it goes out against Spain in a few days.


Hear hear. Build up games and even continental tourneys are all a build up to the world cup. Once you qualify, it's all about being the best at the moment of the world cup. That means experimentation, giving young guys minutes, trying different sets of players, resting your heavy minutes guys. Essentially, it's okay to look not great when there's nothing on the line so long as the reason for it is justifiable.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
zgolfz85 said:

annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

annie88 said:

TXAggie2011 said:

PatAg said:

Lineups are usually posted a couple hours out right?


Seems like it's usually 75 minutes this tournament


Do you think things will change much from the line-up from the last game?


No. But I do hope Pochettino lists Flo Balogun 11 times.


That would be funny. What do you guys think of the US coach? Do you think he's doing a good job?

The first time I heard him talk I thought he was Italian, but nope. He looks like a young Russel Crow.


He had a very mixed and mostly rough start, but clearly has these guys playing together now. He had high expectations coming in and wasn't meeting them…until this tournament. I hope he meets them again in 3 hours


Well, that's good.
He's older than I thought he looked.
If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
A is A
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyway. Lineups?
boogieman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Damn right!
JJxvi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Everybody should be posting the "football" compromise to any European they come across. Basically say red cards should be like targeting where the suspension is only for the next half. Or even better yet, suggest that it is for the next four quarters of play.
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


If you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me.
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
In.

BartInLA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I finally found out that 2 hours ago the appeal was denied.
Do the current number of yellow cards go away after the next game is over? Surely it doesn't count through the final game?
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.