Austin FC 2021 Season Thread

31,223 Views | 486 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fig96
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was a bad giveaway, but Stuver is one of the best statistical keepers in MLS.

Awful half for sure, but the roster is what it is for a first year team. There's a reason very few expansion clubs make the playoffs.
CedarAg
HTownAg98 said:

Oof.

That is some lazy bull****, right there. If you can't get more heart and effort than that then bench their asses.
fig96
AG
fig96 said:

That was a bad giveaway, but Stuver is one of the best statistical keepers in MLS.
Though he may not be after this match.
MB19
AG
Bottom of the table goal riot tonight. It's been fun for sure.
DeangeloVickers
AG
First time seeing Pepi and I'm shocked how impressive he is...18 years old. WOW
fig96
AG
We've at least made this interesting, clean up one of those giveaways and it's a totally different match.
Furlock Bones
AG
fig96 said:

fig96 said:

He played over his head to start the season. He's returning to his norm which is average at best.
fig96
AG
Furlock Bones said:

fig96 said:

fig96 said:

He played over his head to start the season. He's returning to his norm which is average at best.
You keep saying things like this with no evidence, a few weeks ago you said the same thing when we allowed two close range goals to Dallas.

He had a bad game tonight, but he's still among the top keepers in the league statistically and we're top third of the league in goals allowed. We've allowed more than 2 goals in a match one single time in 21 matches.
corkscrewduck
Just popping my head in to remind yall that texas is red
fig96
AG
You may have missed that we don't post to be dicks to rival teams on these threads, but it doesn't appear you actually post on this board anyway.
Furlock Bones
AG
Oaks give a goal in the 1st minute to the Dynamo.
Furlock Bones
AG
3-0 dynamo.
Furlock Bones
AG
If there's a lesson to be learned, it's to not hire a guy with no head manager experience to run an expansion squad.
fig96
AG
That one was ugly.
JT88
AG
Final goal emblematic of the whole season. Point black chance to score and make it 1-2 turns into breakaway goal 0-3….
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
Out in Left Field
AG
Is the color commentator wearing this?

Furlock Bones
AG
ATX up 3-1 at the half. Team is playing well. Playing as a nice unit. Wolffe makes 2 halftime subs and we start giving up goals immediately.

Now down 4-3 and Alex Ring picks up a 2nd yellow. So down to 10 men.

What the hell is Wolfe doing?
aggiephoenix02
Furlock Bones said:

ATX up 3-1 at the half. Team is playing well. Playing as a nice unit. Wolffe makes 2 halftime subs and we start giving up goals immediately.

Now down 4-3 and Alex Ring picks up a 2nd yellow. So down to 10 men.

What the hell is Wolfe doing?
Welp, you can't win 'em all...
Furlock Bones
AG
It be nice to win some of them especially with a 2 goal lead.
aggiephoenix02
Furlock Bones said:

It be nice to win some of them especially with a 2 goal lead.
Meh...
fig96
AG
That was the most bizarre and entertaining match (if you were a neutral) that I've seen in a long time. I don't even quite know where to start breaking down what happened.

On the plus side, Moussa had an immediate impact, wow. We knew this system was missing a target striker but I didn't realize what a huge factor it would be. He drew attention from defenders and opened up space, held the ball up well, had good vision, and had a couple solid attacking chances.

He apparently had some cramping issues which is why he came off at half, but can't wait to see more of him.
JCRiley09
AG
Djitte with a great shot and second effort!

1-0 against LA Galaxy 64'
JCRiley09
AG
FROM ROUND ROCK, TX. MCKINZE GAINES!

2-0 79'
DeangeloVickers
AG
Djitte is exactly what they needed!
TamuKid
AG
JCRiley09 said:

FROM ROUND ROCK, TX. MCKINZE GAINES!

2-0 79'

Great goal!
JT88
AG
Vamos!!!
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
fig96
AG
Moussa is gonna be a beast, that kid was a force last night and totally changed the look of the attack. Really fun match to see in person and both goals were great, and that second from Gaines was a stunner.

JT88
AG
That was so fun! Took a long-time soccer hater w me and he is a convert.

Djitte vs a lone defender = very real possibility of a long all forward as he is fast enough to threaten most defenders and strong enough to push them around as well.

Stuver was as good as he has been all year, incredible that he was able to keep a clean sheet vs some of those chances for LA
DeangeloVickers
AG
Awful break tonight

Gaines with a breakaway.....pushed from behind and NO CALL

then last touch of 1st half was OG from Lima....brutal
Out in Left Field
AG
Lol how they don't call that push is beyond me
JCRiley09
AG
Second time this season Wolff has rotated the lineup and murdered any momentum after a big win.
JT88
AG
Garbage refereeing. Make the calls!!!
bbry81
going to the national team game on thursday. Any suggestions on parking and entertainment before. Driving up from New Braunfels. tia
fig96
AG
If you need to park close the easiest way is via Pavemint, the Gray Gravel lot is cheap(er) and like 100 yards from the stadium.

https://venues.pavemint.com/venues/Austin/51/Q2-Stadium/parking

The Domain is nearby if you want to eat or drink before the match (Culinary Dropout is fun) or there's a few breweries and bars within walking distance of the stadium (Hopsquad, Circle, Adelbert's, Turnstile Coffee).
bbry81
the main thing for me is easy access especially after the game. any experience parking in those lots?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.