Austin FC 2021 Season Thread

31,199 Views | 486 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fig96
CedarAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We are half way through the season with 17 games played and 17 games left. We are 4-9-4. I just want to see improvement in this second half. That is what I expected to see from the beginning. No way am I giving up on Wolff or this team. I love having a team. I just want to see some growth.
fig96
AG
Furlock Bones said:

One other thing , we have relied heavily on Stuver playing above his career type. He's reverting hard to his mean. Unless Druissi and Djitte can start throwing in goals quickly, it's going to get worse.
Ill push back on that. Other than the giveaway vs Houston, which is 100% on him, in the last few matches what saves has Stuver not made that he should have?

The other Houston goal was a rebound where he made a big first save and the defense couldn't clear, Seattle was the Ruidiaz wonder goal, one from Dallas was a nice shot through traffic, and the other was a giveaway in midfield that led to an easy finish from 6 yards off a cross.
Ferg
Djitte is expected to land in Austin tonight per twitter.
aggiephoenix02
Well said!
fig96
AG

CedarAg
fig96 said:

Now let's start attacking and scoring goals. Hope he is ready to play right away.
fig96
AG
He's got a 5 day quarantine per MLS rules and he hasn't played in several months so I don't know that he'll be available right away. Best guess would be maybe on the 18th vs Vancouver or the 21st vs Portland.
Furlock Bones
AG
I only got to watch the first half due to the late start. But another stinker. I can't stand watching Pocettino whiff on goals anymore. He had a free header that he could not even manage to put on frame much less score what should have been an easy goal.
JCRiley09
AG
And it looks like our new DP suffered a major knee injury (no foul)
fig96
AG
He walked off the field so really hoping it wasn't as bad as it looked.

And I'm not one to complain about officiating, it's part of the game and MLS isn't known for great refereeing. But the guy last night was flat out garbage across the board.

On the play where Cascante was sent off the attacker looked to be offside, the above play wasn't even reviewed and is at minimum a caution if not a straight red, he blew the whistle before a corner at the end of the match, he ejected what people think was Arnaud (assistant coach) at the whistle with a smirk on his face, and was just completely inconsistent across the board.

That said, even with the ejection we were more solid than I expected, we had them on their heels a lot of the second half. Hopeful for a good run with a streak of home matches coming up and Djitte debuting soon.
JCRiley09
AG
Agreed on the officiating and that we looked somewhat dangerous. Gotta close though. Diego can't keep hitting posts and Poch can't send open headers wide
fig96
AG
fig96
AG
Some good news from Chris Bils, Driussi suffered a right lower leg contusion and Kolmanic has a mild left ankle sprain. Both looked like they could have been a whole lot worse.
JCRiley09
AG
Great news
Furlock Bones
AG
Another embarrassing night.
JCRiley09
AG
Brutal
Furlock Bones
AG
14 goals in 19 matches. Ugh.
aggiephoenix02
Furlock Bones said:

Yeah, things are rough for the boys, but all this here and now will make what happens later all the more sweet.

You Chicken Littles can find another team to root for if it's too much for you to take.

Our crest is a tree. Do trees start out looking all glorious and beautiful? No. They start as a small seed. Everything is progressing naturally...
Furlock Bones
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Furlock Bones said:

Yeah, things are rough for the boys, but all this here and now will make what happens later all the more sweet.

You Chicken Littles can find another team to root for if it's too much for you to take.

Our crest is a tree. Do trees start out looking all glorious and beautiful? No. They start as a small seed. Everything is progressing naturally...

Out in Left Field
AG
At least you can't be relegated
fig96
AG
I've got 3 seats in 317 for the match tomorrow night that I can't use if anyone wants to go, face is $75 with a $20 food credit included. DM me if interested.

Out in Left Field
AG
Dang they should play Portland every week!
fig96
AG
This is a refreshing change of pace, Dominguez going down when he was actually fouled for a penalty then a gorgeous header for ***undez. And now make it 3 as Driussi opens his MLS account with a great finish after a Portland defender saved the first attempt.
JCRiley09
AG
I wonder if players are in more comfortable positions. Driussi as an attacking midfielder and Ring is playing up a lot too. In no way do I expect this every week, but I am hopeful we can find a lineup that actually suits our players
Furlock Bones
AG
Great win tonight. Much needed. Hopefully we can maintain a bit higher level of performance.
JT88
AG
GREAT chemistry between Driussi & Ring!!! Hopefully the start of a beautifully friendship
Josey Wales: Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb mad dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.
JW
AG
Very nice
Furlock Bones
AG
Can we stop calling Stuver's name like he's an above average keeper? Good lord less than 6 minutes in and he gives up this trash at home.

Furlock Bones
AG
The equalizer! Yes!
Furlock Bones
AG
Absolute piss poor defending. 2 goals allowed in 3 minutes.
Furlock Bones
AG
And another one.
Furlock Bones
AG
Bad roster building. Completely inexperienced head coach. Results. One of the worst teams in the MLS.
Furlock Bones
AG
National tv embarrassment
Mike Elko
AG
No bueno, verde... No bueno.
HTownAg98
Oof.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.