Austin FC 2021 Season Thread

31,228 Views | 486 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by fig96
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, Stuver definitely had a couple saves.

And that was fun, though I made the mistake of selling my seats to some friends last night. Ah well, let's keep it going against LA next week!
dmart90
AG
Well, the Portland player was offsides so...

It was still a hell of a save!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
dmart90 said:

Wow! That was AWESOME! The stadium experience and the fans eruption when Austin FC broke the seal and scored their first home goal was simply incredible! Austin FC is an attacking club and last night it paid off in spades. I am hoarse today from all the yelling and singing. What a fun, fun, fun game and experience. Man, I am still pumped!
Great crowd !
goose91
AG
dmart90 said:

Shot came off a corner kick. Not sure how that could have been offsides.

I believe the offsides came after the save when the corner taker came back and played the ball. At least that is what the announcer seemed to think.

No replay of the offsides call in the highlights so I don't know.
dmart90
AG
goose91 said:

dmart90 said:

Shot came off a corner kick. Not sure how that could have been offsides.

I believe the offsides came after the save when the corner taker came back and played the ball. At least that is what the announcer seemed to think.

No replay of the offsides call in the highlights so I don't know.
Fair point. I honestly can't recall when the flag came up.
CedarAg
Damn, wish I could have watched the match. Last time I schedule a vacation in the middle of an Austin FC season. Highlights looked great though.
fig96
AG
*cough* YouTube

FS1/2 may show a replay over the weekend as well.
dmart90
AG
Well that was a terrible showing against LA FC.
aggiephoenix02
dmart90 said:

Well that was a terrible showing against LA FC.
It wasn't that bad...
DeangeloVickers
AG
Long periods of possession. More shots,.more corners....all better than I expected.

Again, no #9...how long will it take new guy to play?
JCRiley09
AG
It just felt off while at the match. The crowd was off. At times many of the players seemed off.

LA was letting us keep the ball because they knew as soon as we got in the final third, we'd choke and lose possession.

Fingers crossed the new signing brings some creativity to the team and hopefully we sign one or two more key players in this window.
fig96
AG
No Gallagher and no Pochettino hurt us, then when Pereira went off injured we kind of fell apart. Berhalter doesn't seem quite ready for this level and Manneh did not have a good game.

And it wasn't the reason for the loss, but the ref was genuinely awful tonight. Just not a good night all around, hopefully a week or two off to rest up and heal will help.
CedarAg
Not a good match. Not awful but not good. Stroud never seems to get a clean shot off. He seems just a step slow. While Manneh is cat quick, he just doesn't seem to be a finisher. We still need that creative scorer. Hopefully help is coming this month. How hard is it to get a single game ticket right now? I haven't been yet but would love to get down there. The atmosphere at the stadium seems great on tv.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Tickets are starting to go down down.

Install seat geek and use the app pavemint to get parking.
fig96
AG
You can get some reasonably priced seats on SeatGeek now, just watch out for the fees.
JCRiley09
AG
We sold our tickets to the Columbus match. Let's just say you can get very reasonably priced tickets day of match
CedarAg
Thanks for the advice.
aggiephoenix02
This is proof I'm not a troll, right here on this page.

I said I wanted our team to lose for a season or two to get rid of the posers, reduce the ticket prices, and wait out the hipster crowd. Now on this thread y'all are talking about ticket prices.

What I wanted as a homegrown supporter is happening 100%. My club is evolving exactly as I had hoped and imagined.

p.s. The roots of our club's tree are growing strong; the way things are developing are ideal. Our future is very bright...
JT88
AG
This team can win now.
Stuver is stout in goal (needs to stop giving the ball away, but that is another story.)
Ring is exceptional in midfield.
Just need someone who can finish.

And while ticket prices were crazy for the first couple of games, I think you are hoping in vain if you think they are going to come way down.

The atmosphere is awesome and for a pro-sports starved metro of > 2 million, demand is going to be fairly constant at a stadium that seats just 20k.

ps I've lived in Austin off & on for the past 30 years, all of it wishing in vain for the hipsters and posers to thin out.
(Edit for ps)
fig96
AG
JT88 said:

Stuver is stout in goal (needs to stop giving the ball away, but that is another story.)
Even with that giveaway we've gotta be +5 on the season thanks to Stuver (which I realize you're not dismissing).

Honestly, injuries are killing this team right now. With a healthy Gallagher, Pochettino, Pereira, and some depth in defense this is a totally different team as we saw against Portland. Adding pieces is only going to make this squad better, if Moussa can bang in some goals and we can find a bit more attacking talent look out.
DeangeloVickers
AG
We cant score. Gracious.
JCRiley09
AG
Well. That happened.
DeangeloVickers
AG
Seattle was playing 16 year olds.yikes
JT88
AG
Just not good.
aggiephoenix02
I didn't think it was all that bad...
JW
fig96
AG
Last night was frustrating af (though that goal was a legit thing of beauty), but this may be some good news...

Driussi was a 15 million transfer in 2017.

fig96
AG
aggiephoenix02
Alright! Another successful signing! I sure hope he ends up being a contributor!
fig96
AG
Official. He's played as a striker, winger, and attacking midfielder so referring to him as an attacking midfielder here probably indicates how we're looking to use him.

JCRiley09
AG
Excited for a new signing! He'll be quarantining during the Rapids match. But hopefully is eligible to my make a difference by the next match (Dallas?)

Djitte. Will that guy ever get here?
aggiephoenix02
Makin' Money Moves...
fig96
AG
Houston next Wednesday I believe. Driussi apparently has an Italian passport and was playing for a superclub which might have made his process a bit easier than Djitte (who I'm assuming is a Senegalese citizen).

Cool note though on Djitte, apparently he and Kekuta Manneh's mom are from the same tribe so he has a teammate who speaks his language, per Manneh they've already been chatting.
CedarAg
Hope Driussi is the addition we need. Need some major offense.
JCRiley09
AG
My god the new guys can't get here fast enough. Worst goal we've conceded ever. Not sure what Redes was doing when he tried to score and flopped. A player to keep him off the pitch would make it worth it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.