Houston Dynamo 2017 Season Thread

41,768 Views | 566 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gig them
gig them
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah... it's likely to be a limited squad, and it's 5:30 in the heart of the summer. That's a hard pass from me, at any cost.
Dre_00
Favorite part...Waibel going up into the stands to pick his replacement because he was too damn tired to play anymore.
gig them
AG
A start for Thirty Sanchez

fig96
AG
That was the worst call I've seen since that offside goal for LA.
aggiesoccer#1fan
AG
Anyone know why this was scheduled for 5:30 on a weekday?
Texaggie7nine
Because the Dash game is right after it and is a league game?
7nine
Bryan98
AG
I don't like that we apparently don't take the Open Cup seriously, but I guess that's where most of MLS is at.

Cincinnati knocked off Chicago last night! Cincy might have the best home support in MLS if they indeed get into MLS.
Dre_00
Reports that the Dynamo are close to signing Tomas Martinez from Sporting Braga. A couple of internet searches reveal that he's a 22 yr old attacking from Argentina who came through River Plate's youth system. After a few loans he was sold to Braga where it looks like he played in 12 games last season scoring 3 goals.

Roepken contacted the team and was told "we can't comment at this time" or something too that effect.
fig96
AG
"we can't comment" = thanks for the confirmation.

Don't mind some young attacking south american talent at all.
Dre_00
Craziest part is the man who first broke that story claimed the Dynamo were offering 1.7 million Euros as a transfer fee.
aggie7911
Wow if true credit for them trying to spend some money.
fig96
AG
Dre_00 said:

Craziest part is the man who first broke that story claimed the Dynamo were offering 1.7 million Euros as a transfer fee.
That would be...shocking. Maybe we really are a whole new team.
jeffk
AG
Gotta be a misplaced decimal point. Probably should read 17 Euros.
aggie7911
When does Wilma start to be held accountable for the awful road displays.

Colorado is a pitiful team
Bockaneer
AG
and another pointless road trip
Brick Tamland
Dre_00
Is he not?

It's frustrating of course but let's cut the guy some slack. He's done a lot better with his team than anyone thought he would. And in regards to this game, he did missing arguably 2 of his best 3 attackers.
aggie7911
I guess I don't see a lot of criticism about this awful road record..Rapids were also missing most of their back line and one of their best attackers.
Bryan98
AG
aggie7911 said:

I guess I don't see a lot of criticism about this awful road record..Rapids were also missing most of their back line and one of their best attackers.

I feel like there's nothing new to say about our road performances. We suck on the road, we're very good at home, it's crazy, and dwelling on it will make me crazy, too.
jeffk
AG
Dearest Wilmer,

You probably haven't noticed, but your team performs much worse on the road than they do at home. Obviously, this is entirely your fault and completely unacceptable. Please remedy this situation immediately or I shall be forced to write you another dispassionate letter of disapproval.

Sincerely yours,
Jeff K.

#Dale
aggie7911
You need to do better this wasn't very funny..
Dre_00
If we were playing FM, the board's confidence would read something like this.

"To summarize, the board is very pleased with your job performance. Your performance in the league has been a particular highlight.

However, the team's performance away from home has been poor and that's something you should think about."

Unless the team drops out of the playoff spots (which could easily happen with a couple more draws at home), no one is going to shine a massive light on the road form.

Dre_00
I meant to reply to aggie7911's post but you all get the idea.
JJxvi
AG
Brilliant. We should translate everything the club does into FM inbox-speak
Bockaneer
AG
maybe less criticism bc the losses are out of sight, out of mind and the home play makes up for it in excitement and wins
aggie7911
I completely agree I would just like to see a positive result on the road..I was actually at the game in LA thought we had that game.

Oh well
oh no
AG
Got screwed in la though
Dre_00
Glenn Davis saying that Tomas Martinez could be a Dynamo player as soon as Monday.
fig96
AG
We're definitely worth the price of admission at home.
Bryan98
AG
Dre_00 said:

Glenn Davis saying that Tomas Martinez could be a Dynamo player as soon as Monday.

I wonder how soon they're going to try and get him playing time. He's joining right before the Gold Cup break, so it's good that he has some extended time to practice with the team.

I wonder if having a 10 starting will mean a change to Alex's role. He's been doing a lot for us in terms of going forward and playmaking.
aggie7911
Another home win! West the table is getting crowded need some road results ..

How many gimmes did cubo miss?
Dre_00
Dynamo confirm the signing of Tomas Martinez from Braga on a permanent transfer. He becomes the team's 3rd DP. An actual permanent signing is refreshing especially considering that the initial rumor that had him moving here attached a 1.7 million Euro fee to him as well.

Not eligible to play Wednesday as still need to sort out his transfer certificate.
Bryan98
AG
Why does the story on the Dynamo's website describe him as our third Designated Player, with one of the others being Elis, yet Elis is on loan? I thought Quioto was a Designated Player. He's actually a "permanent" Dynamo, anyway.

I feel like I know a decent amount about soccer, but MLS salary rules are completely impenetrable.
gig them
AG
That's what happens when you make the rules up on the spot.
fig96
AG
gig them said:

That's what happens when you make the rules up on the spot.
Or when LA decides to do it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.