Houston Dynamo 2017 Season Thread

41,745 Views | 566 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by gig them
moneyag7
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DYNAMO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

Dynamo grab a point on the road against Sporting KC tonight and have clinched a spot in the playoffs. FC Dallas, San Jose, and Real Salt Lake are left fighting for the last spot in the the West.
FC Dallas vs LA Galaxy
Sporting KC vs Real Salt Lake
San Jose vs Minnesota

Vancouver.........52
Portland............50
Seattle..............50
Sporting KC......49
Houston............47
San Jose..........43
_________
Dallas...............43
Real Salt Lake..42
Dre_00
Hell of a job by Wilmer. Might host if we get a win next week and other results go our way. Even if it's one and done this season has been a step in the right direction.
moneyag7
Dre_00 said:

Hell of a job by Wilmer. Might host if we get a win next week and other results go our way. Even if it's one and done this season has been a step in the right direction.
Tickets for the potential first round playoff game go on sale tomorrow (10/16) at 10am
PJYoung
Dre_00
Officially hosting a playoff game after the 3-0 win over Chicago and SKC's loss.

Hosting SKC on either Wednesday or Thursday. I pray to God it's Thursday.

Also, Dallas missed the playoffs...lulz.
moneyag7
Dre_00 said:

Officially hosting a playoff game after the 3-0 win over Chicago and SKC's loss.

Hosting SKC on either Wednesday or Thursday. I pray to God it's Thursday.

Also, Dallas missed the playoffs...lulz.
Not sure when MLS will announce the schedule, but looking at last years playoffs, the 4 and 5 seeds from each conference played the second date (Thursday this year). That's what I'm hoping for as well. Going to be buying tickets if we end up playing on Thursday.

Here is the official link to get tickets.
I may try and wait and get some cheaper ones later this week. (not sure I can go yet because of school)
Dre_00
It's officially Thursday. 830 PM.
moneyag7
Just saw the time. I'll most likely be making the trip to Houston for the game!
PJYoung
AG
Dre_00 said:

Texaggie7nine
Dre_00 said:

Did they move it? I saw it first listed as today? That's why I didn't even question if I was going since I'd be watching the stros.

I might make it tomorrow.
7nine
moneyag7
Texaggie7nine said:

Dre_00 said:

Did they move it? I saw it first listed as today? That's why I didn't even question if I was going since I'd be watching the stros.

Pretty sure it's stayed the same since they announced. Initially was listed as either tonight or tomorrow.
PJYoung
AG
moneyag7 said:

Texaggie7nine said:

Dre_00 said:

Pretty sure it's stayed the same since they announced. Initially was listed as either tonight or tomorrow.

Yeah it's been that time/date since they announced it.
PJYoung
AG
LET'S GO
Out in Left Field
AG
Playoff game. No one in the stands. Sad.
Bryan98
AG
Out in Left Field said:

Playoff game. No one in the stands. Sad.

I'm in the stands. Where are YOU?
fig96
AG
This has been a horribly officiated match.
Texaggie7nine
Yeah it kinda sucks for them that the Stros are in the WS. Completely minimizes their footprint in the minds of Houstonians. He'll I would have gone tonight if I weren't so exhausted from last night and needing to rest up for going to the WS this weekend
7nine
Bryan98
AG
fig96 said:

This has been a horribly officiated match.

Unbelievable stuff. The linesman on the East side was just as bad as the center ref.
PJYoung
AG
Another chance to fill the stands Monday night.
oh no
AG
it was a damn fun game to be at last night.... GA tickets still only $22 or $30 for Monday... get people out there. Get your friends, neighbors, co-workers interested. Get some car-pools going.
Dre_00
That wasn't the prettiest of wins but I'll take it.
Brick Tamland
Man I wish I was in Houston this weekend!

Dynamo playoffs last night and Monday, Astros in the World Series the next three nights. Hoping all five games are wins for the good guys! Already got the one last night.
moneyag7
Got the chance to go to the game last night before driving back home to College Station afterwards (that was rough). Few thoughts....

• I support the booing of the USMNT players. I think if it happens next year, it may be a little dated and weird to do. Just give it to them this year.
  • I understand that it was an original 8:30 (pushed to 9) kickoff time on a weeknight but that crowd was bad for playoff soccer.
  • That match was poorly officiated, but Rubio for SKC played it great and got the early yellow drawn on Senderos.
  • There were way too many blown chances to put the game away in extra time. In 2 leg format you have to run up the score and this game was not a good indication that we can do that. Also on this note, the time wasting strategy in the second extra time period was terrible. Kept trying to play people in, instead of holding it up and getting to the corner.
  • Multiple times that game the mids and forwards weren't on the same page which led to the mids holding onto the ball too long and losing possession.
  • One more thing, that absolutely has to be a red card on their goalie. He was the last player, and I understand that it made no difference, but that is absolutely a red card.
  • Overall good. That was my first time to be at a game where the team I support wins
AggieWonWon
Matt Geiger refed that game end of story..Can't believe he is a MLS ref.
oh no
AG
A little worried about this to get through two legs vs Timbers

Bryan98
AG
oh no said:

A little worried about this to get through two legs vs Timbers

So we need to run up the score at home and then bunker hard away.
Dre_00
And he reffed in the last WC.
Texaggie7nine
If I wasn't so dead tired from the game last night, I would have gone tonight, but I just can't.
7nine
Bryan98
AG
Let's go Dynamo!
oh no
AG
i'm still going.
Dre_00
Got to take a minimum of a 2 goal lead to Portland to have a chance of advancing. 3 if Portland scores an away goal.

Kinda playing with house money at this point though.
Out in Left Field
Texaggie7nine
Not good
7nine
tremble
AG
Well, looks like at least 3 of their guys will be done for the next game at least. Had them dead to rights just couldn't capitalize
oh no
AG
Couldn't capitalize but a clean sheet giving up no away goals and we didn't lose any of our guys playing with a yellow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.